FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Djebi-zadi

AJS

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rebelwithoutaclue

I think Lionel has done fine. I like the no nonsense hoofing. Gulp a little when he maybe tries to dribble when i'd prefer the hoof! Felt at tannadice his interceptions,good as they were,came as a result of being caught out of position but 10/10 for recovering. He provides more of a presence for set pieces. He deserves to retain his place in the team and its all good if he and Richard hastings are battling for the no.3 slot. I quite like Richard Hastings as I think he offers something on the overlap but defensively I don't think he's been performing as well as he can.

aha but could this new super left back run and pass AT THE SAME TIME?

Sounds a bit like a ballerina girl running with the night. It could be endless love, say you, say me.

Hello IHE. Truly, that would be the closest thing to heaven. However, by this time on a Friday you're usually dancing on the ceiling. It is not my destiny to be stuck on you all night long (thank feck).

Guest Muir-Jaggie

He's sadly taken the place of hastings!

that was going to happen no matter what hastings isnt fast as he once was, but hopefully he'll keep getting in the canadian squad

Butcher has given him confidence. Stuck by him even when he has made some very simple errors. Brewster would have dropped him after 1 game like he did with forwards and Duff.

Played well today some scary moments but overall it wasbetween him and Imrie for man of match

Total joke that he got motm today!! Imrie ws our best player and hardest worker by a total mile. Djebi-Zadi did nothing more than the rest of the defence. I think he is still a walking time bomb of a footballer, he can do ok now and then but is prone to total disasters which WILL cost us. It seems its the comey factor when he can take someone on that gets him over praised. the amount of times he was in the middle of the park and no where near his man was shocking a better team would have exploited that

Total joke that he got motm today!! Imrie ws our best player and hardest worker by a total mile. Djebi-Zadi did nothing more than the rest of the defence. I think he is still a walking time bomb of a footballer, he can do ok now and then but is prone to total disasters which WILL cost us. It seems its the comey factor when he can take someone on that gets him over praised. the amount of times he was in the middle of the park and no where near his man was shocking a better team would have exploited that

Having a laugh!! Today was Lionel's best game by miles. He has looked ok in the past but lacked composure on the ball or made you feel like he was going to trip over himself. Today he looked totally comfortable, ripped the **** on a few occasions as well. He just keeps getting better and better, wish he had scored today. He is going to turn in to some player the way he is going.

Having a laugh!! Today was Lionel's best game by miles. He has looked ok in the past but lacked composure on the ball or made you feel like he was going to trip over himself. Today he looked totally comfortable, ripped the **** on a few occasions as well. He just keeps getting better and better, wish he had scored today. He is going to turn in to some player the way he is going.

He's being over-rated was no where near his man so often Hibs could have had a free run down the left if they got it over there. The odd good tackle or stumble past a man doesnt make him good. He did noting today to gain him more praise over say the new Machiiiiiineeeee Mhajidks. Imrie was imense running non stop up front, making every attack we had, holding the ball up, taking on men and winning about 69 free kicks.

Your off the bus

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

He's being over-rated was no where near his man so often Hibs could have had a free run down the left if they got it over there. The odd good tackle or stumble past a man doesnt make him good. He did noting today to gain him more praise over say the new Machiiiiiineeeee Mhajidks. Imrie was imense running non stop up front, making every attack we had, holding the ball up, taking on men and winning about 69 free kicks.

Your off the bus

Yeh ? and it sounds like you completely missed the bus.

Lionel is pure magic and all credit to Terry and Maurice for giving him the opportunity to prove himself.

Your off the bus

Yeh ? and it sounds like you completely missed the bus.

Lionel is pure magic and all credit to Terry and Maurice for giving him the opportunity to prove himself.

We are now watcthing LIONEL'S BLACK MAGIC & TERRY'S ALL GOLD

I would agree that Lionel deserved his MoM award. Did you overlook the worst free kick ever seen in the world when Imrie even managed to miss the corner flag by some twenty five yards . What a shocker that was. I also agree that Imrie had a good game otherwise, as did Foran, who broke down numerous attacks and was effective with his use of the ball.

Congratulations big Lionel, a joy to watch him thundering down the wing and cutting inside the defender to unleash a venemous shot on goal. He was unlucky a couple of times today when rampaging forward.

Djebi Zadi is a bizarre one. I realise saying this will probably cause a lot of abusive postings but I honestly think he is a terrible excuse for a footballer. He is so unpredictable and you just don't know what he is going to do next but it is that unpredictability that we are loving right now and for that he can only be praised. A lot of our games from now till the end of the season are going to won with determination and drive not with the odd flash of brilliance.

For me he was summed up yesterday when he was running down the left touchline in the first half and, under no pressure whatsoever, passed the ball out for a throw in to Hibs :thumb04: But then in the second half he displayed Tokely - esque skill to bullet past half the Hibs side and launch a counter attack by driving through the entire Hibs midfield :rotflmao:

What he lacks in skill, control and ability he more than makes up for in commitment and boundless energy. He had me in stitches yesterday particularly with his hilarious crossed ball that went out for a throw in in the second half (better only by Imries free kick).

Well done Lionel :018:

Edited by RiG

It maybe was Joe, but how many times did your favourite Imrie waste a good passing opportunity. I agree Imrie worked very very hard, but more composure with the ball would be more productive. Not a criticism really, just an observation. No criticism of the team as a whole yesterday, pass marks all round.

Rig, you deserve stick for your portrayal of Lionel. His cross come shot was from a much tighter angle than Imrie's free kick. Be a big guy, and hold your hand up and say well done Lionel. You can do it.

And as an extra, Tokely wasted, under no pressure, at least three forward balls down the right touchline.

I was very critical of Djebi-Zadi when Brewster was here, but like everyone else is saying, he's a totally different player. He would be even better if he could control the ball better when running foward with it. But still, what a turnaround.

Themann4thejob - your right about Imrie, if he could pass more at better times, then he would be almost a complete winger. But thats why he's here with us and not a bigger club. He needs to improve his shots too. But his workrate is awesome.

I think some people are missing the point? This man has improved greatly in a few games, what can he achieve once he has more experience? To be honest there isn't a player on the park who doesn't have a few iffy moments, it seems to me like people just can't admit they were wrong. I know I was one of those who wanted him out, thought he was a waste however, I am glad he is here today, his improvement under Butcher is super and I hope he continues to stay on the park :rotflmao:

Edited by KMCN