FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V Celtic : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Just back in from a very subdued glasgow hostelry... :023:

My matchday companion was a big Sellick fan and even he couldn't gripe too much!  Good on you lads - one of the performances of the season.  Keep up the good work....

And let's stick it to the jam tarts next week and make it a very merry feckin Xmas :021:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I certainly sounds like they're more intelligent than their manager.

This was an astonishing game and an absolute classic.  Watching Caley Thistle run Celtic ragged for large portions of the second half was a total joy.  Strachan's post match comments were pathetic and most Celtic fans will see right through them.  He did himself no favours there. 

Strachans comments were taken right from the "Gurny, Greeting Whinge Bag book for Losers". What a pathetic little man he is. Come on Gordon, feel like highlighting the difference in transfer/wage budgets between the two teams today or do you only do that to suit you?

GIRUY!

what a day, what a performance, every player on the park was awesome. that will go down as one of the best if not the best game ive ever been at. what an atmosphere, crowd were excelllent. a big  :clapping03: to everyone today, from the fans to the players to the management, what an early chistmas present!!  :crazy07:

Strachan can moan all he wants, at the end of the day it finished 3-2!! :crazy07:

Ma feckin tattoo on ma arm faded a bit more and the one on ma erse gets more beautiful by the day. To be honest we could have been 4 or 5 down by half time but the second half was classic ICT - so feckin proud. Well worth the 7 hour journey home  - with a rite pished aff Mrs IHE.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Five smileys fer the lot but a special mention fer the players I usually have a pop at - Hastings was sooperb - How many times did he get a block and/or a header in - and Marius had his best game ever fer ICT - he may not be mobile or have pace but he can do a job, mainly at home, due to his touch and awareness - and fer the first time I felt that he was committed to the cause.  :clapping03: :clapping03:

Strachan's post match comments were pathetic and most Celtic fans will see right through them.  He did himself no favours there. 

Noticed the message boards are full of 'tics comparing Brewster as an 'inspired tactician' to the inept future Scotland manager that is WGS.

What next, Brewster for Scotland headlines?

Well done ICT. You made an Irish bar in Shanghai very very quiet (save for one voice!).  :clapping03: Truly inspired and as Gordy says - a reminder of days when a deficit at half time only made it more interesting.

The Scotsman photo seems to show the 'singing section' empty - what gives with this?

If you mean the seats in the background of the Proctor picture then that was the new unroofed enclosure they built which was intended for the singing section.  Nobody was sitting there at all, and I can only assume that it wasn't made available as their was still the odd empty seat in the North and Main stands.  We were slightly short of capacity crowd today.

From looking at the Sportscene edit...

On balance, our penalty was due

Jan Vinegar's off the post effort was well covered by Ikey

Marius shoud have done a lot better with his saved header, Down not up, see JVoH for details

Cowie got a very lucky bounce for his goal, but took it well.

Bambi's header was sure shifting. Brown got a hand to it, and it still ended up in the net

Rankine's penalty was not good. Practice all round required.

Their disallowed offside goal was marginal, I have seen much worse given

All in all a day when we rode our luck...again. Doesn't mean it wasn't a knock out performance.

And, Strachan, by my back-of-a-twix packet tot-up we were easily equal on shots on target, at least up till Brave Proctor's sacrifice.

Guest TinCanFan

Fraser - Great today and that save at the end would've done Schmeichel proud. 8/10

Proctor - Played well and his sending off probably saved the game for ICT and not forgetting his goal. 7.5/10

Munro - Looked solid enough. 7/10

McGuire - Also looked good and a great clearance off the line in the first half. 7/10

Hastings - Played well. 7/10

Cowie - Played very well. 8/10

Black - He played well too. 7/10

Duncan - Not bad. 7/10

Rankin - Fairly quick and scored the penalty. 7/10

McBain - Not too bad. 6.5/10

Niculae - Played well. 7/10

Subs: Tokely for McBain

Bayne for Niculae

Wilson for Cowie

Tokely - 7/10 - Looked pretty solid.

Bayne - 6/10 - Looked quick but needs to go after the ball more.

Wilson - 6/10 - Okay but did little when he came on.

Ref - Alan Freeland - Looked like a fan of the Parkhead team at times. 6/10

Steak Pie - Not bad but feel apart like the Celtic defence at the Cowie goal.

Only, every professional I've ever known (ok, ok, both!  :016:) will tell you it's a **** of lot more energy-sapping chasing the ball than having possession... Cowie's comments about the squad's fitness weren't just pish and wind, and that's at least something Brew's brought back.

Wonder when we'll get an ICT TV channel on Setanta....!!  :023:

A club channel showing audio/video highlights and live audio/video for subscribers on the official ICT website ... like virtually every other site PTV provide would be a start !

The application of media rights in the SPL are both a minefield and a f***ing joke - just ask any one of our overseas supporters ... most of whom are chomping at the bit to be able to subscribe to such a service whether through the SPL itself, the BBC or preferably ICT

What a game... it had everything - 5 goals; a fantastic come-back; a world class save; a side that showed grit and determination in adversity; Freeland giving us a break for a change; ICT fans getting right behind the side; a midfield that can now dominate its area.

If we see a better game this season then we're in for a treat.

outstanding.

loved it.

still have not stopped grinning, and was even more amazed to see mageady is out of the old firm game too now, (diving little sniping ******  :008: :018:)

do think i might have to ask for a refund on my season ticket though, think i have only used about 10% of the seat  :014:

mind you that was worth the ?330 alone.

:001:

Setanta can be added to the Cable bill--for a big PRICE. The question is , as always, would it be worth it since there is no guarantee that you would see ICT more than once a season?

I would much rather GIVE MY MONEY TO THE CLUB. :crazy07:

Scotty is right about the Media rights.--time for all of us overseas posters to form a united front and start putting pressure of the ICT Board to help us out---fer heaven's sake.

C'mon the Board, shake a leg and  put in a subscription-based video link. Here is my cheque right now so what arey you---and we--- waiting for?--fer heaven's sake. :029:

Setanta can be added to the Cable bill--for a big PRICE. The question is , as always, would it be worth it since there is no guarantee that you would see ICT more than once a season?

SP - not sure what your deal is with Shaw, but with Rogers, we can add Setanta to our cable for $14.99 per month.

I thought that sounded alright so decided to make a few enquiries when they had the free preview service. I emailed them and specifically asked about their coverage of the SPL .... and this is what I was told.

1. There will be NO live coverage of the SPL on a regular basis. The odd game may be shown 'delayed' where scheduling permits, or maybe even live if it doesnt include one of the OF, but its on a very haphazard schedule (basically, if they cant show something else !!!) .

2. Unlike Setanta USA, Setanta Canada will not be allowed to show the SPL highlights programme or any panel discussion programmes. no reason given but suspect this is not Setanta's fault, more likely the CRTC or some obscure CanCon rule.

3. Games involving the OF will NOT be shown. In North America, Celtic and Rangers have allowed affiliated members of the federation of Rangers/Celtic supporters' clubs to get the rights. These games must be shown in commercial establishments who have subscribed to the premium channel (only available to pubs) and viewers must be charged $20 per head cover charge which is remitted to Setanta. As Setanta put it in the email, "we are only the conduit that the supporters clubs use for their feeds".

If you want to be a successful smartarse then you really should make sure you've got all the basis covered first...or at the very least made sure you've read the whole thread....

I tell you how great it was, I just tried to make a phonecall and when the person answered and I went to speak...nothing came out but a croak...the voice is gone, completely fooked  :029: