FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Thanks Brew

starchief

Yeah, good luck Brew. To accentuate the positives...

Good attitude to discipline and fitness, and showed that, with proper regime, an extended career was possible.

Some good signings, and brought on some of the younger lads.

Brought "out" some interesting prejudices in the matter we are not allowed to speak about.

Played really well when he played.

I concur.

Some great games under Brewster in the last 16 months:

ICT 3 Celtic 2

Hearts 2 Celtic 3

Aberdeen 0 ICT 2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from Jnr, maybe.. 020.gif

I actually don't think my comments were unfair or unjust. Myself, and others, have said before he should walk away with the knowledge he tried rather than wait till it is too late... unfortunately, he waited too long and the inevetable happened.

I truely thank Brewster for his efforts as he clearly thought he was doing his best - his best, however, was not good enough.

All the best to Malky too with his future.

Apart from Jnr, maybe.. 020.gif

I actually don't think my comments were unfair or unjust. Myself, and others, have said before he should walk away with the knowledge he tried rather than wait till it is too late... unfortunately, he waited too long and the inevetable happened.

I truely thank Brewster for his efforts as he clearly thought he was doing his best - his best, however, was not good enough.

All the best to Malky too with his future.

But why should he have walked away with nothing, when he's got a contract till the end of the season?

Surely you can't blame him for hanging on to his job until he was sacked?

Johnboy, I'm not going to sit here and heap false praise/sympathy on the guy just because he's been given the boot...I may be many things, but a hypocrite isn't one of them.

As I said, I feel no sympathy. He did more harm than good in the end and ICT means more to me than the feelings of this one man. He is a part of our History now, and with that comes the good memories...unfortunately these are currently outweighed by the bad.

As a Player....I was glad to have seen him in an ICT Shirt.

As a Manager....I'm glad to see the back of him.

As a Person....I have no real affinity with him and he is now nothing more than another man in the street.

Craig Brewster is in the past and I don't care where he goes from here. If he finds another club and does well, then good on him, if he drops off the face of the earth, I'll lose no sleep.

Some might see that as harsh, but that's just the way it is.

Football is not like any other run of the mill job. It's about honour, loyalty, commitment and the fine line between win and loose.

I don't want to take this thread off topic and sway away from the thanks that brewster deserves - I just think he would have had a hell of a lot more respect and dignity if he walked, rather than leaving it too late. The fans were calling for his job months ago.

Johnboy, I'm not going to sit here and heap false praise/sympathy on the guy just because he's been given the boot...I may be many things, but a hypocrite isn't one of them.

As I said, I feel no sympathy. He did more harm than good in the end and ICT means more to me than the feelings of this one man. He is a part of our History now, and with that comes the good memories...unfortunately these are currently outweighed by the bad.

As a Player....I was glad to have seen him in an ICT Shirt.

As a Manager....I'm glad to see the back of him.

As a Person....I have no real affinity with him and he is now nothing more than another man in the street.

Craig Brewster is in the past and I don't care where he goes from here. If he finds another club and does well, then good on him, if he drops off the face of the earth, I'll lose no sleep.

Some might see that as harsh, but that's just the way it is.

A misunderstanding here I suspect...

I'm happy to see the back of him too, but both you and Jnr seem to be suggesting he should have walked away from this, presumably with nothing by way of financial recompence..

As (I believe) he is contracted till the end of the season, it would have made much more sense for him to wait until he was sacked.

I would have done exactly the same....

Edited by Johnboy

I'm happy to see the back of him too, but both you and Jnr seem to be suggesting he should have walked away from this, presumably with nothing by way of financial recompence..

As (I believe) he is contracted till the end of the season, it would have made much more sense for him to wait until he was sacked.

what I'm trying to say is he will be m

Johnboy now that we are talking again I don't want to stir up trouble. I wished Brewster well in the future in another thread. My view on the matter is that if I, you or anyone else in another industry had been so incompetent in decisions made that brought our employers to such a low ebb we would undoubtedly be sacked without recompense.

I don't believe for one second you didn't try your best. I'm sure you did your absolute for Inverness and probably still feel that given just a little more time... The fallings out, the getting shot of some long-term ICT players were, I feel, all done with the absolute best intentions. Building a team according to your own designs was the right choice if unsuccessful. Giving youth a chance was admirable if nothing else. Perhaps taking a step back you could maybe try at a lower level where your mistakes and some ridiculous personal accusations about your private life are not back page news.

You did your best. Ultimately, it wasn't good enough but for sheer effort, I don't think you can be faulted.

That sums it up. The board have finally done the right thing and acted. Sorry Brew, thanks for trying, but your time was up a month ago at least. Good luck for the future.

