Talk of new stadium

Alex MacLeod

Something that NOBODY has mentioned thus far, and in my opinion, its a factor in keeping people away. And that factor is the sheer cold temperatures experienced at the current location. I am postive, there are many senior citizens , like my old man, who simply cant take the cold and have to stay away. My dad was a season Ticket holder for about 11 seasons till he couldnt take it any more. He was telling me in his last season ticket he bought, he made 4 games. It was even "cold" there in a pre season friendly in July FFS!

I also am of the belief that a move to a more centrally located ground would swell attendances. The club has no sense of community backing it.

If you are going to watch ICT at the Tulloch Stadium, consider not only how cold it is outside but how warm it will be at your destination.

Step1Begin with your bottom layers. You should wear an undershirt, underwear and socks. If it is going to be extremely cold, consider wearing long underwear. Your socks should be thick enough to protect your feet from cold weather.

Step2Add a cotton or knit shirt over your undershirt. The shirts shouldn't be baggy, but it also shouldn't be skin tight. You want to create a thin layer of air between each layer of clothing for insulation. That warm air that is trapped between each layer will keep your warm.

Step3Put on a pair of long pants. Denim and corduroy are good materials for cold weather and are versatile enough to wear in cooler temperatures if the weather changes. If you expect rain, consider a pair of rain pants.

Step4Wear a sweater on top of your shirt. The sweater should be slightly more baggy than the shirt. It should not be extremely thin, but also not so thick that you can't fit your jacket on over it.

Step5Wear sheepskin or other winter boots if you are going to be outdoors for great lengths of time. If you are hiking or walking through snow or ice, select boots that are made of waterproof materials like Gore-Tex. Do not wear shoes without traction. In the winter, it is easy to fall on ice and get injured.

Step6Finish up with your final layer, consisting of an overcoat and protection for your head and hands. An overcoat is vital in cold weather, choose a slick wind breaker or raincoat depending on the forecast.

Step7Protect your head with ear muffs, scarves and hats. The body loses the most heat from the head and the feet; therefore, it's very important to keep these areas covered and warm. Add a pair of gloves to protect your hands.

Hope the above helps and makes watching ICT a more pleasant experience for those who are vulnerable to the cold weather.

or just get yourself a season ticket in the back row of the north stand.no wind or rain and a crackin view :rotflmao:

Edited by caleyonup

Aww whit?? I've never been in a stadium that could be described as "warm" in the winter. They're ALL baltic but granted, the prevailing wind in your face in ours doesn't help.

Bught would be a good shout, lots more pubs within a shorter walking distance would mean more singing. I'm not condoning folk turning up moroculous but 2 or 3 beers to oil the wheels would help the atmosphere.

I do agree that the new link road from Holm mains would need to be built, thus keeping a lot of the away traffic out the city centre.

ps. Good shout with the keeping warm tips johnnykipper. Too many old folk still think one big woollen jumper is how you keep warm, but that's bull.

Edited by TheresNoEsInBlack

JohnnyK, to reduce the time puting on all the clobber can I suggest investing in a set of Thermal Skins as used by skiers, motorcyclists, deep sea divers, footballers etc. These are designed to retain heat from the body and are brilliant. I am one of those who suffer from the cold and I can vouch for the effectiveness.

At the end of the day we wont see any move from Longman for a few years, if at all, so is there much point in debate at this time.