FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Signings needed

FortressICT

It's the 25th August 2008 and the transfer window slams shut at midnight on Sunday 31st August.

Brewster has admitted - "With the couple of injuries we have, we are down to the bare bones, so we really have to look at taking in one or two others."

We really are down to the bare bones, even another injury or two would see us very much slim in midfield.

When the transfer window opened this summer, I said we needed to make at least 7 new signings, this was before Wyness, Bayne and Niculae left.

I personally thought we needed:

1 GK

2 CB's

1 LB

1 LM/LW

1 RM/RW

2 ST's

We have signed:

1GK - Ryan Esson, no problem with that signing at all

1 LB/LM - Zabi Zadi, possibly the worst signing ever, he didn't make the grade at County, what makes Brewster think he can do it here!?!

2 ST's - Barrowman, very good debut, but has been very poor in the last two home games. But still early days but doesn't look worth all the hassle Brewster made over him when he should really have been looking at other targets.

Rooney looks like a real find and seems to have fantastic potential.

No CBs, half decent LB, LM, and RM.

Wagaluka who is on trail looks really good, but Brewster saying he might not be strong enough for the SPL. What a joke.

So with 6 and a half days left of the transfer window being open, I would hope that we could make at least another 3 signings, mainly two CBs.

But it's Brewster we are talking about here, the manager that really doesn't have a clue. He's been saying we have been looking at players all summer, fair enough but if your looking at players all summer your surely going to find at least one decent CB!

If the squad isn't strengthed before the window shuts and if we aren't winning games, then by mid Sept I would like to think the board would be making Brewster know that he has to highly improve.

Relegation is a massive possibly if we don't make anymore signings.

Bit harsh on Zadi, I recall that County offered him a contract extension and he declined. And by your own admission there's nothing wrong with the other players Brewster has brought in so far, so to say he doesn't have a clue is a bit unfair. And who knows, his faith in Duff may be a masterstroke, time will tell.

Your last 2 sentences may well be spot on.....but as you said in your first sentence there's still a week to go. Rabbits, hats etc

Guest birdog

Just for info purposes the window has been extended till midnight on the 1st.

Good move since the SPL would probably haave closed their registrations department on Friday as has happened previously, I believe.

If he signs a commanding centre half - such as Dods - then I think he will have done pretty well since the end of last season. We may have had the "Marius Money" and we may yet have to give some of it back to Marius, but the simple fact is that the way his deal was financed doesnt leave space in the wage budget for the 8 new players that have been touted at the top of this thread !!!!

CB seems to have gone for mainly youth over experience with internal club prospects such as Duff, Vigurs, Gillespie, Sutherland & Wood being promoted to the first team squad alongside Rory. All of these seem to be exciting players if they perform to the potential we have heard about. We have also picked up what may be a great bargain in Rooney and given Barrowman's start, he will come good if given the service (ie. to feet).

Zadi seems to be signed for cover and that is fine in my book, Proctor is also for cover although he may eventually replace Rossco, and with the possibility of Wagaluka still being signed and the rumours of a potential move for Dods, I would be happy if thats how we finished up the window unless someone tremendous came along and we could afford them.

We still don't have a single experienced forward but, having said that, it's difficult to see who would be available within our budget.

We do have two or three young forwards with obvious potential so there may be merit bolstering the defence with Dods or someone similar and seeing how the youngsters up front perform at least until the January window.

I'm more than happy with our squad depth, as I feel our young players have more than enough ability to make the step up; as demonstrated in recent times by Vigurs, Duff, Fraser and hinted at with the brief displays of Sutherland, Wood, Kerr and McAllister.

I'd like to see a good wee winger with a good cross on him and a turn of pace.

A quick striker would be nice.

And a big strong bully of a centre half.

2 signings and i think we'd be fine.

I'd settle for a centre back and see how its looking in January. Its time the kids in the squad took the step up and show what they can do.

Im baffled how we never go for loans (apart from Rooney which turned permanent) Falkirk seem to pull of masterstrokes all the darn time. Tim Krul, Schmeichel, Stokes, guy from Sunderland in midfield,

Surely we can get someone from the championship or Premiership needing experience and having a touch of class about them.