FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Getting To Hampden

SMEE

Can anyone tell me how easy Hampden is to get to by public transport. I am going to see U2 and Bruce Springsteen gigs there, and was curious if the stadium is well served outwith footie match days? I dont fancy driving to the stadium...so will prob park at my mates sis house in Glenboig, then catch train into Glasgow. After that...am stuck!

If anyone can give me info...cool.....and even ball park figures for costs from Glasgow City Centre to Stadium would be even better.

train from central station to mount florida. it's about 10 mins and you're just minutes to the ground from there. it's only a couple of quid if that.

on the way back you'd prob be better walking back to town. could do it in 30 mins or so (note the or so!)

there's buses too but can't remember the numbers.

you could drive there and park off aitkenhead road somewhere. there's lots of wee streets about there. or you could park in the scheme behind asda.

Thanx Maimie. As long as we get there, my mates sis will drive in to glasgow and collect us after the gig...and take us back to the car. Is Hampden easy to get to by car then? I have sat nav...but get a bit stressed driving in big cities!

SMEE - Just to re-iterate that your best bet is to get the train from central into Mount Florida then it is pretty much just a straight walk from there to Hampden. That's the way I will be heading for The Boss. It is no more then ?5 for a return. As for getting back in, I would say that if you don't know the way and don't fancy the walk just head back to the train station and wait. They should put extra trains on, and by the time you have waited it would equal walking back in but without the walking.