5, ROI, 13

6,SCOTLAND, 13

7, Bosnia,Hertz, 12

8,NIre, 12

9,Sweden,12

Based on likely outcomes and not just the best case senario for Scotland,

Scotland still need to beat Hollande first though

Edited by 12th Man

Ah...but some groups are 6 teams and some groups are 5 teams. There is some rule that kicks in to ensure fairness. I think its something like....the groups with 6 teams, the runners up have their results agains the bottom team cancelled out....or something like that

Yes Smee, and it works out like this...

Scotland will ensure a spot in the UEFA playoffs if:

they defeat the Netherlands AND (in Group 3) Slovenia and Poland draw AND (in Group 3) Northern Ireland do not defeat Slovakia

according to wikipedia. but there are many other ways it could go

Ah...but some groups are 6 teams and some groups are 5 teams. There is some rule that kicks in to ensure fairness. I think its something like....the groups with 6 teams, the runners up have their results agains the bottom team cancelled out....or something like that

Yeah this is true. As we are the only group with 5 teams so every other second placed team loses the points they gained against the bottom team. If that is the points without that taken into consideration then we may only need a point to get into the playoffs.

given that there is a month between our game and the final games in the other groups I am guessing that we will squeak a win against Holland, wait our month, then be disappointed on the final day as every single result that needed to go our way turns in the opposite direction ..... its the Scottish way :cute01:

given that there is a month between our game and the final games in the other groups I am guessing that we will squeak a win against Holland, wait our month, then be disappointed on the final day as every single result that needed to go our way turns in the opposite direction ..... its the Scottish way :cute01:

I'd agree with all that apart from the "squeak a win against Holland" bit!