FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster is the man for the job

FootyFanatic

BREWSTER IS THE MAN FOR THE JOB

FIRSTLY - Craig Brewster had a long and successful playing career. The players' will undoubtebly have the upmost respect for him for this reason alone.

SECONDLY - Craig Brewster's ability was highlighted on numerous occassions when he played for Caley and he put a player of Marius Nicolae's calibre to shame, putting in a much more commanding and productive display.

THIRDLY - Craig Brewster is an intelligent and articulate man. With this in mind he will be able to pass on all his experience and knowledge.

With these key ingredients he has all the credentials and is the right man for the job.

The players respect Brewster, its time for the few so-called fans to start respecting him too.

Let's be realistic SPL football is the ICT dream and Brewster is the man to keep that dream alive.

I urge the ICT family to get behind the players and the management,you are the proverbial twelve man so lets all stick together and silence the very few that don't have your club's best interest at heart.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIRSTLY - Craig Brewster had a long and successful playing career. The players' will undoubtebly have the upmost respect for him for this reason alone.

SECONDLY - Craig Brewster's ability was highlighted on numerous occassions when he played for Caley and he put a player of Marius Nicolae's calibre to shame, putting in a much more commanding and productive display.

THIRDLY - Craig Brewster is an intelligent and articulate man. With this in mind he will be able to pass on all his experience and knowledge.

With these key ingredients he has all the credentials and is the right man for the job.

The players respect Brewster, its time for the few so-called fans to start respecting him too.

Let's be realistic SPL football is the ICT dream and Brewster is the man to keep that dream alive.

I urge the ICT family to get behind the players and the management,you are the proverbial twelve man so lets all stick together and silence the very few that don't have your club's best interest at heart.

Care to back up your statements with the facts or are you quite content to leave your ill-informed opinions at that?... :rotflmao:

FIRSTLY - Craig Brewster had a long and successful playing career. The players' will undoubtebly have the upmost respect for him for this reason alone. SO DID BERTI VOGTS

THIRDLY - Craig Brewster is an intelligent and articulate man. With this in mind he will be able to pass on all his experience and knowledge. Articulate??...Eh....Ehhhhhhhh......eh.....aye

With these key ingredients he has all the credentials and is the right man for the job. No he aint

The players respect Brewster, its time for the few so-called fans to start respecting him too. Oh really? Read the Respect thread!

Let's be realistic SPL football is the ICT dream and Brewster is the man to keep that dream alive. He is doing a grand job of putting our place in jepordy

I urge the ICT family to get behind the players and the management,you are the proverbial twelve man so lets all stick together and silence the very few that don't have your club's best interest at heart. Bah Humbug!

Edited by SMEE

Hi Craig! *waves to Craig*

lets face it, Craigs post does not mention his abilities as a manager... why?

Fully agree. No one doubted his ability as a player so a lot of the post cannot be argued.. But being a good player does not automatically translate into becoming a good manager.

Oh, these topics are excruciatingly boring now.

i respect the fact that you would like to continue to be subjected to brews baffling style of management and the often dire on pitch performances but most of us have given the guy enought time and opportunities to prove himself and im afraid we've had enough.

Very true and he started out his managerial career (first time round) with a fair amount of respect because of this. In fact, the vast majority of posters on here, even those who are fervently anti-Brew have been at pains to point out that they still have a huge respect for "Brewster the player".

Brew: Played 36, scored 12 .... Niculae: Played 38, scored 10 ... fairly close, but I think most would give you that one ... just. But again, I must point out that no-one ever doubted the credentials of "Brew the Player"

I dont find him particularly articulate in clips I have listened to, he may be different in person, I do not know. As for his vast experience and knowledge being passed on, just look at the stats ... they do not stack up to that statement.

You are entitled to your opinion. In my case, I am still in the undecided camp and will probably change my mind half a dozen more times before I decide which camp I will stay in.

I believe this is not the case. some may, but there are signs that greater and greater numbers of the squad do not as each week passes.

Not sure dream is the right word, but SPL survival is a must, especially in the next couple of seasons where the money is going to increase ... if we are relegated it will cost the club MILLIONS in the end.

With all due respect, I think those who question Brew's ability to keep us in the SPL are the ones who DO have the club's interests at heart. If we go down, that would cost the club MILLIONS and we would be lucky to ever get back up to the SPL.

Brew can fix this problem quite easily .... either by resigning if he feels the job is too big for him, or by stringing together a few results and getting some consistency going in terms of results, performance and also team selection.

I dont particulary want to see Brew out, but I want whoever is in the hotseat to get the best out of the players. He is yet to do that on a consistent basis ... we get the odd flash here and there, but nothing sustained.

I totally agree with the three points in the post. Those three facts are true. What I disagree with is that those three credentials alone make Craig the right man for the job. Tactical adeptness and people management skills are far more important than footballing skill or articulation.

There are plenty examples in the world of football managers, very successful in the job, who were no more than average players in their day.

There are currently 12 Managers in the SPL all getting some form of dogs abuse. We know one team will get relegated this year. Somebody will cop it. Injuries or other circumstances will pershap conspire to take a team down. Once again we expect ICT to punch above its weight with players being rewarded less well we believe than most other SPL teams. Partly this is our fault for not supporting the club - money does not grow on trees and if more loyalty were shown to support the club beyond a few wealthy chairmen and loyal sponsers we might be slightly better off. Hibs are such a club but currently sit just above us.

