FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

support asda at tuesday meeting

Feb82000

More trunkers for me to overtake on the A9  :crazy07:

Mind you I wouldn't greet if they put Tesco out of business  :023:

They might have a 2nd "Green Train" running up to Inverness like they do with Aberdeen. All of ASDAs stock goes to the North East via rail though that is under threat because of the subsidy package being removed.

remarks we considered to be racist in nature were removed and the poster given an official warning for breach of site rules.

Apologies to those who posted legitimate (non-racist) responses to the original comment but I just removed all comments that made reference to the original remark. 

remarks we considered to be racist in nature were removed and the poster given an official warning for breach of site rules.

Apologies to those who posted legitimate (non-racist) responses to the original comment but I just removed all comments that made reference to the original remark.   

scott , if you consider that remark racist , all these boards would be shut down.

since it's a works pc , i will remove my initial reply.....

Sadly, I have to say, this is the first instance I can say where i have witnessed OTT moderation on this site of any nature. As soon as I responed to Broomie Boy's post, I wondered if/how long it would take before the PC brigade pounced, but suprisingly, it turns out to be not the "usual suspect". By labelling all the posts u deemed ok as "non racist", by your actions of removing my post (among others), you are therefore saying I am racist and i take HUGE offense at that! Al put it this way, I have yet to stumble upon an Eastern European Economic Migrant that I have had a positive encounter with. The views i hold are based on a large number of negative personal experiences of them and not based on their race! If that makes me racist in some overly sensitive peoples opinion.............then thats their problem!

And to add a little balance to this, i would like to add, in my time, I have (by choice) chosen to spend time socially with Indian, Bangladeshi, Black, Rhodesian, Taiwaneese and Chinese people among others!

Al put it this way, I have yet to stumble upon an Eastern European Economic Migrant that I have had a positive encounter with. The views i hold are based on a large number of negative personal experiences of them and not based on their race!

:024:

SMEE, what Scotty actually said was :

which does not cast any aspersions at all on the people who had legitimate posts removed.

The rules of this forum do not tolerate racism, and anyone who has spent any time at all here knows that this is strictly enforced.

At this stage I should also remind people of the rule against "back seat moderating".

Yngwie.........if all posts remaining were deemed "non racist" that means those that were removed MUST have been deemed racist. Its the only possible logical conclusion you could make....if not, why were they removed?

Yngwie.........if all posts remaining were deemed "non racist" that means those that were removed MUST have been deemed racist. Its the only possible logical conclusion you could make....if not, why were they removed?

no you are incorrect.

ONE post was deemed racist and it was removed. All other posts that referenced that original post (by containing it as a quote) were not in themselves deemed racist (ie. they were OK) but were also removed as I did not have the time or inclination to go in and edit each one individually to remove the original quote from them all.

Any further discussions regarding moderation of this thread should be done in accordance with the site rules.

Which part do u have difficulty with Johnboy and al attempt to enlighten ya

You've really surprised me with that, Smee.... I've had nothing other than positive experiences with Inverness based East European migrants. My wife and I have, in the past couple of years, visited Krakow in Poland, and Bratislava in Slovakia visiting some great people, from friendships that were forged here in Sneck.

I will be perfectly happy to see many more EE migrants taking root here... and to get this back on topic, if Asda goes some way to giving us that...

Good on them...  :022:

but I just removed all comments that made reference to the original remark.   

My appologies Scotty........the above segment I had ommited to read and only noticed having re-read what you had originally sed. Still believe I have the right to form my own opinions, for my own reasons, without it being racist!

You've really surprised me with that, Smee....

I can only go by what I have experienced first hand Johnboy. Only yesterday, whilst waitng for a bus in the rain for 15 mins, one of our Migrant friends arrived last and barged to the front of the que first to get on. Things like that p1ss me off no end! There are a multitude of such experiences, some worse than others. Wee things like that shape opinions

I can only go by what I have experienced first hand Johnboy. Only yesterday, whilst waitng for a bus in the rain for 15 mins, one of our Migrant friends arrived last and barged to the front of the que first to get on. Things like that p1ss me off no end!

Are you sure he wasn't ______  ..?

Sorry Scotty - please feel free to delete this post.....  :014:

Which part do u have difficulty with Johnboy and al attempt to enlighten ya

You've really surprised me with that, Smee.... I've had nothing other than positive experiences with Inverness based East European migrants. My wife and I have, in the past couple of years, visited Krakow in Poland, and Bratislava in Slovakia visiting some great people, from friendships that were forged here in Sneck.

I will be perfectly happy to see many more EE migrants taking root here... and to get this back on topic, if Asda goes some way to giving us that...

Good on them...  :022:

Your comments pretty sum up my experiences as well.

The fact is there are a-holes of all nationalities out there and i don't think you can make a presupposition on someone's personailty based on their nationality. I have met some wonderful people from eastern europe who I consider to be my friends now.

Finally I've had people jump the queue at the bus stop before and it's not exactly unusual to find the guy or girl doing it is actually scottish. It's not really an etiquette which many people obey to be honest.

SMEE, I have just read the deleted posts and to be fair, without the post that triggered the debate, the rest dont work and wouldn't have made any sort of sense.

Plenty of posts on here that don't make much sense, Alex...!!  :023:

Back to the topic - The application by Asda has been deferred to the 14th of January. Apparently this has something to do with a pending application by Tesco to open what would be their fourth store in Inverness in the Holm Rd area...