FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotland B Squad

RossP

Does this mean Terry Butcher has had a say on the squad, and asked Burley not to include any ICT players?

Or, our players are not good enough for a weak Scotland B squad?

What ever it is, I am happy none will be risked for a rediculously timed non-event.

No Cowie, no Black, no Esson?

Yet they pick Wilson and Naismith who have barely featured?

Both just come back from serious injury recently... in addition to having waaaaay more experience at European and International level than Cowie, Black and Esson.

As I said, i'm happy with the squad. Content that none of our players will get injured playing in a game that means very little.

Both just come back from serious injury recently... in addition to having waaaaay more experience at European and International level than Cowie, Black and Esson.

As I said, i'm happy with the squad. Content that none of our players will get injured playing in a game that means very little.

So why are they included then? Plus, I am sure that the B international was set up so players who didn't have international experience were given a chance to gain some.

Unless Butcher has asked for his players not to be included (folly I think) then it's a disgrace, and I am actually ashamed to be from Scotland with this team.

I have to say, I think that's a pretty awful B team. I don't see any of those players (except maybe Naismith) making a break in to the first team except as fringe players. The likes of Hughes, Clarkson and Wallace may get in but only with injuries to a few players. Not exactly inspiring.

So why are they included then? Plus, I am sure that the B international was set up so players who didn't have international experience were given a chance to gain some.

Unless Butcher has asked for his players not to be included (folly I think) then it's a disgrace, and I am actually ashamed to be from Scotland with this team.

They are included to continue their international development. Wilson (captain of Scotland Under 21s a few years ago) and Naismith (also a former Scotland under 21 captain and has 1 full cap) are better players than any ICT player, and will have a greater chance of becoming a recognised International regular; so it makes sense for George Burley to keep their development going. This will also be the first time he has seen either player in a Scotland shirt during his time as the International manager; which will allow him to assess whether they'd be capable of making the step up to the full squad before the year is out.

I'd rather players on the fringe of being in the first Scotland X11 play in this match, rather than players that have impressed at club level for perhaps a half season or so e.g. Imrie and Cowie. Surprised Black wasn't included as he's been solid for 2 seasons now, but I suppose that Red Card in the last B International wouldn't of helped :rotflmao: