FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

FAO Robbo

Guest birdog

Guest birdog

I see John Robertson is using the forums at the moment. I wonder John, as an ex manager and player, if you wouldn't mind sharing your views on fans vocally showing displeasure at a performance on the pitch? Does it put the player's heads down? Does it spur them on to prove the doubters wrong? Does it make the players fell guilty for letting down the fans who pay their hard earned cash week in and week out? How do managers feel about it?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WynessLegend

Robbo was a fantastic manager who sadly made a complete arse of himself by contributing to this forum.

Please, stay away Robbo.

Robbo was a fantastic manager who sadly made a complete arse of himself by contributing to this forum.

Yes, because talking to fans on a club he supports forum is really making an arse of himself :lol:

Yes, because talking to fans on a club he supports forum is really making an arse of himself :lol:

He couldnt have made an arse of himself as some of the people on this forum, inculding myself.

There is only one person making an arse of himself on this thread (and we know who that is dont we) .... as that poster doesnt like the thread much, he has now been excluded from it .... thread has therefore been re-opened.

There is only one person making an arse of himself on this thread (and we know who that is dont we) .... as that poster doesnt like the thread much, he has now been excluded from it .... thread has therefore been re-opened.

Oh Oh Oh, Do i win somthing if i guess who it was? B)

Guest birdog

Whatever anyone thinks of Robbo using this site there has been an indepth debate raging on the subject of heckling players, there is no other member of this site who I can think of would be able to, without doubt, give a genuine insight into the effects on players, management or general club moral of these actions. Like I said in the booing thread, I never felt there was a need for booing on Saturday but I have been guilty of booing and heckling on many occasions. If Robbo were to say that "negative feedback" was totally counter productive then I would think twice about it in future but I could not say I would never do it.

At the end of the day guys Robbo is a fan of the club and as such is more than entitled to have an input on the club's fan forum. He also knows a hell of a lot more about football than most on here so I, for one, would respect his opinion more than I would anyone else on here, no disrespect to anyone.

What do players think of fans, an occupational hazard which they have to tolerate.

As a fan sitting in the stand every week I laugh at how fans seem to think that the players aren?t trying and are tactically inept. Player wages thus drinking style and babe pulling power are based on their performance each Saturday through win bonus, clean sheets and scoring goals etc.

It must be farcical for the players when the average eighteen stone fans shout between eating his cold pie and swilling on his Bovril about them as a professional player being unfit and overweight. We know the fan having to work so hard just to lift all that grease and **** water to their ******** sorry mouth.

The other classic from fans that once played the game at some junior level on a brown piece of grass in some backwater, always remember themselves being a better player than those on the park. The irony is that most of player on the park have played football at the highest standard in Scotland.

In any other walk of life it would be quite funny.

PS it is the only reason I go to football is because I can shout abuse and get away with it.

What do players think of fans, an occupational hazard which they have to tolerate.

As a fan sitting in the stand every week I laugh at how fans seem to think that the players aren't trying and are tactically inept. Player wages thus drinking style and babe pulling power are based on their performance each Saturday through win bonus, clean sheets and scoring goals etc.

It must be farcical for the players when the average eighteen stone fans shout between eating his cold pie and swilling on his Bovril about them as a professional player being unfit and overweight. We know the fan having to work so hard just to lift all that grease and **** water to their ******** sorry mouth.

The other classic from fans that once played the game at some junior level on a brown piece of grass in some backwater, always remember themselves being a better player than those on the park. The irony is that most of player on the park have played football at the highest standard in Scotland.

PS it is the only reason I go to football is because I can shout abuse and get away with it.

What the Feck are you talking about? You may aswell wrote in German because the only words that made sense was the swearing.

Did you have any specific 18 stone fan in mind with that comment?

As a fan sitting in the stand every week I laugh at how fans seem to think that the players aren't trying and are tactically inept. Player wages thus drinking style and babe pulling power are based on their performance each Saturday through win bonus, clean sheets and scoring goals etc.

What the Feck are you talking about? You may aswell wrote in German because the only words that made sense was the swearing.

Makes total sense to me! Maybe your lack of understanding says a lot about Dornoch schooling.

Did you have any specific 18 stone fan in mind with that comment?

:P yes me

"What the Feck are you talking about? You may aswell wrote in German because the only words that made sense was the swearing. "

DornochCaley, read your last post again and then realise how much of a prat you are. You have the gaul to rip people for their English and then come out with this crap. You really are something else. :P

I don't see how a fans fitness makes the slightest bit of difference to anything.

I doubt players expect fans to be professional athletes, I don't expect the players to be able to do what I do for a living.

Fair point.

Equally, how often do you get hundreds, sometimes thousands, of folk arriving at your work, many deluded by dreams of bygone days into thinking that they could do or could have done your job far better than you and, then take great pleasure in making sure you know exactly what they think?

Missing the point here guys , us fans pay the players wages .

The point I was trying to make (in English) was that yes we the fans may pay the players wages and yes we may idolise them but that does not mean they have to love us back.

I suspect that the players became professional footballers because they wanted to play football not because they like being booed at or because they liked being told there not up to the job. For the one who do there is always the local S&M club.

How many of us would take that kind of abuse every week.

Personally I prefer to give rather than take!