FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

First game tomorrow

Alex MacLeod

Barrowman could have had a barrowload.  His finishing was poor but he has a real knack of getting into good positions.  Once he gets a goal he could fly.  Evans impressed with his desire to impress.  He looked like he really wanted a contract.  He may just have done enough to earn one.  Jury is still out on Zadi as far as I'm concerned.

Most memorable part of the game were the extracts from Billy Nelson's new album.  Numbers such as Westering Home to the Ferry and the imaginatively titled, Right Enough, had the crowd stunned to silence as they listened to the lyrics.  Very funny.

Guest WynessLegend

Brew was at the Clach game.

Evans looked an excellent prospect and on todays showing I think he'd be a very good signing linked well with Imrie.

Bayne was in the crowd looking delighted that, in Barrowman, we may have signed someone even worse than he was.

Hopefully he'll settle down in time.

According to  THIS REPORT Barrowman had a good game, even though his finishing let him down

Yes Alex, the official club report. they're not likely to admit he was disappointing today are they?

I have to say that the most impressive over the course of the Clach game was Evans. He showed great awareness and made some great passes which tore open the defense, and really showed great potential which in my opinion we would be stupid not to hold onto. He is young with great talent which we could really benefit from. Barrowman didn't really sparkle as much as I hoped he would, but then again it was his first game in an ICT shirt. I'll give him he benefit of the doubt for this one and only hope he really finds his touch which made him a proven scorer at C***ty. Over all the team out there did well. The 'younger' players eg. Duff, Kerr, and the subs... did a really good job. I think that most fans should know that though Duff and Kerr are young, their more than enough to cover anything that may come in the future and more so, giving others a run for their starting place. I really thought Imrie did really well today and others like Cowie, Wilson, Proctor, Black, you'll be pleased to hear have not lost their touch and look more confident than ever. Only criticism is the lack of hunger in front of goal. 4-0 may seem like a good score line, but the chances begging to make it a walk over went missing.

Recheck the link

Erm, okay huh.gif

Here's a mad idea - do you not think that, in the 90 minutes between my post and yours or even sooner, they corrected their mistake once it was pointed out?

right eenuff

Summed up the first half but the second half was an anti-climax  Not sure what Alex Ferguson saw in Evans but I will bow to his superior knowledge.  I thought we might have seen the last of him, although he was keen to impress but for me he never saw enough of the ball in the first half.  His dipping thirty yarder off the outside of his boot was a spectacular effort, but not enough to make his day outstanding.  Jimmy Jabby was solid, quite an imposing figure.  Yes his shot was ballooned high over the stand, but hey, he has something in common with Hastings after all.  He also provided the highlight of the second half with a bit of wing wizardy.  Good acquisition if you ask me.  Stroll in the park first half and deservedly four up, could even have been seven up.  Mr Barrowman obviously found the Merkinch rearguard much tougher than the second division brand.  He did win plenty balls in the air so we still have that option, but I suppose he should really have buried a couple of the gilt edged chances that came his way.

Imrie looked sharp and all the afore mentioned had decent games, Proctors finish reminiscent of his equaliser against Celtic.  Cowie took a free kick smartly, catching out the keeper low to his near post, and Imries goal was a well worked move and cool finish with Black turning in a rebound.  I thought Black was the class act on display.  Mention for Bazza as well, he looked pretty hungry and is always a class apart.

Tougher game looming for Tuesday evening and we will no doubt bring yesterdays squads together to form a single unit.

?10 adults, ?5 concessions on Tuesday. Looking forward to it  :021:

To be honest, there are quite a few home grown youngsters at Man Utd who will never make the Utd first team. I was at the Dons v. Man Utd game yesterday and a lot of the players e.g. Lee Martin, Chris Eagles, Danny Simpson will clearly never be a first team regular or even a first team squad player. Instead, Man Utd will sell them on for ?1million or 2, to lesser teams, which will make a bit of a profit on their investment.

I'd like to see Evans get another chance, moreso because i'd like to see how he plays myself!

Any word on if Marius is back pre-season training and will be included in the next 2 games? I've been away in Riga for a week, only getting back yesterday, so haven't seen any reports/newspaper articles....

Any word on if Marius is back pre-season training and will be included in the next 2 games? I've been away in Riga for a week, only getting back yesterday, so haven't seen any reports/newspaper articles....

see HERE

Guest neksor

Imrie and Cowie closely followed by Bannerman looked hungry. Even Evans looked keen but did not quite sparkle. It is true that Bannerman missed a barrow-load but at least he was getting into good positions. Proctor also worked very hard at right-back and deserves to hold onto that position.

neksor

Great afternoon out, just like the old days - accordion music at half time on a rcikety PA. "Wetsering home (to the Ferry)", I am pretty sure contains the line something like "the Caley can go and **** themselves", which te PA man turned up just in time. I am seriously thinking of buying this one, if I cant fileshare it, in the Ferry way, natch.

The footie was a walk in the park, with our defence being untested. The midfield we know, as being pretty close to first choice. All looked good, special mention for me to Proctor, who grows in stature, he is going to have a few people eating their harsh words this season.

Lionel needs to speed up a great deal, but impressed going forward with the ball at his feet, better 2nd than first half. His shot actually ended up further away from the goal than when he kicked it. Truly spectacular.

Barrowman found the right positions, but coudn't finish. We'll put that down to nerves. Evans looked worth having, if the price is right, seemed to be a great competitor.

Looking forward to our feeder team on Tuesday. Just like a swap shop really.

Imrie and Cowie closely followed by Bannerman looked hungry. Even Evans looked keen but did not quite sparkle. It is true that Bannerman missed a barrow-load but at least he was getting into good positions. Proctor also worked very hard at right-back and deserves to hold onto that position.

neksor

Fuxake, I know we were playing two games 90 miles apart on the same day, but I thought our squad was stronger than that!

neksor

Fuxake, I know we were playing two games 90 miles apart on the same day, but I thought our squad was stronger than that!

Perhaps Charlie has the experience we are looking for up front?