Quite agree with Starchief. How would any of us feel if we'd been sacked from our job in such a public manner ? Brew must be gutted and who could blame him for feeling that way ?

Good luck to him in whatever he does next in football. He'll not be idle for long - for example, his fitness, healthy eating and coaching ideas are probably light years ahead of the majority of coaches in Scottish football.

If you cant do the time don't do the crime. Every manager in the game knows when the job is taken they are under the spotlight in an intense atmosphere. Its a high pressure, high stakes job. And only the best will cut it.

But anyway Best wishes. Hope the fitness and training ideology stay ingrained within the club. (though i wouldnt say he was light years ahead nowadays. Not at SPL level anyway.

As the one who started the thread:

I don't think he should have stayed in his job but saying thanks for trying isn't hypocrisy. I think he did his absolute best but it was just too much for him. I think he probably stayed because he really believed he was the man for the job. Probably still does. He was never the most talented player but pure effort produced someone who may be unfortunate in never getting a cap. It's in his make-up.

I doubt he never stopped thinking of ways to improve the team the whole time he was here and, even though it was ultimately unsuccessful and even to the detriment of the team, I still say thanks for the effort.

In the end, I was more responding to a number of people who bizarrely felt he was deliberately trying to ruin ICT or wasn't too bothered.

what I'm trying to say is he will be m

Johnboy now that we are talking again I don't want to stir up trouble. I wished Brewster well in the future in another thread. My view on the matter is that if I, you or anyone else in another industry had been so incompetent in decisions made that brought our employers to such a low ebb we would undoubtedly be sacked without recompense.

No... I don't think so Birdog... If you've got a contract outlining your salary for a set period, you're entitled to be paid for that period.

If he had quit he would have been in breech of his contract and not entitled to anything.

No... I don't think so Birdog... If you've got a contract outlining your salary for a set period, you're entitled to be paid for that period.

If he had quit he would have been in breech of his contract and not entitled to anything.

Fair enough.

Edited by birdog

Football is not like any other run of the mill job. It's about honour, loyalty, commitment and the fine line between win and loose.

I don't want to take this thread off topic and sway away from the thanks that brewster deserves - I just think he would have had a hell of a lot more respect and dignity if he walked, rather than leaving it too late. The fans were calling for his job months ago.

Is that really what you'd have done Gringo, walked away just because the fans were calling for you to go, and deprived your family and yourself several thousand pounds in the process?

Aye thanks Craig .

Thanks for taking us to the brink of relegation and for dividing the fans and for all your sh1te signings and for the way you treated a REAL ICT man ( Barry Wilson ) and for the worst run of results in our history .

I agree we have a lot to be grateful for re Mr Brewster . :rotflmao:

Is that really what you'd have done Gringo, walked away just because the fans were calling for you to go, and deprived your family and yourself several thousand pounds in the process?

I have been in the position before a couple of times where I have had to make a simlar dicision. When I first became Night Manager I was very young and you could say inexperienced in certain aspects of the job. I either had to become more abrupt and focused or think about my role... and I toughened up and earned the respect of many people within the hotel and can safely say all parties were pleased with my work.

When I first moved to scotland, I did everything the boss asked of me & more and tried my hardest, ultimately we both agreed I wasnt up to her own exteremly high standards and I decided to leave before things got worse and tarnished an otherwise decent working reputation within the trade - knowing I did my best and tried my hardest, but perhaps it wasnt good enough.

So... would I walk just because the fans say I should??? No, I wouldnt, but I would certainly look deeply into WHY they want me out and HOW i can become better... if there is no solution, then I would walk away with a shread of dignity and knowing I did the right thing for the future of the club.

I hope that makes sense.

Edited by Gringo_Jnr

I'm sure that Brewster did his best but it's been clear from about the middle of his tenure at Tannadice that he has little or no ability as a football manager.

I couldn't understand at the time and still can't understand what persuaded the board that he would be a success second time around given just how badly he was performing at Dundee United despite having much greater resourses at his disposal.

That said it cannot be nice to be sacked in such a public manner and I wish him well in whaterver he decides to do in the future. I don't blame him personally for hanging on until he was sacked as he must know in hid heart of hearts that he's most unlikely to get another chance in football management given just how poor his overall record is.

When he hung up his boots last January his managerial performances should have improved but they went into terminal decline. As this season deteriorated there must have been a key moment when his promise to complete unfinished business became a true nightmare to him and he should have walked. Some say he was talked out of resigning earlier in the season. We have not seen the goings on with players but from the outside relationships have not looked good. Whilst he helped save us last season, his inability to recognise danger has plunged this club into deep trouble. The board's loyalty has been honourable, but may prove mis-directed. No one wishes Craig Brewster anything other than best wishes for the future, but football management is not recommended.