FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Motherwell

Alex MacLeod

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Bayne was excellent today....  kick-started the game for us....

Think too that Imrie could be tried in a solo striking role - both he and Cowie played their socks off today.

I'm sure Rory's time will come - but he's still not quite the finished article.

I'm sure Rory's time will come - but he's still not quite the finished article.

Feck me, how big's the article???????? :017: :017: :017: However big it is, he's nowhere near the standard we require at this level. Sorry, he simply isn't good enough.

The bloke couldn't even cut it at Peterhead, so why the **** he's still with us is beyond me.

And I didn't think we actually decided to start playing today until we'd gone a goal behind.

I'd go with...

Fraser

Tokely McGuire Munro Hastings

Imrie Black Cowie McBain

Niculae Bayne

Wyness will still be out and the Messiah will feign injury and/or sit on the bench.

The back five pick themselves:

DUNCAN    BLACK

WILSON                          IMRIE

COWIE

BAYNE

Wyness will still be out and the Messiah will feign injury and/or sit on the bench.

DUNCAN    BLACK

WILSON                           IMRIE

COWIE

BAYNE

You're not as daft as you look....  :016:

I'd put money on Caley taking all 3 points if they go with that line up... :018:

Guest stevico64

DUNCAN    BLACK

WILSON                           IMRIE

COWIE

BAYNE

When has Marius ever feigned injury or what makes you think he will on this occasion. Agreed he might be on bench but that will not be through his own choice, you seem to pass judgement on his character when you obviously don't know him.

When has Marius ever feigned injury or what makes you think he will on this occasion. Agreed he might be on bench but that will not be through his own choice, you seem to pass judgement on his character when you obviously don't know him.

Knowing him, or not knowing him doesn't come into it, Stevieco64. Marius was, by a considerable margin, our worst player on Saturday...

As you seem to know more about him than anyone else on here, how would you assess his fitness at this moment..?

Guest stevico64

Knowing him, or not knowing him doesn't come into it, Stevieco64. Marius was, by a considerable margin, our worst player on Saturday...

As you seem to know more about him than anyone else on here, how would you assess his fitness at this moment..?

I wasnt trying to say that IHE or whoever shouldnt critisise what Marius does on the field, that is their right as paying customers, however saying that someone would feign injury is a different story, I do know Marius and he wants to play each and every game for ICT. I am not so blinkered to say that Marius had a good game on Saturday in fact far from it, I probably wouldnt say he was the worst player by a considerable margin as I thought there were a few that were poor.

I think the suggestion of a feigned injury was aimed at the possibility of saving face if he is dropped to the bench.  Not that he wouldn't want to play.  It's easier to say that he is carrying a knock than say that he has been dropped. (If indeed this is the case).

Guest stevico64

I think the suggestion of a feigned injury was aimed at the possibility of saving face if he is dropped to the bench.  Not that he wouldn't want to play.  It's easier to say that he is carrying a knock than say that he has been dropped. (If indeed this is the case).

Possibly was and if that was the case then I apoligise

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war?

Caley Thistle set to adopt aerial route to success

Published:  19 February, 2008

CRAIG Brewster may be forced to change Caley Thistle's normal passing game in order to cope with conditions underfoot at Motherwell tomorrow evening.

The pitch at Fir Park has come in for heavy criticism after a spate of matches were postponed throughout last month due to waterlogging.

This has left the surface badly rutted and even Motherwell boss Mark McGhee was critical of it in the wake of Saturday's 3-1 triumph over tenants Gretna, claiming it was in no way conducive to one-touch football.

Given the nature of the pitch, McGhee has been forced into opting for the aerial route to goal and Caley Thistle manager Brewster could do likewise tomorrow evening.

"The one thing we know about the pitch at Motherwell is that it is going to be the same for both sides," he said.

"By all accounts the condition of it isn't good, so suddenly we've got to really think about how we approach the game.

"There's no doubt, however, we'll have to be that little bit smart and get the ball into certain areas of the pitch where we know we'll be able to play."

Tomorrow night's encounter is the second game of a five-match spell in 14 days for Caley Thistle after they began with a 1-1 draw against Dundee United at home on Saturday.

After Motherwell, Caley Thistle's difficult schedule of fixtures will see them visit Hibs on Saturday and Celtic a week tomorrow, before finishing off with a home encounter against Hearts.

Brewster, however, remains unperturbed by the amount of games his side will have to play between now and the start of March, which could go some way to deciding if they are capable of finishing in the SPL's top six come the split.

"We've simply got to deal with it," he stated. "It's going to be difficult, especially with three away games in a row, but this is the way it's worked out.

"When you get a run of games like this in fairly quick succession then there's a few points to be won and lost, so it's up to us to pick up as many as we can in order to maintain the momentum we've built up."

The fixture against Motherwell will see Caley Thistle reach another significant milestone in that it will be the club's 500th league game since joining the Scottish League in 1994.

The occasion, however, will only be remembered should Inverness achieve a positive result against a side currently flying high in third place in Scotland's top flight.

Caley Thistle have lost twice to the Steelmen this season already, but Brewster believes that if his players deliver a performance he knows they are capable of then they could come away from Lanarkshire with something tangible.

"It's another difficult game for us, but then every one in the SPL is," he added.

"However, if everyone plays to their potential then I don't see any reason why we can't put on a really good performance at Motherwell."

With so many games coming up in such a short space of time, Brewster may contemplate changes for tomorrow even-

ing in order to freshen up his team.

The impact made by Graham Bayne after replacing Marius Niculae on Saturday was noted by Brewster and should he choose to adopt an aerial route, his presence in the air could well unlock Motherwell's defence.

"Graham Bayne came on against United and played well," he said.

"I know what he has in his locker and there's no doubt we got a real lift from him coming on, but I'll wait and see how training goes before deciding on any changes."

There had been reports after Saturday's encounter that both Dennis Wyness and Barry Wilson had been ruled out after failing late fitness tests, but Brewster revealed they were simply left out of the final 18-man squad.

The duo will be in contention for a place at Motherwell, although David Proctor is definitely out with a hamstring injury.

CRAIG Brewster may be forced to change Caley Thistle's normal passing game in order to cope with conditions underfoot at Motherwell tomorrow evening.

Given the nature of the pitch, McGhee has been forced into opting for the aerial route to goal and Caley Thistle manager Brewster could do likewise tomorrow evening.

laugh.gif

What planet is Brewster on here?

Before reading too much into that article Brew isn't actually quoted as saying what he will or wont do. His quotes read:"The one thing we know about the pitch at Motherwell is that it is going to be the same for both sides," he said.

"By all accounts the condition of it isn't good, so suddenly we've got to really think about how we approach the game.

"There's no doubt, however, we'll have to be that little bit smart and get the ball into certain areas of the pitch where we know we'll be able to play."

In light of the pitch

Fraser

Tokely, McGuire, Munro, Hastings

Cowie,         Black,          Imrie

McAllister, Bayne, Niculae

Controversial yes but three big strikers

Before reading too much into that article Brew isn't actually quoted as saying what he will or wont do.

Fair point. I hope he doesn't believe that we play a passing game though. If he does it is seldom evident. If we are going to go for long ball at least do it right i.e. utilise Bayne who would suit it well.

Brew isn't actually quoted as saying what he will or wont do. His quotes read:"The one thing we know about the pitch at Motherwell is that it is going to be the same for both sides," he said.

Yes... that was certainly an extremely astute observation...

Brewster's no fool..... :018: