FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tevez wins the league for Man Utd

Feb82000

I find it embarrassing that on a an ICT message board people are having it out about their allegiances towards bigger teams as it cheapens ICT. You can write what you want and I understand this is a section for discussing other teams but, I don't think it's a section for supporters of other teams.

So if I follow another team (as well as ICT) I'm not welcome to post on here? So by your reckoning Heilandee should not post on here, Scotty, I hope you have not been following any of the Canadian

teams out there or you will not be welcome on here. Who else have we got? Oh yes, DornochCaley, you'll have to leave as well. Feb8th you're out as well. I'm sure if we went through all the posters we would lose quite a few.

Now if I was following another team that comes into contact with ICT, for example Raith, County, Dundee etc I could understand your concerns but as it is very unlikely Liverpool and ICT will ever play each other I don't see the problem. They are in a different league in a different country, just like I also follow Valencia as I lived there for a few years. Again no conflict of interests as they'll never meet. It is quite common for supporters to have a "local" team and a "big" team, it doesn't mean they think any less of the local team.

To finish my rant with a commont that is used often on here and I think applies to this situation.

If you don't like the subject of the thread, don't read it.

This is the Non ICT Footballing part of the forum so the topic is perfectly valid. Good result for Man United yesterday.

Even better one for Liverpool! Gerrard must be the biggest cheat going right now.

I suppose it's anyones perogative to "follow" ( big differance from supporting) any team they choose,over the years i've met loads of folk who claimed to be Chelsea/Man U/Arsenal/OF etc without putting any effort other than buying a top to swagger round the pub in, into actually "supporting" the team.I don't know if it's co-incidance but most of the interesting, genuine, funny,likeable people iv'e had the pleasure of meeting in football contexts have been followers of local provincial football teams,which engenders loyalty and a degree of humilty without unrealistic expectations.From my time in the forces i dont think i can put a face to a single "big" team supporter but still mind loads of lads who supported the likes of Bristol Rovers,Barnsley,Worcester city,Yeovil Town,Milwall,Plymouth etc and still keep in touch and they keep an eye out for the Dee score due to a mutual respect of "wee" team supporters.Old Trafford or Dens.....I know where i'd rather be.

This is the Non ICT Footballing part of the forum so the topic is perfectly valid. Good result for Man United yesterday.

Thankyou very much

Even better one for Liverpool! Gerrard must be the biggest cheat going right now.

I think Henry might have a shout on that one. :rolleyes:

I was going to leave it but I just can't. The subject title is 'Tevez wins the league for Man u', not 'How loyal are you to your big team?'.

Edited by TheKnowledge

I was going to leave it but I just can't. The subject title is 'Tevez wins the league for Man u', not 'How loyal are you to your big team?'.

And your point is?

The thread started with Man Utd, had a bit about Liverpool. A smidgen of Chelsea, Arsenal, Bristol Rovers,Barnsley,Worcester city,Yeovil Town,Milwall,Plymouth,Raith, County, Dundee and even a mention of the OF. It had lots of talk about fans and where they are from and where they have been or not as the case may be. It was all in all a well rounded chat about Football in a football forum. Just because the title mentions one team doesn't mean we are not allowed to talk about other teams. If there was a problem with the thread going off topic I'm sure one of the mods would have sorted it. The posts submitted by me and the others didn't break any rules or offend anyone, well apart from you it seems. If you think it did do either please feel free to contact one of the admins/mods.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, if you don't like the subject don't read it.

Have you ever been anywhere near manchester, mate? Doubt it, typical gloryhunting rag ****.

Doesn't matter if you've never been to Eastlands, that quote is quite enough to qualify as a City fan :D

I once attended the Manc derby at OT (or the Swamp as us city fans call it) as a Corporate guest - it was the only way I could get a ticket. It meant we had decent seats in the Main Stand. Next to me was a Japanese bloke who supported Utd. He'd travelled al that way to see Utd for the first time.

Now I'd had a few bevies (and told Quentin Fortune to f#ck off in the restuarant) and I told the Jap (who didn't speak English) that Utd were wearing blue that day, and the chump believed me. He accidently cheered City all game (1-1, the game where Keane crippled Alfie Haaland).

6,000 mile round trip to cheer the wrong team... :huh:

Edited by Drochit Blue