FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Strange Season so far....

Tichy_Blacks_Back

What a strange season so far....both sides of the border....but definitely an interesting one....

In the English Premier League after 12 games only 7 (35%) of the teams have a positive goal difference and only six points separates 8th from bottom.

In the SPL this season after 12 games only 3 teams (25%) have a positive goal difference and only six points separate 5th from bottom.

At the end of the season it is expected that Celtic and Rangers will be vying for top spot and I think United will probably get stronger and solidify third place but as for the rest it is anybody's guess. A good run put together now could make a team's season - three or four wins on the trot and then the foundations for a top six place will have been laid.

The result at Easter Road on Saturday was a good one especially after the mauling at Ibrox the previous week and the disappointing LC quarter-final result at Falkirk. There are now two home games within 4 days and six points will both give the club a lift as it would mean three wins on the bounce but more importantly it would probably lift the club up to sixth or seventh in the table.

Six points from the next two games are crucial and CB and the coaching staff should be demanding nothing less from the team to ensure that is what we get....

PS - interesting that the Hibs fans are calling for Paataleinan to go after Saturday's result - and more so that we are not hearing the same talk from Rugby Park where they lost 4 second half goals on Saturday....

I know the season wont be played out by the next 5 games but I found it interesting reading to see Hamilton's fixture list for the next few games:

Hearts (a)

Celtic (h)

Dundee United (a)

Killie (h)

Rangers (a)

Hibs (a)

Motherwell (h)

it will be a coupon buster for Hamilton to get any points out of those fixtures, Killie at home is the only game that the bookies will give decent odds..... and to finish up the Motherwell game is a derby match

If we can pull away then Hamilton could be a drift by Christmas

Positive thinking maybe??

There are now two home games within 4 days

Oops! I was getting ready to go to Falkirk tomorrow :rotflmao:

You Divvy! :018:

Well, I could have come in on Thursday and said how crap the support was, and that the team were invisible on the pitch.... :thumb04:

I know the season wont be played out by the next 5 games but I found it interesting reading to see Hamilton's fixture list for the next few games:

Hearts (a)

Celtic (h)

Dundee United (a)

Killie (h)

Rangers (a)

Hibs (a)

Motherwell (h)

it will be a coupon buster for Hamilton to get any points out of those fixtures, Killie at home is the only game that the bookies will give decent odds..... and to finish up the Motherwell game is a derby match

err...so who did you think they'd be playing? Barcelona?

Hearts (a)

Celtic (h)

Dundee United (a)

Killie (h)

Rangers (a)

Hibs (a)

Motherwell (h)

err...so who did you think they'd be playing? Barcelona?

He was just making the point that it will be hard for Hamilton to get anything out of those games.

Hearts (a)

Celtic (h)

Dundee United (a)

Killie (h)

Rangers (a)

Hibs (a)

Motherwell (h)

You're right Harry, that's a shocker of a couple of months fixtures that they've got.

I'm convinced there going back where they came from :rotflmao:

Unfortunately that's two crucial points dropped. Those are the games that we must be winning if we are to have any serious chance of making a top six position for the first time....and I just can't see it being this season.

I think 11th is more likely than 6th but having said that I do believe come the end of the season we will be probably be in 9th or 10th position.

Nothing for it but to look forward to another day out at Hampden in May now.... :rotflmao:

These are the next eight games up to the New Year match - I think 10 points out of that lot would be an achievement on current form (hopefully I am wrong and we amass a few more than that):

Hearts (H)

Kilmarnock (A)

Celtic (A)

Dundee Utd (H)

St.Mirren (A)

Aberdeen (H)

Motherwell (A)

Rangers (H)

Six points from the next two games are crucial and CB and the coaching staff should be demanding nothing less from the team to ensure that is what we get....

Falkirk (H) 1-1

Hearts (H) 0-1

Kilmarnock (A)

Celtic (A)

Dundee Utd (H)

St.Mirren (A)

Aberdeen (H)

Motherwell (A)

Rangers (H)

One point from the two home games is a big big disappointment - I think I might have to seriously re-think my prediction that we would get 10 points (11 points if you include the point gained from Falkirk) out of those fixtures up to the new year....it could be a long season with the next point(s) potentialy not coming until the trip to Paisley....hopefully wrong but.... :rotflmao:

We didn't always expect points from games, but it wasn't all that long ago that we used to go into every game with the belief that we could get something from it....the fact that we no longer have that belief when playing even those teams around us in the league shows just how far things have fallen.

• 1 month later...

Falkirk (H) 1-1

Hearts (H) 0-1

Kilmarnock (A)

Celtic (A)

Dundee Utd (H)

St.Mirren (A)

Aberdeen (H)

Motherwell (A)

Rangers (H)

One point from the two home games is a big big disappointment - I think I might have to seriously re-think my prediction that we would get 10 points (11 points if you include the point gained from Falkirk) out of those fixtures up to the new year....it could be a long season with the next point(s) potentialy not coming until the trip to Paisley....hopefully wrong but.... :rotflmao:

Falkirk 1-1 (1 pt)

Hearts 0-1 (0 pt)

Kilmarnock 1-2 (3 pt)

Celtic 1-0 (0 pt)

Dundee Utd 1-3 (0 pt)

St.Mirren 2-0 (0 pt)

Aberdeen 0-3 (0 pt)

Motherwell 3-2 (0 pt)

Rangers 0-3 (0 pt)

Seems I was extremely over optimistic with my 11 point prediction - 4 points were all that was achieved. With Motherwell's win over Hearts last night it looks like it will be down to one of three - ICT, Falkirk and Hamilton - to take the drop. The signings made over the January period by all 3 clubs will be crucial....