Brew makes his 34768th move [renamed]

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the Richard Gough exclusive that really did it for mee  :015:

I'll listen to you IHE! My rates for therapy and pyschoanalysis are really quite competitive  :001:

Hoolahan was just in case the other deals nosedived. Hoolahan and Rankin are the same type of players.

Rankin plays in central midfield and Hoolahan is a winger!! I wonder if the plan would be to  play him wide left???

The Arabs are easily fooled.... Kencar : What IHE means when he says that Rankin & Hoolihan are the same kind of player, is that they each have two arms, two legs, and both can kick a football....

IHE: please please ...not the fecking aquifier again........please, please, please, please.....

I read on another forum a post by ICT-Chris saying he was worried about the transfer of Rankin and i tend to agree. He's not proven at this level yet we seem happy to pay our biggest ever fee. Of course maybe Bennett knows something we don't regarding Black leaving, then the whole situation would change.

He's not proven at this level

When we made the step up to the SPL how many of our players had actually made more than a handful of appearances in the top division ? I think the SPL rookies did pretty well that season (apart from maybe the first game of the season) and went on to bigger and better things last season .... If Rankin is as good as we all hope he will step up without much problem .... 'class will out' as they say !

cant see the fee being a problem he looks class and with parkies coaching he,ll turn out a great player,he may take a while to settle in spl but give him time,hopefully we,ll still keep black also,or if black goes get hooligan also

[move]dont ya just feckin love the pre season banter :015: :015:[/move]

WELL FECK ME - THERE COULD BE A TWIST IN THE TALE!!!

INVERNESS SET TO SPLASH ON DARGO, DODS DEALS DAZZLER 

CALEY THISTLE are ready to make Craig Dargo and Darren Dods the best-paid players in the club's history.

Inverness manager Charlie Christie is determined to resist the overtures of Craig Brewster's Dundee United and will offer the pair record contract extensions.

Former Hibs defender Dods was a model of consistency at the heart of defence while Dargo scored 20 goals last season as Caley Jags narrowly missed out on the top six in only their second SPL term.

Both are under contract until next summer, but Christie believes they could attract interest from bigger clubs than the Arabs should they repeat their form of last season.

Speaking at the club's training base in Tuscany, Italy, Christie said: "I can say the deals we have put together for Darren and Craig would far outweigh anything this club has ever offered players in the past. That's a great pat on the back to the board of directors and also a reflection of how successful we've been, with the balance sheet showing a healthy profit.

"I think it's only fair that a good percentage of the money is ploughed back into the team and I'm hopeful either one or both of Darren and Craig will choose to sign. But as our director of football Graeme Bennett has quite rightly indicated, the Dundee United interest is dead unless something changes spectacularly.

"I've made it clear I'd rather let contracts run down as they do at clubs such as Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Hibs. It may be my attitude would change if there was no progress come the January transfer window, depending on where we were in the league."

Midfielder Ian Black has also been offered a considerable pay rise.

Meanwhile, SFL player of the year John Rankin was last night close to completing a £65,000 move from Ross County to Caley Thistle. Rankin was finalising a contract in discussions between his agent Tom Callaghan and Caley Thistle director of football Graeme Bennett.

[move]DONT FERGET TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES[/move]

There may be a reprieve fer Black. Proctor is offski but the Butcher is having difficulty matching ICT's valuation and Brewster is desperately bargaining. Note that Black and Proctor were left out last night and do you not just love the one line left for Black in the above P&J report.

Couldn't have put it better myself.  :015: :015:

I wish they would all just go where they are going and get it over with.  I hate this transfer window nonsense.  I think we should hang on to Proc (hope he is fit again) especially with Ross's injury.  Proctor is a quality player and a lovely guy into the bargain.  I would like him to stay but would also understand that he wants to play football and if we can't give him a game then it might be better for him to move on.  We need quality cover though and that's what he gives us, especially as he can play in a few positions and can score the odd goal into the bargain.

C,mon--is this game now about young 23 year-old lads with pointy hairdos hiding their big heads or is it about seasoned pros who have proven their worth, e.g. D. Dods, who deserve attention?

Point is that paying too high wages to Rankin if he is the one causing the problem may be very dangerous  and I am a little nervous of what will happen to all of them when and if they go "out of contract" either next year or 2008 and leave on a freebie with little or no financial accrual to ICT. :016: :016: Just  let's hope Dargo does not go off the boil though....

The other side of the coin is that tha money we could accrue by holding on to them in terms of getting further in the cups, higher up the league, more revenue from TV rights, bigger crowds etc, would more than counterbalance the loss in terms of releasing them when they are out of contract for zilch.