FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Good Luck Herr Brewster

Tichy_Blacks_Back

As Aristotle once said "one swallow does not make a summer" but as stated on another thread I do seriously believe the winter transfers made by the bottom SPL clubs will be the major factor in determining who goes down.

Ok yesterday it was Partick Thistle (who are currently only a first division side albeit at the right end of the table and playing well this season) but we did get a home win and kept a clean sheet - which after 11 home league games and only one win is a minor success.

There has been a lot said on the website since his appointment and having been unsure about his appointment in the first place and then being neither fully pro or anti Brewster since, I do though currently believe that changing any of the managers at the helm of the bottom clubs now will not improve anything as this is a very tight league this season and St.Mirren have shown what a few wins strung together can do (though they could be still be relegated if they don't continue to perform).

I don't think there is anybody associated with the club either inside or on the terraces who don't recognise that the playing staff at the club needs to be refreshed further and now is the perfect time to make a serious attempt to do that and I am glad that the club is looking at several new faces coming in.

If we have to carry a slightly larger than normal squad until the summer then I think that is what will have to happen as one or two additions will not be enough as the similar quality of the squads around us means we have to see an improvement in all areas of the team to ensure a better performance in the second half of the season.

Here's hoping that we will put together a number of wins on the back of yesterday's result and move us up the league.

Herr Brewster January could be your month, yesterday could be your Nottingham Forest match and Morais your Mark Robins. Please prove that is the case.