FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Robbo Returns

JohnRobertson

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you do at Orion Robbo?

i am business development manager which means i have to use my contacts in edinburgh fife central belt glasgow to arrange meeetings for orion personel to talk about vthe supply of engineering oil gas welders fabricators etc lot of meetings with white and blue collar companies so it has allowed me to develop as a person and mature as an individual as well and has beeen a very good learning process in dealing with top chief executives managers project leaders of multi national and global firms

Robbo,

Falkirk apart, which of the other clubs towards the foot of the table do you think we're capable of catching and overtaking ?

i think this saturday could be crucial if st mirren win then it could be straight fight between us and falkirk ideal scenario mght actually be both bottom teams winning and trying to drag saints killi and hamilton back into it

Robbo,

Falkirk apart, which of the other clubs towards the foot of the table do you think we're capable of catching and overtaking ?

i think this saturday could be crucial if st mirren win then it could be straight fight between us and falkirk ideal scenario mght actually be both bottom teams winning and trying to drag saints killi and hamilton back into it

The more the merrier !

(thats why they called me ceefax)

Now I know you're kosher!

Thinking back, one of my favourite goals of yours was against 'Well in the cup in 1990 (I think). it was p*ssing rain, and Hearts won 4-0. I can remember a newspaper picture of your celebration!

That, and any of the zillion you scored against Hibs!

Edited by HawkeyeTheGnu

Robbo,

The more the merrier !

correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thinking back, one of my favourite goals of yours was against 'Well in the in 1990 (I think). it was p*ssing rain, and Hearts won 4-0. I can remember a newspaper picture of your celebration!

spot on we beat well 4 v 0 i got two jc scored an unbeleivable mazy from his own haf past about 5 plus keeper and crabbo csored to finish it off and hibs well all special and enjoyed to the max

Thinking back, one of my favourite goals of yours was against 'Well in the in 1990 (I think). it was p*ssing rain, and Hearts won 4-0. I can remember a newspaper picture of your celebration!

spot on we beat well 4 v 0 i got two jc scored an unbeleivable mazy from his own haf past about 5 plus keeper and crabbo csored to finish it off and hibs well all special and enjoyed to the max

That was some season. I still remember the 'New Terrible Trio' t-shirts!

Robbo,

The more the merrier !

correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Robbo, great to have you back online. Anyone who doubted your motives for coming on with your question and answer thread must surely realise now the genuine love you have for the club.I look forward to the day when you will return to us and will continue to enjoy your banter.

i was just to small for England

I can remember speaking to a rabid Newcastle fan (i.e. he was very keen - he wasn't literally rabid!) after you'd returned to Hearts, and he reckoned you'd done OK at the toon. Didn't they play you in midfield for a bit?

great experience but yes played 4 games up front then wide left for abot half dozen games but just did not work out

i was just to small for England

I can remember speaking to a rabid Newcastle fan (i.e. he was very keen - he wasn't literally rabid!) after you'd returned to Hearts, and he reckoned you'd done OK at the toon. Didn't they play you in midfield for a bit?

great experience but yes played 4 games up front then wide left for abot half dozen games but just did not work out

I'm gonna stop now before this turns into 'Jambos Re-united'!

Yes, I was at that game along with a lot of Caledonian fans as our Scottish Cup game away to Stirling (played at Brockville because of Stirling's artificial pitch) was called off at the last minute so we diverted to Tynecastle.

JC's goal is on youtube.

Yes, I was at that game along with a lot of Caledonian fans as our Scottish Cup game away to Stirling (played at Brockville because of Stirling's artificial pitch) was called off at the last minute so we diverted to Tynecastle.

JC's goal is on youtube.

yes good game have to log off now as my boss calling me will try pick up again sunday/monday keep questions coming in and in PROMISE to answer them all and remember all travelling fans 'lets all do the butcher bounce nanana nana na na '

John, you have really gone down in my estimations for posting on this site. I can imagine that the previous and current Manager would be perturbed to hear that you were doing so also.

The timing of your postings couldnt have been more obvious - when people start to notice that the ICT fans may have some influence over the board, you try and win them over. Ive always liked the fact that sites like these are for fans to vent their opinions, not the players or (prospective) management of a football club.

Lets imagine you did get the job. How would you feel about TB, and CB for that matter, coming on and posting their thoughts on players, and who is deserving of a start in the team. Wouldnt it also be strange if they also referred to ICT as 'us' and 'we'?

Edited by FourFourTwo

OK, so John is an ex-manager, but that doesn't exclude him from being a fan and having thoughts and opinions just like any of the rest of us and if he wishes to share those with other fans then he's more than welcome to do so. At least he has the the decency to be up front and honest about it and not hide behind a pseudo name.

Lets imagine you did get the job. How would you feel about TB, and CB for that matter, coming on and posting their thoughts on players, and who is deserving of a start in the team. Wouldnt it also be strange if they also referred to ICT as 'us' and 'we'?

They probobly wouldn't post here as they arn't supporters of the club, also it isn't strange that John refers to the club as "us" and "we" as he supports ICT, fans do refer to their teams using those terms y'know.

I don't think for a moment anyone is trying to impugn Robbo's integrity but I agree with 442 on this one. A big 5 for him.

A bit tacky and rather obvious ploy from the start. He can write his opinions as a fan in the paper can he not?

But he is so close to Management that any kind of comment that can be construed as negative may undermine TB's efforts here and, IMHO, a diplomatic silence would be more supportive and positive in the delicate situation that ICT currently finds itself in. :rotflmao:

Well I'm afraid I don't agree. I think that Robbos post have been very honest and while he openly admits he is 'gutted' at not getting the job, I think that he is being gracious in defeat and still showing his support for the team. He regularly attends our reserve games and speaks well of us on the radio. I welcome his contribution and don't doubt his motives one bit.

This session was brought on by an imposter trying to set up a question and answers session under the guise of robbo, so this was his response to that.

Robbo - thank you for your very honest and frank post. Please come back again soon.