FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Football wins the day

Naelifts

As an infrequent attender and even more infrequent site-user this season I have avoided reading several Tolstoysworth of sage reviewing.........can't be bothered. (prepares to be moved on)

I travelled to Perth strangely unexcited about the prospect of my team competing for silverware. For some time now I have bemoaned the lack of entertainment on show and found it increasingly easy to find other ways of passing time on match days. A recent round trip to Dingwall (09.40 - 20.30) had done nothing to whet my appetite.........although........being a fair man.......enjoyed some of Counties rapier like thrusts through our (largely SPL) midfield. We are back at our rightful level now but it is disappointing for me that we still have to attend monotonous Lego stadia in the main. What a treat to stand on the sun drenched terraces at Dingwall.........a real memory-provoker.

Duty prevailed however , and ICT........no.........football itself, was on trial for me on Sunday. Was it the value for money entertainment that I nostalgically recall from yesteryear? Could it get me back in the fold.............I will never be a regular A9 traveller unless the government suddenly discovers that it has made a mistake with the sums.........we are actually 200 Billion to the good!.........and immediately sets about dualling the A9 (with a slip road at Ballinluig obviously).

The result of my days sacrifice. ..........Faith restored!! A wonderful game of football; somebody had to win; we gave our all; hats off to Dundee; hard lines to our boys............you can all be proud of yourselves.

A footnote of a personal apology to one R Duncan who turned to the gutted crowd after Dees 3rd and implored us to make some noise.........I think I was sitting on my hands at the time.........we really are a quiet bunch.

So.............I'll be back. Games like that make it all worth while. And......all the - sack this, change that, why didn't?

stuff is bollocks after a day like that. Football was the winner...........we all were.

The last (totally unrelated to subject) response has been removed.

On the subject of this topic....any neutral would have been absolutely delighted to have seen that game yesterday and I totally get where you're coming from.

Unfortunately I wasn't a neutral and, at the end of the game, I was far from being a happy bunny. Que Sera!!!

I, like CD, was not just gutted yesterday but well and truely p****d off.

A couple of bad decisions cost us the game before Butcher had chance to react with substitutions, but I wll save this side of things for the appropriate thread.

One thing that was fantastic was the craic and banter of old. Sat at the Tulloch Institute, I was back in the old days sat next to Central Belter, chatting with a certain Coia, and remembering days gone by where Mooncat and KingBeastie would cheerlead at any opertunity.

The match itself, i agree, would have been a blinder for any neutral and ourselves and Dee can be proud knowing that this 'diddy' cup produced fome outstanding entertainment.

100% agree with you Naelifts. I have been totally uninspired by what I've seen this year, and for the last few years. No point going into it now but we all know the general gripes and moans (quality of play, cost of getting in/day out, etc. value for money essentially).

I was truly gutted at the result but thought the performance, from both sides, was magnificent. I have rarely, if ever, enjoyed a game of football as much as yesterday. It might even be the best game I have ever seen, certainly one of the best I've ever seen while watching ICT. The first half we were fantastic, second half Dundee came back into it but if it had been us and not Dundee who got the decisive goal no neutral would have denied we deserved it.

No team really deserved to lose, a truly fantastic advert for Scottish Football. Two teams full of Scots putting on a 100mph Cup Final that was just fantastic entertainment.

To those who want to moan about substitutes that may have been made or tactics that could have adopted, chillout and reflect on the fact that you saw an excellent game from 2 motivated teams and at the end of the day, it's the Challenge Cup. I didn't really care if we won it at the start of the season, I don't really care we lost it yesterday. It was just great to go to a game and be entertained for the 90 minutes. Great effort from everyone involved.

100% agree with you Naelifts. I have been totally uninspired by what I've seen this year, and for the last few years. No point going into it now but we all know the general gripes and moans (quality of play, cost of getting in/day out, etc. value for money essentially).

I was truly gutted at the result but thought the performance, from both sides, was magnificent. I have rarely, if ever, enjoyed a game of football as much as yesterday. It might even be the best game I have ever seen, certainly one of the best I've ever seen while watching ICT. The first half we were fantastic, second half Dundee came back into it but if it had been us and not Dundee who got the decisive goal no neutral would have denied we deserved it.

No team really deserved to lose, a truly fantastic advert for Scottish Football. Two teams full of Scots putting on a 100mph Cup Final that was just fantastic entertainment.

To those who want to moan about substitutes that may have been made or tactics that could have adopted, chillout and reflect on the fact that you saw an excellent game from 2 motivated teams and at the end of the day, it's the Challenge Cup. I didn't really care if we won it at the start of the season, I don't really care we lost it yesterday. It was just great to go to a game and be entertained for the 90 minutes. Great effort from everyone involved.

No team deserved to lose, but ICT deserved to win.

I am sure BBC Alippa were well chuffed with what they got.

Yeah gotta be said, twas a cracking game of football. Just gutted we threw away a 2 goal lead when the Cup was ours for the taking.

Best ICT game I've seen for footballing reasons would be the 3-2 one v Celtic a couple of years back. To be 2-0 down to the then Champions and comeback to 3-2, then hold out with 10 men, was phenomenal.

If ever there was an advert for getting shot of the old filth and expanding the league this was the game.

I was very optimistic before the game and still feel we're in with a fighting chance.

Great first half, pity we couldn't have held out.