FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brian Kerr And Tam Mcmanus?

Guest caleyjags1976

McManus was recently released by Colorado Rapids after refusing to take a pay cut ....... According to the publically available MLS Salary chart, he was guaranteed earnings of $140,462.50 in 2008 which is a little over ?97,000 a year ... is he worth that ?

Kerr has been mentioned in other threads.

Mcmanus hasn't really cut it since leaving Hibernian. He exploded onto the scene when he was young, a bit lyk Burchill, but may be worth a gamble!

Also think Kerr is a terrific player.

Really impressed by the level of signings being made.

We CAN stay up.

Are we just suggesting Tam McManus? If we are yes i think he'd be a good edition to our team.

I would imagine Brian Kerr will end up joining us now, good signing he would be too.

Busiest club in Scotland. Signed more than Chelsea as well. We needed to be but why has it taken until Jan? Why did we not do this at the begining of the season?

Because Craig Brewster was our manager.

Busiest club in Scotland. Signed more than Chelsea as well. We needed to be but why has it taken until Jan? Why did we not do this at the begining of the season?

Because Craig Brewster was our manager.

Lest you all forget it was not all about Craig Brewster - He was avidly supported - to the hilt.

With regard to Mcmanus,his temprament lets him down.I remember him running a full 10 yards to assault Barry Robson(no bad thing ya may say!) with the ball long gone it was one of those watch thru yer fingers moments as you knew exactly what was coming,he got sent off and we lost the game. Sorry, but it would be a no from me

McManus and Burchill are linked with us at least once a year. All this tells me is that they don't seem to really make a go of it anywhere. Both are former 'rising stars' who, for whatever reason, haven't found the consistency to go with their potential. As has been pointed out, McManus also has a poor off-field disciplinary record. I wouldn't touch him, especially now we have Foran who will hopefully do the required business up front and avoid the off-field stuff that he's also had a bit of a rep for in the past.

Kerr's a slightly different matter - another player once tipped for great things, but at least he did seem to be fufilling his potential at Motherwell. Don't know what went wrong at Hibs, but he might be another of ICT's successes in turning a flagging career around , a la Dods & Dargo. Also, we will need another creative midfielder shortly, with both Black and Cowie moving on. Hopefully Butcher can the best out of him, as he seemed to do with Foran at Motherwell.

Great to be even talking about signing players with decent SPL experience, though - have been offline for a few days and came back on to discover that all this had happened. Obviously the board is backing TB with money but it also looks like he will be able to sell the club to players who wouldn't have come to us under the previous management. Exciting times.

Edited by alternative maryhill

Where are Caley fans getting the notion that Kerr is a) A decent midfielder or b.) showed potential at Motherwell?

Lazy Midfielder, who you do not want in your side when you're up against it. Granted he score a few decent goals every now and then. Only chance seeing him showing up often enough to be decent is if you're live on TV every week.

Edited by ATW

Where are Caley fans getting the notion that Kerr is a) A decent midfielder or b.) showed potential at Motherwell?

Lazy Midfielder, who you do not want in your side when you're up against it. Granted he score a few decent goals every now and then. Only chance seeing him showing up often enough to be decent is if you're live on TV every week.

If Butcher signs him, one can only hope that it's because he knows he's been a good player for him in the past and can still do a job for him.

Hopefully, not just because he's unattached and on the verge of giving up hope of ever finding a club again, so will gratefully sign for any club and take any wages.

Yeah that was Butcher down fall at us, never seen when a player was not good enough. Then again, if Kerr now realises he is not "Mr Big" he may do a turn. No one can doubt Kerr has ability... just has to remember to actually show that he has.

Failing at Motherwell and to more of an extent at Hibs should have knocked some sense into him.

Failing at Motherwell and to more of an extent at Hibs should have knocked some sense into him.

And then the total indignity of being shipped off to Inverness - The boy is going to have a feckin inferiority complex rather than an exaggerated ego. :rotflmao: :thumb04:

As ma good friend Yazz once said to me - "The only way is up Baby "

I'd take Kerr but wouldnt touch McManus.

Kerr is a decent midfielder (which we'll need it seems) and I believe Butcher can get the best out of him.

McManus is an average 1st division player at best. He's a wee turd too.

These aren't concrete though so should this thread not be in the mill than contains rumours?