FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Partick : Matchday Thread

Scotty

given the weather and potential banana skin of lower league opposition it was a good performance.partick were pretty pish though and if thats their usual standard then its hard to see them staying near the top of the first.

the lad pavel at centre half looks a good buy but i'd like to see him against quality strikers.he's big and wins a lot of headers, no nonsense stuff.always played the simple pass which is good and was our best defender today.

morais too had a great debut and looks a real pain in the erse to play against.quick, tricky and full of energy.many hibs fans feel his final ball lets him down but time will tell.

didnt see enough of thierry gattuessie but did nothing wrong anyway.

zadi confirmed he is out of his depth and was probably on just to give hastings a boot up the erse. tokely didn't have his best game ever and was caught out of position many times.while he gives us a threat going forward i think he'd be better making a concious decision to solely concentrate on defending and we'd be better off all round.

cowie was disappointing again for me with only flashes of his undoubted ability on show and gave the ball away too often.

great goal from vigurs though.about time we seen some goals and a long time since i left a game not depressed:)

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Partick did have a few injuries going into this game and the one to Robertson after a very good tackle on him by Bannerman, certainly rattled them.

This has probably been one of Brewster's best weeks in management. Close to the chop, significant public abuse, an Emergency Trust meeting to address amongst other things his mangement record, a Partick side brimming with optimism, but behind the scenes he captures three new players. These players then create a nervous optimism in their first game, and he gets the much needed first home win for ages. It was done in front of a very modest crowd but with various pundits indicating their belief in a Partick win and Graham Speirs suggesting he was clinging onto his job by a thread.

So after considerable criticism, I say well done in beating the odds. I am convinced that without these three players and the injury to Robertson that Partick were right to fancy their chances.

We must now scrap for a point at Hamilton and hope we can achieve a win. That will be difficult but today there were good signs. We may well have some new players in by then although the non cup tied Black may be on his way possibly to a team out of the cup. Lionel may just be on his way.

Pretty good performance, morais already looks a real good signing, he does remind me of Juanjo quite a bit.

Mihadjuks also looked classy in defence, he knew where to position himself, and what to do when he had the ball at his feet. Nice to be in the 5th round, hope we get a decent draw, possibly even an away trip judging from the pretty poor turnout today.

Agree with most of what has been said, except about Lionel. He tried to go forward and did some good work in getting the ball into the middle or out to the wing, some nice moves. But just not reliable enough, going forward he didint track back, leaving Roy to fall back to fill in the hole on more than one occasion. Good to watch but not the answer to anything.

Well chuffed to be leaving the stadium smiling for a change, but, hey, tea breaks over, lads, back on your heads.

Firstly, let's get the bad out of the way - I never want to see Lionel in an ICT shirt ever again (tho the gawdy shellsuits I've seen him wearing in Tesco also leave a lot to be desired...) as this was possibly the worst 45 min performance I've seen in an ICT shirt in the last 10 years. No positional or marking awareness, trotted about vaguely after the ball and caught in no man's land on several occasions, passing diabolical couldn't put a foot right and was guilty of several stupid fouls in quick succession. However, I will say that he put in a few decent and well timed tackles on the sideline, always best to find a positive they say! Delighted to see Hastings at ht.

Latvian lad - as said previously - had a very no-nonsense performance. Struggled to find our players with passes but stopped pretty much everything going his way. Athletic looking (pretty slim), tall and looked very aware right through match, concentration and positioning looked pretty much spot on. Don't think he committed a single foul but overall it was a well-played game.

Was delighted by the other 2 new signings, the reports here sparked fear but they were quickly allayed. Obvioulsy Morais' 2 goals speak for them themselves (seeing them on tv tonight gave a somewhat less generous viewpoint tho!) but he was full of tricks, turns and confidence and there was no evidence of lack of match fitness. Gathuessi went into midfield and for the short time he played, he seemed certainly more of a midfielder than a defender - again, he was keen to take players on.

Is today the start of a new, multi-national era one wonders. It was an absolute joy to come out with a win and a smile on my face, obviously lots of talking points with 3 debutants but few if any who went there today could have failed to have come out feeling positive.

He looked good on the ball Hairy, some neat touches may turn out to be very good if given a chance.

We played well enough today given the opposition. Morais was well worth his MoM award. His two goals were maybe deflections I don't know, but the first looked like an angled drive from inside the box and his second was great, he shut down the defender on the edge of the box and blocked the clearance, which fortunately fell kindly and squirmed straight through into the middle of the goals. He played wider than Barrowman and slightly behind him picking up the link play from the midfield and tormenting the Partick defence with some tasty skills. Young Vigurs had a decent game and scored with a solid left footer from fifteen yards inside the box to the keepers right. The ball whizzing past him high into the heart of the net. Pavels MacMagic had a solid game and tried to play out of defence, whilst on the left Jimmy Jabby showed glimpses of football, unfortunately only glimpses. Barrowman for me was AWOL again. Roy McBain started very brightly and was the star attraction in the first twenty minutes before Phillipe took over. Special mention for Mike Fraser who performed very well and I for one have no issues with him playing between the sticks.

Low crowd partly due to horrific weather and no season tickets............and the fact it was a cup tie. Check Celtics crowd.

I dont think there was ever going to be a big crowd today due to weather etc.

Sounds like all the debutants did well and perhaps the most important thing today is that the team will have gained some confidence before nexts weeks biggy

Yeh, credit where it's due.

We really needed a change of players having lost the last six games. IMHO Proctor and Hastings have been terrible and we needed someone up front who could score, so well done for having the guts to play some of the new guys straight away. It could have back-fired badly, but it certainly didn't. I predicted we wouldn't beat Partick and am glad to say I was wrong.

