FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New International Forward

johnnykipper

Wagaluka poised to join Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Scottish club Inverness Caledonian Thistle are interested in the services of Cranes and Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) winger Dan Wagaluka.

URA officials exclusively revealed to Daily Monitor yesterday that the diminutive but pacy winger Wagaluka is only waiting for an invitation letter from Scottish outfit.

?Since our return from the Cecafa Club Championship in Tanzania, we have been in touch with Caledonian manager Craig Brewster. He wrote to me via mail and said he will be sending an invitation letter that will contain Wagaluka?s date of departure,? a URA official who preferred anonymity said.

He clarified that he prefers to be anonymous because he does not want to be in the limelight until the deal is sealed. ?As far as I know the letter is likely to come before the end of this week and the player might depart next week because we at URA have agreed to let the player go for greener pastures,? he said.

Wagaluka survives deporting

Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) FC winger Dan Wagaluka has survived deportation for escaping from the team camp. The Cranes star sneaked out of the team?s residential venue at Gwami Hotel, Morogoro and spent a night on the prowl without the team?s official permission.

Guest birdog

I'm sure I've had spam e-mails from URA asking for bank details etc.

Yeah they wanted to drop in 450K Euros in order to secure Marius' signature but unfortunately Dynamo pulled the same trick on the receptionist at TCS before you replied.

I seriously doubt that tis guy is in the same boat as Niculae for wages.

If he's worth it i say go for him. I don't think work permit will be an issue. I hear he is a regular player.

Guest birdog

It looks like we are taking this guy here for a trial. His countryman has just been granted a work permit so hopefully, all going well Wagaluka, should he pass the trial, wouldn't have the problems Marius did.

Source

Cranes winger Dan Wagaluka is earmarked for trials at Scottish Premier League side Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC (ICTFC).

The club has written to FUFA inviting the URA FC player for trials. If Wagaluka passes the trial, he will be the second Ugandan to play in the Scottish Premier League following his Cranes teammate Obua at Hearts.

It looks like we are taking this guy here for a trial. His countryman has just been granted a work permit so hopefully, all going well Wagaluka, should he pass the trial, wouldn't have the problems Marius did.

Source

Out of interest Birdog, just wondering where you found that?

Oops, just seen your link, not used to links not being highlighted in blue yet.

Edited by chris123

Guest birdog

Out of interest Birdog, just wondering where you found that?

Oops, just seen your link, not used to links not being highlighted in blue yet.

Hehe that's why I tend to write Source now instead of linking in the main post body.