FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Robbo in charge to face Motherwell?

Johnboy

One good bit of news for Brewster is that Aberdeen will re-employ him. Not sure what use he will be advising Aberdeen on 4 home victories in 12 months but as Saint said 'It's a funny old game Greavsey'

Sunday Mail

'JIMMY CALDERWOOD last night urged Inverness to keep faith with gaffer Craig Brewster - despite cranking up the pressure on his old pal with a thumping win.

Brewster's strugglers slumped to joint bottom spot after strikes from Charlie Mulgrew, Gary McDonald and Darren Mackie inflicted more home misery.

And while Aberdeen's clinical demolition job delighted Calderwood he was quick to offer Brewster his backing.

Jimmy is convinced his former player will lead Caley out of trouble and warned the board not to bullet their boss in a panic.'

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One good bit of news for Brewster is that Aberdeen will re-employ him. Not sure what use he will be advising Aberdeen on 4 home victories in 12 months but as Saint said 'It's a funny old game Greavsey'

Sunday Mail

'JIMMY CALDERWOOD last night urged Inverness to keep faith with gaffer Craig Brewster - despite cranking up the pressure on his old pal with a thumping win.

Brewster's strugglers slumped to joint bottom spot after strikes from Charlie Mulgrew, Gary McDonald and Darren Mackie inflicted more home misery.

And while Aberdeen's clinical demolition job delighted Calderwood he was quick to offer Brewster his backing.

Jimmy is convinced his former player will lead Caley out of trouble and warned the board not to bullet their boss in a panic.'

Got to be worth another three points.

At the end of the day I think the majority of us are now firmly in the Brewster must Go camp ...... he simply cannot be allowed to continue.

The priority in that case is to get someone in who can hit the ground running. We are entering the transfer window, we need the squad to start working for each other, and we need an almost instant boost.

I feel that Robbo can be the man to provide that. He has proved over the last few months just how much ICT means to him. Some may not see or hear it but one of the "benefits" of listening to games on the radio rather than attending them is that you often get the "open all mics" programme and Robbo is passionate about ICT, Inverness and the Highlands. He was slapping down central belt stereotypes long before people thought he was touting for any job.

I agree with Johnboy's suggestion that he perhaps get a contract until the end of the season to see what he can do

I believe his passion would rub off on the players and we know what happens when ICT are happy/passionate

I believe he would find a place for Barry and that would give the players and fans even more of a lift

I believe he would further woo the fans by playing attractive football and acknowledging our existence

and most important of all .... I believe he would keep us up

Robertson's record is patchy to say the least. Pele left the club at the top of the first division with a squad that proved well capable of surviving in the top flight.

Robertson did a good job in the club gaining promotion but has had no real success at Hearts, Livingston (relegation),

Ross County (jumped ship when the money ran out) and Derry (won a league cup but the league position was poor).

Too much of a gamble for me.

Robertson's record is patchy to say the least. Pele left the club at the top of the first division with a squad that proved well capable of surviving in the top flight.

Robertson did a good job in the club gaining promotion but has had no real success at Hearts, Livingston (relegation),

Ross County (jumped ship when the money ran out) and Derry (won a league cup but the league position was poor).

I think its already been said what has happened to Robbo at other clubs and his so called 'patchy record' isn't really as such

Who only comes once a year - Santa or Johnboy ?

Have a look at ma very old signature mate.

How about this IHE quote dated 23/03/2008

CONCLUSION:

Brewster has lost the dressing room and the fans - He should show some humility and resign - followed closely by Savage and Orion - followed closely by Smith - and Grasser, the ever loyal servant, should change his role before even he loses any semblance of creedence - and then we should let Sutherland rebuild - although he is more instrumental in the building of the system than he is letting on.

CONCLUSION:

Brewster has lost the dressing room and the fans - He should show some humility and resign - followed closely by Savage and Orion - followed closely by Smith - and Grasser, the ever loyal servant, should change his role before even he loses any semblance of creedence - and then we should let Sutherland rebuild - although he is more instrumental in the building of the system than he is letting on.

Problem is IHE only Savage did as you requested, I think Brew will go soon rather than later but I dont expect any of the others to follow

CONCLUSION:

Problem is IHE only Savage did as you requested, I think Brew will go soon rather than later but I dont expect any of the others to follow

**** me - and here I was thinking that Robbo was a sheep in wolves clothing. :rotflmao:

CONCLUSION:

**** me - and here I was thinking that Robbo was a sheep in wolves clothing. :rotflmao:

:thumb04:

'd prefer Pressely to Robbo but as long as Brew is nowhere near the club by Saturday we have taken one massive step away from the threat of being relegated.

Brew must go now!

I'd like to know what makes you think Pressley would be better? He has no managerial experience. Robbo at least served some time as an assistant before taking the helm and has proved his ability to motivate a team to promotion which he may or may not need to do again if appointed.

Whether or not Robbo is the right man for the job is up for debate. I like the guy and love what he has done for us. He was a right wee moany git though, passionate to the core, but moany.

I doubt Bazza would come back now as he's looking for a regular game before his career ends. He'll not get that at Caley under any manager i would think. Im pretty sue he's not ready to retire yet so becoming an Assistant may not be on his mind right now.

Getting in Dunc Shearer and CC on the team would be popular i believe. Thats a good shout.

Lets get rid of No Clue Brew 1st though eh.

I don't why some people folk are so big on giving Barry Wilson the managers job. Sure, he's big on ICT but aint got much experience (as of yet). I can see him making a good head coach/assistant manager some time in the future and maybe manager in the long run but I know if I were ICT manager I'd give him a job just now in coaching or something. I wouldn't mind seeing a Robbo/Christie/Park combo tag team for the rest of season, and if it works I wouldn't mind seeing Robbo back (doubt I'd be jumping for joy mind) but a short term contract till the end of the season will Christie and/or Park as assistants would good for now me thinks.

Whether or not Robbo is the right man for the job is up for debate. I like the guy and love what he has done for us. He was a right wee moany git though, passionate to the core, but moany.

I doubt Bazza would come back now as he's looking for a regular game before his career ends. He'll not get that at Caley under any manager i would think. Im pretty sue he's not ready to retire yet so becoming an Assistant may not be on his mind right now.

Getting in Dunc Shearer and CC on the team would be popular i believe. Thats a good shout.

Lets get rid of No Clue Brew 1st though eh.

Barry would jump at the chance of a coaching role. And, though his playing days will end, I dont think he plans on his career ending.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Robbo/Christie/Park combo tag team for the rest of season, and if it works I wouldn't mind seeing Robbo back (doubt I'd be jumping for joy mind) but a short term contract till the end of the season will Christie and/or Park as assistants would good for now me thinks.

no way park would leave edinburgh or hibs to travel back up here :rotflmao:

Barry would jump at the chance of a coaching role. And, though his playing days will end, I dont think he plans on his career ending.

would love to see barry in that role,and i would imagine a lot of the young players look upto him,which they dont with brew/malky

I think its already been said what has happened to Robbo at other clubs and his so called 'patchy record' isn't really as such

What adjective would you use to describe his managerial record since leaving here if patchy is so far off the mark?

Good, Outstanding, Diabolical?

I dont think I would be for Robbo returning, we have already tried a past manager and it is not working. A completely fresh approach would be better, too many people criticised him when he left, his tactics, fitness and even if he has the club to heart doesnt mean he would be a success. CC has the colub at heart but struggled. It seems that since Robbo came on the board everyone is almost sucking up to him and calling for him to be manager where there wasnt as many calling for him before hand.