FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Boycott the Partick Thistle game?

Johnboy

DavieB made this suggestion on another thread - I think this, as a one off means of protest, would be very effective, and should be seriously considered.

The following week provides the best opportunity for a 'demonstration' in my opinion.

Not enough people will walk out in a big game like Saturdays. And the board will simply say that the few that do walk out are representative of a small minority of fans.

Wheras the cup game.....everyone will have to pay to get in, season ticket holders included. The only thing that'll make the board take action is when the discontent starts hitting them financially, so why not organise a mass 'stay away' from the game (though the way we're going it's not likely it'll be noticed!!).

Imagine the embarrassment that'd be caused if there was a tiny home crowd there, and it was known that fans were deliberately staying away because of what's going on. [/i]

This would let the board see what future home attendances could be like if they persist with the present management team...

Great idea :thumb04: So when there is no home support, partick are laughing at us, their team get a boost as ICT morale drops even lower and we go out the cup at the 1st hurdle, great support for the club, TOTAL JOKE!!!!!!!

I want brewster out as well but i want the team to win more than i want brew out so go and support the team and get behind the boys and get the morale back up. Staging pathetic protests is a sure path to division 1. What good supporters ICT has :rotflmao:

This is a chapter in ICT history that no-one has ever seen before. Nobody wants this to happen. Im sure it will be done with the heaviest of hearts and a lot of soul searching.

The general consensus seems to be that there must be someone brought in now. The only way to act as a catalyst is to take affirmative action. This, it seems, is it.

I think those who would have normally went to the game should arrange to meet somwhere, get a picture, or let the newspapers know,and show their numbers, else the absence could be put down to the weather/credit crunch/SFL opposition etc.

While I see your point about the boycott, I am concerned that the team need our support as a cup run is essential to the financial stability of our club. Reducing gate receipts significantly would, I'm sure, make people sit up and take notice, but I don't know if it's good to do something to the detriment of the team.

With half the gate receipts going to Partick anyway, it would be a way of making a point without hurting the club too much financially.

Trouble is, we all want to see ICT do well in the cup, and the likelihood of a low ticket price will attract people.

For: May force the boards hand. Could expediate the inevitable in time to turn it around. Will be firm evidence for everyone that board inaction leads to fan action.

Against: Will do nothing for the players morale/performance, affects the club financially, could be seen as "unloyal" supporters, club will probably say its bad time of year/uninspiring opposition.

For what its worth, Im against a boycott.

(easy for me to say, so far away, i know!)

boycott my love for caley thistle theres no chance in hell that would happen. I have had a season ticket for every year since we were formed and this is the worst time at the club i have ever seen and i hate the manager and want him out.

But the bottom line is that i love the club and would support them whatever happens.

With half the gate receipts going to Partick anyway, it would be a way of making a point without hurting the club too much financially.

Trouble is, we all want to see ICT do well in the cup, and the likelihood of a low ticket price will attract people.

Thats half the gate reciepts after matchday expenses. If there wasn't enough in the pot to cover the costs the club would be out of pocket.

Wonder if anyone on the board has paused to consider just how many extra bums might be put on seats for this cup tie, if Robbo was to be unveiled as caretaker manager the day before the match?

Shame that none of them can muster the courage to come on here and explain why they appear to be happy with the status quo... (no - not that 3 chord rock band)

Guest Spectre

Well they have had a 'full and frank' meeting with the Supporters Club.

Until such time as the Board decides to replace the Manager they clearly cannot be seen to undermine him.

I am sure the Board are in fact equally as aware as the members of CTO that the current performances and results are not acceptable and, indeed, that there's a small but vocal number of fans who think they could run the club better. But there's a difference between being a cyber-terrorist and actually running things.

Well they have had a 'full and frank' meeting with the Supporters Club.

Until such time as the Board decides to replace the Manager they clearly cannot be seen to undermine him.

I am sure the Board are in fact equally as aware as the members of CTO that the current performances and results are not acceptable and, indeed, that there's a small but vocal number of fans who think they could run the club better. But there's a difference between being a cyber-terrorist and actually running things.

Pedantic maybe, but I'm not aware that the Supporters Club have spoken to the football club, although they may have aired the views of their members. The chairman of the Supporters Trust did meet with the club chairman following a request from the Trust to meet the board.

I would say that this is the best idea.

I know it wouldn't help the club financially, maybe lower the team morale but could it honestly get any worse under Brewster??

We could face relegation, team morale is at it's lowest anyway. So for me something needs to be done. This is the safest way to protest, no one will get arrested, there is no abuse at any game etc.

A league loss (at the moment) doesn't spell the end to our survival hopes so boycotting there is a "calculated risk". A cup loss and your out and there's no second bite for whoever ends up replacing Brewster.

For that reason I would discourage people from boycotting this game.

I want a cup run and I would never have thought that I would support a boycott.

BUT are the fans actually cheering on and encouraging the players recently - if anything it is the other way around - It sounds like that there has been a fair degree of silence or booning or anti - Brew songs.

The players may actually be better without the atmosphere - but a boycott would be the ideal way to REALLY make a point.

Me - I hope that the Huns make the Cup a bit more of an entertainment :rotflmao:

F*ck sake.

That all people think about, boycotting games? that's JUST what the team need.. you want to see the team to well and progress, yet you want Brew out.. can't do both at f*cking once. People here need to grow some balls, travel, support there team as much as possible and for one, Im sure that's one way of Improving things.

Brewster isn't going anytime soon yet people are still happy to near enough destroy the club to get rid of him.. some "fans"

F*ck sake.

That all people think about, boycotting games? that's JUST what the team need.. you want to see the team to well and progress, yet you want Brew out.. can't do both at f*cking once. People here need to grow some balls, travel, support there team as much as possible and for one, Im sure that's one way of Improving things.

Brewster isn't going anytime soon yet people are still happy to near enough destroy the club to get rid of him.. some "fans"

Read the post title Karl....

We're not talking about boycotting all ICT's games... Just this one in the hope that we, the supporters, will have our concerns on the manner in which our club is currently being run, noted by our alleged directors, and that badly needed changes, which could be vital to our very survival as a football club, will soon be made....