FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Disabled Prices

Renegade

As was mentioned on the BB thing, why don't disabled people get to go to games for free? Some will call that discrimination, but we able bodied people don't have the burden of living such a terrible way every single day. I went on the Old Trafford tour once and I heard there that disabled people and a person they take with them, get to every game for free. Surely every team and ICT should be doing this as well. Discuss.

As was mentioned on the BB thing, why don't disabled people get to go to games for free? Some will call that discrimination, but we able bodied people don't have the burden of living such a terrible way every single day. I went on the Old Trafford tour once and I heard there that disabled people and a person they take with them, get to every game for free. Surely every team and ICT should be doing this as well. Discuss.

I can understand your sentiment to a degree but this is a bit of a"dodgy" area. Talking of living life in such a terrible way every day. What about people suffering from depression? Receiving treatment for cancer? Also, some people who are disabled may not want to be singled out but instead included just like everyone else.

ICT run a scheme where, If you are in receipt of DLA (Disability Living Allowance) and need/can arrange a "carer" to attend with you, BOTH parties will gain free entry to league games! You have to sit in a designated area in the North Stand (not the best seats).

It applies to Mental as well as Physical disabilities. I actually qualify for it (being a loony toon :022: ) but havent really ever used it. Mainly coz i cant find anyone willing to sit in that area with me (despite it being free!) because they would feel uncomfortable in that section

I was actually gonna see if anyone on here was up for free entry to games with me, but thought it seemed a lil bit depserate!

Edited by SMEE

I can understand your sentiment to a degree but this is a bit of a"dodgy" area. Talking of living life in such a terrible way every day. What about people suffering from depression? Receiving treatment for cancer? Also, some people who are disabled may not want to be singled out but instead included just like everyone else.

your bang on in what you have said, Most Disabled folk dont want to be treated different, and as mentioned the club provides an area that is easly accessable for chairs and less abled bodys to watch the game. your post Reg does show you care all the same, but need to do some reading up on disabled people in the Work place and the likes, you will find that if facilitys are provieded and they can do what us abled bodyed people can do then they feel less disabled.. One paragraph in the document i was reading asked.. is a blind person disabled in his own house with no lights on? meaning if I went in to there house with no lights on I'd be "in theroy be less abled to find my way around" its a very interesting subject, another quote was "In a Mall/Shopping center, what makes a less abled person disabled when they have lift and ramps in to every shop" Over to you's for debate (I like SMEE can be regarded as Disabled to a degree, due to the possiblity of having MS) but I would always do my best if it came to it to be as able bodyed as possible....)

I dont need a straight Jacket. Id just demand they men in white coats heavily sedate me before games. its all good tho, as it means i wouldnt suffer too much watching the dire footbal being served up :022:

True that's what makes it a bit of a sticky wicket.

Its discrimination , positive discrimination but discrimination all the same .

So what about under 16s. Under that logic it's not someones fault they're not under 16, so under 16s should pay the whole price. Isn't that "discrimination" against over 16s? What about pensioners? Is it not discrimination that they get in cheaper as they're old? Surely the disabled can get the same sort of thing, and probably deserve it more too.

your bang on in what you have said, Most Disabled folk dont want to be treated different, and as mentioned the club provides an area that is easly accessable for chairs and less abled bodys to watch the game. your post Reg does show you care all the same, but need to do some reading up on disabled people in the Work place and the likes, you will find that if facilitys are provieded and they can do what us abled bodyed people can do then they feel less disabled.. One paragraph in the document i was reading asked.. is a blind person disabled in his own house with no lights on? meaning if I went in to there house with no lights on I'd be "in theroy be less abled to find my way around" its a very interesting subject, another quote was "In a Mall/Shopping center, what makes a less abled person disabled when they have lift and ramps in to every shop" Over to you's for debate (I like SMEE can be regarded as Disabled to a degree, due to the possiblity of having MS) but I would always do my best if it came to it to be as able bodyed as possible....)

As you've said I'm not an expert on the comings and goings of the disabled, but then again they could choose to take up the offer or turn it down should they not wish to participate in it.

I dont need a straight Jacket. Id just demand they men in white coats heavily sedate me before games. its all good tho, as it means i wouldnt suffer too much watching the dire footbal being served up :022:

Do you require a suitably qualified professional "helper" - I would be only too happy to administer a sedatory intramuscular injection and utilise control and restraint if necessitated.

Your logic on the under 16's is more to do with the Childs income, and they are covered under the childs act for this, and also they are the fans of the future,,

There is this whole fine line.

However, if you cannot work as a result of a disability and claim DLA then prices should be reduced. Anyone who does not like that, well that's their problem, DLA is not a massive amount (although the media have led us to believe otherwise) so surely if they can get a reduced rate it would be beneficial for them and ICTFC.

What i feel is unfair is that unemployed people dont get any concessions. Lets be honest, those on jobseekers allowance are REALLY on the bare minimum. Disabled people usually are among the most financially better off from the benefits system, as they can claim benefits X,Y and Z.

ICT are probably going to have approx 5000 empty seats for about 16 home league games of the season. Even if they let unemployed people in for ?5, its better to get that extra fiver than ?0. And am sure there are plenty of people who arent working who would like to be able to go, but just cant budget for it at the current price.

However, if you cannot work as a result of a disability and claim DLA then prices should be reduced. Anyone who does not like that, well that's their problem, DLA is not a massive amount (although the media have led us to believe otherwise) so surely if they can get a reduced rate it would be beneficial for them and ICTFC.

No one on here has said they shouldnt have it, and as mentioned people on DLA get in free with a helper if they need one so your arguments a non starter...

Just to clarify.....you can be in reciept of DLA.....be in a vegatitive state in a wheelchair, but unless you have a "carer", you do NOT get in for free.

Basically, I have to pretend to need a carer to be able to make use of the scheme, despite being in receipt of DLA.

Conversley, you could be Steven Hawking, and unless you get DLA, you wont be acceptable for the scheme.

No one on here has said they shouldnt have it, and as mentioned people on DLA get in free with a helper if they need one so your arguments a non starter...

I thought you only get in free if you need a carer?

I thought you only get in free if you need a carer?

You could have a full time, professional carer, but unless you recieve DLA, you wouldnt be entitled to the free entry.

IHE

Scarlet is failing now. Has sore feet and frequent stiff necks as a result of trading in his brass one for a custom fitted one made out of space-age material.

Would you put a straight jacket on him ...might help....eh?

You have to live with him to appreciate...........

However, happy times IHE, :rolleyes:

Daddy Pimpernel

Quick contribution - DLA is paid to both those in and out of work, it is there to help people meet extra costs of their disability/condition rather than be the sole benefit income. I work with a couple of people who receive higher rate of care component of DLA (currently about ?50 a week at a rough estimate), those who can't work through ill health claim other "mainstream" benefits.

ICT absolutely definitely provide free entry to those with disabilities, was not sure of qualification level but I know those in wheelchairs certainly get in free, with a carer.

Is the person who started this discussion on the Boardroom Banter forum not the same person who regularly boasts about spending hundreds (if not thousands) of pounds on buying equipment for ghost hunting???

I'm afraid that in this case it sounds like nothing more than someone looking for a chance to freeload and using any disability they might have to take advantage as opposed to them seeking genuine parity.