FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Never mind the diddy of diddy cups

Harry Chibber

Nevermind the 'mighty dees' or Dunflopline it looks as though our main competitors (if we decide to start competing) are going to be Queens!

While we are waisting time and effort against C*unty this weekend they are playing Morton at home and unless 'the ton' pull off a blinder Queens will have a 4 point gap at the top of the league. Our game against them the following Saturday could define our season IMO and to top it off they have 2 of our old favourites and they'll be gunning to prove a point.

Massive game!

Yes, but as you say, we need to start competing. I think this Sunday could be the turning point in our season. A win against the tinks, a win at home for a change and getting to the final of the ALBA cup would set us up nicely for the QoS game.

Nevermind the 'mighty dees' or Dunflopline it looks as though our main competitors (if we decide to start competing) are going to be Queens!

I don't buy that. We're 7 games into the tightest league in Britain. The league positions of Queens, Dundee and Dunfermline only tell us that they have had a good, average and bad start to the season respectively. We still don't know who will challenge for the league this season but i still think Dundee and Dunfermline will be up there.

While we are waisting time and effort against C*unty this weekend they are playing Morton at home and unless 'the ton' pull off a blinder Queens will have a 4 point gap at the top of the league. Our game against them the following Saturday could define our season IMO and to top it off they have 2 of our old favourites and they'll be gunning to prove a point.

Massive game!

The County is huge. Given our poor run of home form, a win against the gypos could be exactly what we need to kick-start our home form and a cup final wouldn't be bad for morale.

I don't buy that. We're 7 games into the tightest league in Britain. The league positions of Queens, Dundee and Dunfermline only tell us that they have had a good, average and bad start to the season respectively. We still don't know who will challenge for the league this season but i still think Dundee and Dunfermline will be up there.

Massive game!

The County is huge. Given our poor run of home form, a win against the gypos could be exactly what we need to kick-start our home form and a cup final wouldn't be bad for morale.

It is still very early but Queens have been the most consistent away & at home, very good manager, they have one of the best defenders in the league in Bob Harris and they now have a forward line which matches any in the division. Dundee will come good but I don't think they will win the league and Dunfermline look to be as inconsistent as ... well ... us.

Don't get me wrong I'd be happy to get to a final of a cup, it would be a great day out but if I could chose a win against Queens and sacrafice the Alba (Diddy of Diddy) cup then I would do in a second.

Massive game!

Wasting time? This game on sunday is massive. After the last performance against them this game means so much to the players and supporters. I couldnt take another defeat aginst them. It would be such a boost to get a win and would give us something to build on for the queens game. Would hate to think what another home defeat(especially against THEM!) would do to our confidence.

It is still very early but Queens have been the most consistent away & at home, very good manager, they have one of the best defenders in the league in Bob Harris and they now have a forward line which matches any in the division. Dundee will come good but I don't think they will win the league and Dunfermline look to be as inconsistent as ... well ... us.

Don't get me wrong I'd be happy to get to a final of a cup, it would be a great day out but if I could chose a win against Queens and sacrafice the Alba (Diddy of Diddy) cup then I would do in a second.

you have a point and normally i would agree but i just couldnt take another beating by County

Wasting time? This game on sunday is massive. After the last performance against them this game means so much to the players and supporters. I couldnt take another defeat aginst them. It would be such a boost to get a win and would give us something to build on for the queens game. Would hate to think what another home defeat(especially against THEM!) would do to our confidence.

spot on

Agree with what Mr Chibber is saying. However Saturday is MASSIVE - not because it is a semi final but because we need to start winning at home soon or support will fall away. And what better time than against our near rivals.

Apart from the 'lift' that this win will give ICT, is there a cash incentive for winning the Alba Cup.

There does not appear to be much cash made in crowd appeal - even this Sunday seems subdued in the support front.

It would be nice if the cup came with a ?100,000 winners cheque.

My understanding is the total prize fund for Alba Cup is less than ?100k. TV cash will be no more than 10k. However, I do think its an important and worthwhile competition. It's the only competition where a football league club is gauranteed to win and it can be a big morale boost for all involved.

based on the last time we were in the final there was a bit that had prize moneyh breakdown and winners got something like ?25k if that so not massive amounts but maybe pay basic for week and a half.

its if reaching the final the club can cash in on it in terms of tshirts/flags/scarves etc.

based on the last time we were in the final there was a bit that had prize moneyh breakdown and winners got something like ?25k if that so not massive amounts but maybe pay basic for week and a half.

its if reaching the final the club can cash in on it in terms of tshirts/flags/scarves etc.

I thought it was something in the region of ?16k for a challenge cup win?

Yeh and i just ploughed ?35 quid into the club on monday for an away top. I like it better than our home one :lol:

Edited by caleykid1994

every game is important and although I can see what Chibber is getting at, the fact that the game on Sunday is against "them" makes it massive.

I think that some of the teams at the top right now will fall away during the season and we can only hope we wont be one of the fallers .... Queens were top of the division last season or the season before for a long time but when it came to the crunch they didnt have the strength in depth.

To be honest, the ALBA cup was one of the things that i started to look forward to after relegation, aswell as hoping for other good cup runs.

Id like to see us win every game, and i dont see why i should be shot down for that. I dont want to sacrifice a cup for a league win, lets do it both, theres no reason why we cant!

Queens have a had a good consistent season so far, which is what we need to find! Its been said over and over again, to do well in this league you need CONSISTENCY. We dont have that just now, but i have faith we can turn it around.

At the end of the day we need to start winning. after getting pumped last time our boys should be full of fight to show it was a one off. should be a cracking game with both teams goin for it. either that or its goin to be a long journey for me back to glasgow

I reckon we'll win both games .................... but it's not the end of the world, and definitely not the end of the season, if we don't.

However, I hope you will join me in cheering Denzil's goal a week on Saturday.

Massive game!

Not a massive game. Should be treated like the big four in England treat the league cup. Crowd estimate 3500. Says it all. In a way this game dilutes the "BIG DERBY" tag. League ALL important. Alba cup=Micky Mouse.

Not a massive game. Should be treated like the big four in England treat the league cup. Crowd estimate 3500. Says it all. In a way this game dilutes the "BIG DERBY" tag. League ALL important. Alba cup=Micky Mouse.

Why is it. That you are speaking. In very short. Ungrammatical. Sentences? Like this one.

You sound. Like a telegram. Stop.

I reckon we'll win both games .................... but it's not the end of the world, and definitely not the end of the season, if we don't.

However, I hope you will join me in cheering Denzil's goal a week on Saturday.

Finding maself tending to agree with humpbackruin here. Any game againsy the ******* is important to win but the Alba Cup Final should provide us with a feckin good day out - full stop - and we need a feckin confidence boost pronto. The Doomhammers is a must win as Hairy alludes to but I really do not think that they will stay the course. I do not want Denzil to net but I hope that he and Bazza are given a standing home ovation and I hope that nobody complains about that !!

Massive game!

I'd say they did!