FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New manager thread (merged)

Guest birdog

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way Stephen Pressley. An experienced player, yes, but unproven as a manager and that's not what we need to save us from the drop. Not sure if taking Robbo back would be a positive thing. And definately not Barry Wilson yet.

The worst thing the board can do just now is rush into a decision.

Can't believe people are talking of Robbo's return, he's had his go and left for the bigger club dream and failed.

He has shown he is not capable unless Donald Park is by his side.

We can't go back wards again.

For my money we should be going after the likes of Steve Frail.

John Robertson knows the club, is available, lives locally (I think?) and wouldn't cost any compensation. We need results now and he could be the sort of manager who could get them. I think bringing in Robbo would be a good move.

If not, Kevin MacDonald would be my choice, I don't think he'd give up his Irish and Aston Villa work though. Sergio Makarian would be good also.

Edited by ictchris

I think Robbo should be put in charge as of now. He has a track record, knows the story, has been a regular spectator, is Inverness minded. Then at the end of the season, start a real recruitment process, given that Robbo might just have a head start.

We need a response NOW! And Grassa aint the answer.

I wouldn't go for another former manager, even Robbo, although I wouldn't be surprised if this is the direction the club takes. We need a new team, from director of football, down.

I'd go for the Exeter City duo of Paul Tisdale as manager and Steve Perryman MBE (the ex Spurs legend) as DOF. Exeter are a club not dissimilar to ICT. They even share the same sponsor, Flybe!, a provincial club with a similar sized loyal following.

Exeter were on their knees about three years ago, due to mismanagement from boardroom level (ring any bells?). The arrival of Steve and Paul has worked wonders so much so that they won promotion back to EFL div 2 last year and are already challenging for a 'play off' place for Div 1.

Paul is the typical young ambitious manager, and Steve is the wise 'old head' with an abundance of experience and contacts. The fact that I am a personal friend of Steve has not influenced my choice. I just know they would be good for us, and I'm sure affordable. They might take some persuading to move North, but I am convinced it would be a move in our long term interest.

Under no circumstances should someone be brought in who does not have experience of club management (I'm looking at calls for Pressley here...)

Robbo with Wilson, Park or Christie as Assistant for me.

I think Robbo should be put in charge as of now. He has a track record, knows the story, has been a regular spectator, is Inverness minded. Then at the end of the season, start a real recruitment process, given that Robbo might just have a head start.

We need a response NOW! And Grassa aint the answer.

Abbbsssholllutely!!

Anyone who ever goes to the reserve games will vouch for the fact that Robbo is very often there, and gets on really well with all the players.. I'm quite sure they would approve of him getting another chance.... even as caretaker boss till the end of the season....

Go for him!!

I wouldn't go for another former manager, even Robbo, although I wouldn't be surprised if this is the direction the club takes. We need a new team, from director of football, down.

I'd go for the Exeter City duo of Paul Tisdale as manager and Steve Perryman MBE (the ex Spurs legend) as DOF. Exeter are a club not dissimilar to ICT. They even share the same sponsor, Flybe!, a provincial club with a similar sized loyal following.

Exeter were on their knees about three years ago, due to mismanagement from boardroom level (ring any bells?). The arrival of Steve and Paul has worked wonders so much so that they won promotion back to EFL div 2 last year and are already challenging for a 'play off' place for Div 1.

Paul is the typical young ambitious manager, and Steve is the wise 'old head' with an abundance of experience and contacts. The fact that I am a personal friend of Steve has not influenced my choice. I just know they would be good for us, and I'm sure affordable. They might take some persuading to move North, but I am convinced it would be a move in our long term interest.

How familiar are they with the game in Scotland?

Has either of them ever been near Inverness?

Might Robertson be thinking I want to be remembered for bringing Caley Thistle into the SPL, not for bringing us back to the first division.

How will he fair without Park and any chance that he will come back. Brewster's second stint seemed to fall apart after Park left!

Definitely not a decision to be rushed at. To paraphrase another saying "Decide in haste, repent at leisure". I would favour Robbo and Charlie as caretakers until the end of the season. See how things go and take it from there.

nuff said

Obviously not 'nuff said, I want to back up my views on why Robbo,

1, He has tasted success (as manager), SFL Championship, Bells Cup, FAI cup.

2, He has experience of relegation battle, Lead Derry from a precarious position.

3, He knows ICT

4, He has LOTS of contacts in the game and is well known and respected amongst the footballing community which will stand him in good stead when trying to find us that elusive striker before Feb 2nd.

5, He will get the best out of Black before he goes down South.

6, I really want to watch attacking football again.

Having said all that there are a few good names being mentioned and if the rumours of Butcher being in Sneck yesterday are true then I would be delighted with him being unveiled as manager, he was a great skipper at England and Rangers (I hated him for it) so definately has leadership abilities.

Definitely not a decision to be rushed at. To paraphrase another saying "Decide in haste, repent at leisure". I would favour Robbo and Charlie as caretakers until the end of the season. See how things go and take it from there.

Robbo & Duncan Shearer for me