So is Brew the deciding factor? Regardless of his ability as a player, this is man management. Do we blame him for the slow start against Falkirk? Do we blame him for the defence failing to close down Higdon the other night? Do we blame him for blooding youth this season?

There are clear aspects of his personality that will demotivate players. However, as a manager he is learning and I think there are positives in this area. On Wednesday he went for it at half time. ICT are generally far better attacking teams because backing off leads to regular disasters. I am not a great fan of Brew but there is good and bad in all managers and currently there are just about enough good bitds to show he is cutting his teeth.

I recall the abuse Calderwood was getting at Dunfermline in the year we webnt there in the CIS Cup and beat them on penalties. Levein was unpopular at Leicester. Strachan has his critics at Celtic despite phenomenal success. Jim Jefferies has had periods of deep unpopularity in the business. Recently we heard Paatelainen was on his way out of Hibs. Yogi was allegedly close to the chop at Falkirk. Reid is fine because he is new. Rangers season is now over. McGee is currently safe. Laszlo will drop his guard at some stage and be stabbed in the back without ceremony. As for Gus, three more straight defeats and he will not be the man to take the Buddies into the new stadium.

So has anyone other than IHE extracted an SPL Manager's brain to discover what genes they have to absorb such persistent abuse? What is their cracking point? Is it just a nervy Director of Football who puts them out of their misery?

Think on the bright side, we could have taken Malpas.

:rotflmao:

This is quite amusing. If the players had such respect for Brewster they wouldn't have been swearing and shouting back at him all the time on Wednesday. Also you have provided little evidence to suggest Brewster should still be the man in charge. His current results gained as a manager this year certainly don't suggest he is the right man for the job.

The way he has handled such players as Dennis Wyness and John Rankin certainly don't suggest he is the right man for the job. Plus the way he and Ian Black fall in and out with one another like a pair of young bairns certainly suggests he is poor at handling certain personailtys. All this and yet you say he is the right man for the job....but this is just my opinion.

Brewster is the man for the job, and unless he has to leave by sacking or mutal consent then I and most of the ict support will be behind him (no, not in that way). He is still a rookie manager, but so far he has impressed me.

I can understand football is a results game, but Brew can further this club. He has blooded young players and put together a good team.

Who do people want to replace him? Barry Wilson. Not a jot of managerial experience. I'm sure that he will one day become our manager, but now isn't the time for him to step up.

Brewster is the man for the job, and unless he has to leave by sacking or mutal consent then I and most of the ict support will be behind him (no, not in that way). He is still a rookie manager, but so far he has impressed me.

I can understand football is a results game, but Brew can further this club. He has blooded young players and put together a good team.

Who do people want to replace him? Barry Wilson. Not a jot of managerial experience. I'm sure that he will one day become our manager, but now isn't the time for him to step up.

Its bull like this that will get this club relegated. :rotflmao:

celtic1caley3 - you've highlighted the un-merited abuse managers get- well done.

Brewster demonstrated his ability to manage ICT in his previous spell, and kept them where they strive to be when he arrived and steadied the ship last season.

In his previous spell he showed he can discover new players by signing Vigurs and Wood from Elgin. He also brought Conway to D.utd and he is one of their best performers. On his return he secured the services of Duff, Vigurs and Wood which can only be good for the long term as they are all good players.

Currently we are only 3 points off the top six.

RIG your right lets put this topic to bed and get behind the management and players'.

:rotflmao:

This is quite amusing. If the players had such respect for Brewster they wouldn't have been swearing and shouting back at him all the time on Wednesday. Also you have provided little evidence to suggest Brewster should still be the man in charge. His current results gained as a manager this year certainly don't suggest he is the right man for the job.

The way he has handled such players as Dennis Wyness and John Rankin certainly don't suggest he is the right man for the job. Plus the way he and Ian Black fall in and out with one another like a pair of young bairns certainly suggests he is poor at handling certain personailtys. All this and yet you say he is the right man for the job....but this is just my opinion.

Sorry but its common knowledge that Brewster handled Wyness situation in the proper way. Negotiations done. Contract on the table ready to sign. Not signing till I get more money. Not got more money to give. Contract withdrawn. Blame the agent not the manager.

Rankin gets too big for his boots. Asks to leave. Is allowed to leave. End of.

Ian Black has a disagreement with his boss now and again. Doesn't mean a jot. Most people have disagreements with their boss.

Whether we like it or not Brewster is the manager and should be supported while he's doing the job. Yes I may call for his head in a moment of sheer frustration after a bad defeat but I can also accept that these things are part and parcel of the game. I always said lets see where we are mid season before judging him and so far I see us competing at the same level as seven or eight other teams around us.

Our fans want Brew out. Hibs fans want Mixu out. Dons Jimmy. Bairns Yogi and so it goes on. Why? Because too many have the Rangers / Celtic mentallity. If we dont win every game we're sh!te and if we go four points adrift our season is over. Get a grip people, its a game of two teams, both of whom want to win.

:thumb04: is Brewster the man for the job :018:

How can Brewster be Mann4thejob? Dons the Mann4thejob

Your understanding of the Wyness situation is slightly different to mine Alex....although it is the same up to and including the bit about the agent increasing the money at the last moment. However, at this point I believe the club just pulled the plug on any offer, despite Wyness wanting to get it sorted out so he could stay.

As to the rest of the stuff and the situation at other teams....I'm an ICT fan, I really don't give a hoot what goes on at other clubs, all I want to see is ICT performing to their potential and I don't think anyone can see we've being doing that with any sort of consistency this season.