FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster is the man for the job

FootyFanatic

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do appreciate that he has found talent like Vigurs, Wood, Duff and blooded them into the 1st team. He was also the one to give Ian Black his chance of a regular game if i remember correctly.

Was it not Charlie who brought in those three?

He may have. Its hard to know when they were signed and who was in charge at the time. Either way Brew has given them the chance. It doesnt make him a good manager though. It just means he has a keen eye for talent. I've never doubted that.

I'd be delighted to see Robbo back in our dugout! Better than the neep we have at the moment anyway... :rotflmao:

It matters not a whit about passion or anything whether the manager waves his arms about or not. Pele had Caldwell do it for him.

BUT

Mark this and mark this well.

Much as Robbo would love to be here, he will never return whilst Sutherland is in the frame. This from a good source.

The End.

Guest bingobingo

Never heard Robbo talk about us in anything but positive terms he still lives hare his wife has business in city and by all accounts he is settled here must be of some use to us surely is it naive not to be using him or would he be deemed a threat to current mnagement set up ? sems silly not to have him involved somewhere

Does this mean Robbo would not work for Sutherland or Sutherland does not want Robbo? surely a board decision?

A board decision indeed.

Our posters may be wrong, but even to the most untrained of eyes it is evident that there is/was an issue between Messrs Sutherland and Savage in terms of how they wanted the club to be run. This is a crying shame as I believe both have/had the best interests of the club at heart, they just came at it in different ways. Sutherland is the steadying influence that makes sure we dont get in over our heads financially, and Savage had ideas that might take us to the next level but those ideas may have involved financial risk. It is a shame that they couldnt have met somewhere in the middle and given us what all ICT fans want .... a team that is developing and progressing whilst remaining financially solvent.

As Mr Sutherland still holds the greatest influence in terms of shareholding and board representations, he came out on top in that skirmish, and as Robbo is an employee of Orion, then it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out how Robbo might be viewed as an "enemy" in the camp by some. I have no idea about Robbo's opinion as - to his credit - I don't think he has ever been drawn into that argument publicly.

In a perfect world, we wouldnt need to have this discussion as Brewster would be doing everything we expect, but should the board decide that a change is required, then I would hope that the powers that be would be able to put aside personal issues and make a decision based on business and footballing reasons. Unfortunately, its not a perfect world and politics would quite likely come into play.

If I were Robbo, I would bide my time and let things develop. It is clear that he is viewed favourably by a large number of supporters. It is also clear from his weekly appearances on "open all mics" that he is very passionate about ICT. Heck, he was even described as the loudest man in the stadium last week when playing Hearts, and his bias was towards us not the team where he was a legend !!!!

I am not normally a fan of looking back but Robbo is one man who I feel might be worth a second chance. I didnt have the same animosity towards him as I did to Paterson or Brewster when they left, but that might be down to the fact that he didnt make a "loyalty" statement immediately before leaving. Also, I think most would admit that he seemed to be making a decent job of it at Hearts before being dumped which is in contrast to our current manager's stint at DUFC before he got dumped.

On a personal note, I view Robbo as someone with a "bubbly" public persona that makes you smile in the same way that Ally Mccoist does ... a "cheeky chappy" if you will. I think he would bring plenty back to the club in addition to management skills such as PR, contacts, and very importantly, the concept of "team" !!! If played correctly, his PR could actually put more bums on seats, and maybe we would once again start punching above our weight instead of below it because I think he would have the players smiling again and the team working for and respecting the manager.

I do think that Brewsters stay at "Tulloch" Stadium is time-expired.

His excuse of "we wuz robbed" every week is wearing very, very thin!

Would Robbo be a good replacement? Would he be first choice or would he be last choice?

I do not think that us, the small shareholders, season ticketholders and supporters would have much say or be given an opportunity to influence the choice of a replacement.

neksor

BUT

Mark this and mark this well.

Much as Robbo would love to be here, he will never return whilst Sutherland is in the frame. This from a good source.

The End.

Yup, i've heard this as well. No chance of Robbo and Grassa working together again either.

Let's move on. If we had a vacancy for the managers job then we would be inundated with applications from experienced managers, as was the case at Dundee a fortnight ago.