Although, would we still have won with same team that lost the last six?. That I doubt.

Guest Jagsfan

Fraser certainly speeded up after caley100 shouted at him to hurry up :rotflmao:

Another Classic Cup tie moment brought to you by the North Stand

Pity we could not hear your classic moments in the away end. Fair play your team deserved the win, but if fans won games you would have lost! Poor home attendance, with little vocal support.

If Caley Thistle fans believe they warrant a better team, then they need to show they have a support that deserves it.

We may have lost 3-0, but I reckon we had more fun over the 90 mins, singing in the rain!

Get behind your team!

Fraser certainly speeded up after caley100 shouted at him to hurry up :rotflmao:

Pity we could not hear your classic moments in the away end. Fair play your team deserved the win, but if fans won games you would have lost! Poor home attendance, with little vocal support.

If Caley Thistle fans believe they warrant a better team, then they need to show they have a support that deserves it.

We may have lost 3-0, but I reckon we had more fun over the 90 mins, singing in the rain!

Get behind your team!

It was ever thus !

Guest Jagsfan

Get behind your team!

It was ever thus !

a name like Kingsmills, must be an old jag fan!

Guest Jagsfan

Darn, I'm all out of coconuts....would you like one of these instead?

post-3-1231693711.jpg

That we are... and even with that we can still show up in numbers and get behind our team.

Your support fails to match ours even though we have had a number of lean years. What will yours be like if you end up in the first?

Stop bleating about your run of results and concentrate more in getting your fans to turn up.

We may be a first division side, but we have a premier league away support... one you can only dream of!

Am I wrong?

Guest Jagsfan

post-3-1231693711.jpg

That we are... and even with that we can still show up in numbers and get behind our team.

Your support fails to match ours even though we have had a number of lean years. What will yours be like if you end up in the first?

Stop bleating about your run of results and concentrate more in getting your fans to turn up.

We may be a first division side, but we have a premier league away support... one you can only dream of!

Am I wrong?

The reason I'm so disappointed, it that although I'll always be a Jags (PTFC) fan, I've a soft spot for Caley Thistle as my late grandfather played for Inverness Thistle.

I'll always want to turn you over, but would still love to see an Inverness side being able to challenge the two dark sides (four counting Edinburgh)!

The reason I'm so disappointed, it that although I'll always be a Jags (PTFC) fan, I've a soft spot for Caley Thistle as my late grandfather played for Inverness Thistle.

I'll always want to turn you over, but would still love to see an Inverness side being able to challenge the two dark sides (four counting Edinburgh)!

A double Jeggie - get to feck.

post-3-1231693711.jpg

Am I wrong?

And your point is caller..?

We're a relatively newly established club, from a small, developing city, our support never is going to be huge, as a small but proud club, we can accept that.

Your side has been around for decades now, and is in one of the biggest cities in Britain, so do you wonder who is likely to have the more fans? :thumb04:

If you would let the football do the talking, ours was much better than the pish you's had to offer yesterday.

Your side were hopeless and not even in the game at all.

Go back to your hole and have a go at someone who cares what you have to say :rotflmao:

Guest Jagsfan

A double Jeggie - get to feck.

You're right you are a muppet!

Whether you like it or not it's Caley Thistle! What chance have you lot got if you still cannot accept it!

Which reminds me of your first game at East Stirling on a wet mid-week night! fist time I've been to a game with 3 sets of fans. One supporting Shire, one lot Thistle and the others Caley.

The local constabulary having more trouble with the two sets of away fans.

Could understand it then. Not now, you need each other if you want to succeed!

Anyway, now I know why ICT fans have what to listen to ...."... what a Sh1tey home support..." ... no doubt every game!

Anyway, now I know why ICT fans have what to listen to ...."... what a Sh1tey home support..." ... no doubt every game!

Because you happened to come up to the hills on a day where it was pishing down, many can't afford to go to as many games as they'd perhaps like, and if they're going to choose one it's either going to be the wee diddy team in the cup that we are likely to sweep aside like the First Division Promotion Pretenders they aspire to be?

Or go to a crunch game next week which could turn out to be the most important game of our season?

I wonder.

You truly are an @nal bead of the finest order.

Guest Jagsfan

post-3-1231693711.jpg

Am I wrong?

And your point is caller..?

We're a relatively newly established club, from a small, developing city, our support never is going to be huge, as a small but proud club, we can accept that.

Your side has been around for decades now, and is in one of the biggest cities in Britain, so do you wonder who is likely to have the more fans? :rotflmao:

If you would let the football do the talking, ours was much better than the pish you's had to offer yesterday.

Your side were hopeless and not even in the game at all.

Go back to your hole and have a go at someone who cares what you have to say :thumb04:

Ha Ha....

True we are in a big city...

We only have to compete with Rangers and Celtic... not a mighty Clachnacuddin!

Anyway I always thought Inverness was bigger than Dingwall, yet they pull in more "HOME" fans for games.

Just what are your gates like, without the away fans?

Anyway have your moment in the driving rain, it was your first in the last 3 Scottish Cup ties between us.

I hope you stay up, as anyone else coming down will bring more fans!

Because you happened to come up to the hills on a day where it was pishing down, many can't afford to go to as many games as they'd perhaps like, and if they're going to choose one it's either going to be the wee diddy team in the cup that we are likely to sweep aside like the First Division Promotion Pretenders they aspire to be?

Or go to a crunch game next week which could turn out to be the most important game of our season?

I wonder.

You truly are an @nal bead of the finest order.

You'll be a diddy team next year too...!