FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SPL club,

I can understand some fans' frustrations here but please also remember this.

This game is not being organised by ICT but by Barry's Testimonial Committee.  ICT staff are selling these tickets over and above their normal duties as a courtesy to Barry.  

This game is not being organised by ICT but by Barry's Testimonial Committee.  ICT staff are selling these tickets over and above their normal duties as a courtesy to Barry.  

Once again I'm flummoxed by representatives of the Supporters Trust jumping to the indefensible defense of the club when really there's no reason why they couldn't have obliged fans on Saturday after the game.

They might be doing it as a courtesy, but when they advertise they are selling tickets until "close of business" then that's what they should have been doing.  Seems to me that they were all far more interested in shutting up shop ASAP so they could all join the end of season p*ss-up in hospitality.

I was in the club shop..sorry i meant Portacabin after the game on Sat and there were loads of folks asking about the tix for the Liverpool game...i for one cant see a reason not to sell tix after a game.

spare a though for those of us who live in Edinburgh...i do hope to have a friend pick mine up next week

and Gordyfromshneck...."you can take the club out the highland league but you cant take the highland league out of the club"

peace

Once again I'm flummoxed by representatives of the Supporters Trust jumping to the indefensible defense of the club when really there's no reason why they couldn't have obliged fans on Saturday after the game.

They might be doing it as a courtesy, but when they advertise they are selling tickets until "close of business" then that's what they should have been doing.  Seems to me that they were all far more interested in shutting up shop ASAP so they could all join the end of season p*ss-up in hospitality.

I'm not trying to defend anybody.  Just making a statement of fact that some people are probably unaware of.

Oh, that's OK then. Amateurish inconsistency is permissable under these circumstances.*sarcastic emoticon*

As always Caley D has the definitive insight n these matters.

Tickets have been available to ST holders since monday. Ticket office has been open from 10 am to 4:30 pm each day and from 10 am saturday till close of business, whatever time that was. The club believed that would be enough time to allow priority groups the chance to purchase before general sale.

This is not an ICT football match. It is a testimonial being organised by a committee and, although the club do not need to take control of the ticketing, the staff agreed to take on the additional workload. The reason for the priority deadline was to give season ticket holders the chance to retain their own seat for this game.

Clearly there are people who managed to purchase tickets on saturday and equally clearly there are those who didn't and they have expressed their disappointment.

Whether people are, or are not, telling the truth on this matter is not for me, or anyone else, to judge without hard facts, so would those who are turning this thread into one of name-calling, slanging and downright abuse please refrain from doing so.

and? why shouldnt i ask to get a ticket on here,he could of done the same,at least i made a effort to get one before sat,and didnt call the club amateur etc,every single thing i post you disect and rip to shreds,is there any need for it? if you dont like what i post,can you just igonre it?

I'm not saying you shouldn't ask to get a ticket. What I am saying is that you found yourself, all too recently, in a very similar position to the OP and yet you are being very harsh on him because you think he's made no effort. Again, and maybe you missed this part, he didn't have time to phone the stadium/post a personal request on the internet to get something sorted so the only chance he had was on Saturday?

As for disecting your posts I would call it arguing/debating a point. Surely you can't expect to post certain things without being challenged about them and being able to back them up?  :confused05:

I phoned several times before 9, after 9, and after 10. I left a message at 9.05 - no call back. So I have no ticket for Barry's do. I am sure the club will be crying about the loss of my ?15, but I will now have to have a think about my and my daughter's season ticket purchase. Perhaps the loss of ?500, would make them sit up.

But If I do decide to go ahead, I will pay no notice to any advertised "deadlines" and get in early, as my very wise colleague Blackieforce suggested. I will treat any other marketing communication from the club as just so much file-under-fiction.

I wonder if Zabriskie got her tickets?

This is not an ICT football match.

not having a go but this bit puzzled me, so its a game played by past and present ICT players at ICT's ground in front of ICT supporters of which ICT season ticket holders had priority over ticket purchase. ICT are selling the tickets from their own 'shop' and marketing it on their own website yet despite all of this its not an ICT game?

Clearly there are people who managed to purchase tickets on saturday and equally clearly there are those who didn't and they have expressed their disappointment.

Whether people are, or are not, telling the truth on this matter is not for me, or anyone else, to judge without hard facts, so would those who are turning this thread into one of name-calling, slanging and downright abuse please refrain from doing so.

i think its this inconsistency and mis-communication that has led to the problems.

anyway, i have my ticket and i'm sure most who want a ticket will have one or get one, eventually, so lets hope its a great day for Barry

I believe that yesterday was an all time record for ticket sales.  It is still not sold out though, so still time to get your tickets. 

Thanks for the tip-off LG. Got my tickets by phone today sold by a very efficient and helpfull young lady. All's well that ends well.

INTO THEM SCALLIES!!!