Guest bingobingo

Why would Robbo and Grassa not work together last time i saw them they were in Heath chatting away well enough (couple of months ago)

My worry would be that would new manager want

funds (we dont have much)

new staff ( can we afford pay off)

would he know strength / weaknesses of current squad by time he works that out might be to late

at least Robbo would know that right away and knows what we want in terms of attacking football as was posted earlier he was good communicator with fans has good media contacts good football cotacts and has been able to attract players up north even got (lfc reserves) up

on flip side new manager might spark winning run off with everyone starting with clean slate

i cant see brew going to be honest and if we we overlooked our most successful manager last time i cant see us going for him again pity as i reckon it could work

Was Sutherland not the man who bought robbo to the club for his first stint in charge?

if he was, then why would there be an issue with him returning.

If Mr Sutherland has the best interests of the club at heart, then he should be reading this forum and listening to the fans opinion, of which i would say 90% would agree brewster should leave and with robbo returning.

Fans DO have a voice. We are meant to be the 12th man when the players are on the park after all.

Was Sutherland not the man who bought robbo to the club for his first stint in charge?

if he was, then why would there be an issue with him returning.

If Mr Sutherland has the best interests of the club at heart, then he should be reading this forum and listening to the fans opinion, of which i would say 90% would agree brewster should leave and with robbo returning.

Fans DO have a voice. We are meant to be the 12th man when the players are on the park after all.

Well that's exactly the problem. Does he have the clubs best interests at heart? There's no doubting what he's done for the club in the past, but how much of that benefitted him and his business?...

Let's not forget he appointed Brewster against the fans will. Yes the polls asked either Brewster or Warnock, but if it was any other name, I still don't believe Brewster would have been the popular vote.

Sutherland has surrounded himself with yes-men at the club and it's about time something changed...

Whatever did or didnt happen the last time or whoever Robbo does or doesnt get on with the fact of the matter is he was ovelooked the last time and the board thought Brew was the best man for the job even with his terrible record at Dundee United.

So even if Brew left or was sacked, Robbo, who I dont think even got an interview last time, is unlikely to be considered this time round. I think when Brew does go the club will look to a new name rather than take Robbo back.

Edited by stevico1

You might well be right which would be unfortunate. I think that there may well be better candidates than Robbo but there are certainly worse.

He's available, still has local connections and clearly would have an appetite for the job.

Kingsmills yes I agree Robbo would be a good choice but you have to ask why wasnt he considered the last time when we were not exactly flooded with applicants.

Warnock aside :rotflmao:

I do not believe that Brewster is the man for the job, or any management job for that matter as I really don't think the guy has a clue what he is doing.

His formation on Wednesday against Falkirk was awful - 1 up front with Imrie on the right and Cowie on the left !?!?!

I would also like to see Duff play instead of Proctor and how did Hastings keep his place for Saturday after Wednesdays performance ??

Remember this is the guy that played McBain on the right of midfield against Rangers so Patty could play on the left !?!

I really do despair at some of his decisions/tactics, he maybe a gentleman as the 1st poster suggests but he is not a good manager

Just ask the the DU fans what they think of his management skills.

In short - Brew hasn't a clue !!!!!!

TBH I can't see me back too often until Brewster goes

Edited by stomach

I appreciate what Robbo did during his time at ICT but i really think we could use someone new, someone who has never been associated with us before that has fresh ideas. Should have done it a year ago and we should do it now. I think had Brew never left things would have been alot different and if not better but the fact is he returned with a divide of people wanting him back and those who didn't. I have too say i really didn't want him back but in fairness when he did return results improved and so did we. But a year ago he had a better and bigger squad to choose from which to be perfectly honest he has let go to the dogs, he let too many good players leave throughout the course of last year that he has never properly replaced.

A year on i see our squad as nothing more than inexpreienced, badly complacent and only producing glimpses of what it's really capable of. Alot of that is purely down to Brews choices (partly due to lack of funding) but mainly decision making of the team. His constant formation tinkering has done nothing more than cost us valuable points at times. And his lucky dip idea for players positions certainly hasn't got the best out of them.

As long as Brewster is in charge he has my full respect and i only hope he can eventually turn things around but in all honesty i really don't think he will.