FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Raith Rovers -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

I seem to remember last October's game v. Raith at Kirckaldy had highlights on their site...

Any word if they are doing that for games this year? Wouldn't mind seeing the goals a few times over!!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they'll be rushing to make the highlights available for Raith fans desperate to see the goals again!

Students from their local college produced highlights last time and hopefully they will do again. Unless any of them asked questions about their club's finances.

Butcher not to impressed with the game

I can't really comment as I didn't attend the game but from what I've heard it was a weak first half and they could have been easily level at half time.

But Well done to Rooney as he seemed to create a goal out of nothing and it was good to have good lucky finally.

That was another excellent away day. The result isn't really a reflection of the whole game though. As a few people have mentioned, the first half was dreadful: although we probably had more of the ball, I don't recall us creating a single decent chance. There was far too much long ball stuff from Munro and Golabek, and we missed Sanchez' composure and eye for a clinical pass in the middle. Odihambo couldn't get into the game at all - he wasn't helped by a succession of passes that seemed to land just behind him - and Hayes was double-marked and therefore much less effective than usual. Just as in the previous game here, Raith looked well-prepared and well organised, but very lightweight. They did, however, produce the best chance of the first half with Esson making a decent save from a downward header.

We started the second half more brightly and it looked like Butcher had told the players to be more aggressive. Russell Duncan in particular had a storming second half and got all over the pitch: you can forgive him the odd misplaced pass when he drives the team forward like that. Odihambo had a couple of decent runs on goal, but seemed a little too keen to pass when he might have been better shooting. When he was hooked for Sanchez, the game did turn, but Sanchez didn't seem to influence it directly. The opening goal looked a bit fortunate - Rooney appeared to control the ball with his hand before finishing well - but as soon as it had gone in, Raith collapsed completely. Nice turn and finish from Hayes for the second, Bulivitis forced the third over the line from fairly close in and Stratford knocked in a nice diagonal shot from a loose ball around the edge of the box for the fourth.

The positives were the obvious determination of the players to keep going for a win when nothing was coming off for them early on, the performance and influence of Russell Duncan and a very solid performance from Bulivitis, much needed after last week's mistake for the first Killie goal. Slight concerns are that despite his obvous talent, we still don't seem to know how to use Odihambo, and that left back will be a vulnerable area for the rest of the season: Golly did far better than Lionel did last week, but his lack of pace and hasty distribution might be problematic against more effective attacking sides.

@Pele is God - you mentioned Foran. I didn't think he was at his best today, but I didn't really pick up on anything that suggested his attitude was wrong. What was it that annoyed you?

Impressive ICT support, by the way - more than 200, I'd say - and good and vocal throughout. Hope we can keep this up throughout the run-in.

Most dire first half ive ever had the displeasure of watching....truly woeful. Both teams playing long balls as soon as they get it, terrible to watch. Golly and Munro the reoffenders.

Second half was much better, good to get a celebration of the first goal to relieve all the frustration.

I was sitting along from the guy that got up to sing....not a clue what it was, although it did finish with 'I.....C......T!!' :ohmy:

well dont to the travelling fans, another good day out!! good to see we have the best goal difference in the league too.

Roll on Queens.

Hmm no, but did enjoy the fire drill chants to the Raith fans!

Today was my first ever Caley game and I had great craic. Cheers to the fellas who invited me to sit with them for second half.

The Fire drill chants were great, but wasnt there another guy singing something not everyone knew.

Yeah he stood up and sang something, couldn't really make out what it was though.....

What a great day out! I've forgotten the first half and everything else was brilliant.

Question - "Is this a fire drill?"

I'll be singing this to the 'fans' who leave 10 minutes early next week. Big thanks to Nod for leading the 'give me a C chant' - I don't trust myself!

What was the song that fella was standing up and singing?

Great day out, great laugh and am home happy. Raith Rovers is a great place to go to see a game.

It was a leeds song.

Marching on together

We're gonna see you win

Na na na na na

We are so proud

We shout it out loud

I.......C.......T !

Today was my first ever Caley game and I had great craic. Cheers to the fellas who invited me to sit with them for second half.

The Fire drill chants were great, but wasnt there another guy singing something not everyone knew.

Yeah he stood up and sang something, couldn't really make out what it was though.....

What a great day out! I've forgotten the first half and everything else was brilliant.

I'll be singing this to the 'fans' who leave 10 minutes early next week. Big thanks to Nod for leading the 'give me a C chant' - I don't trust myself!

Great day out, great laugh and am home happy. Raith Rovers is a great place to go to see a game.

It was a leeds song.

Marching on together

We're gonna see you win

Na na na na na

We are so proud

We shout it out loud

I.......C.......T !

Was he a Yorkshire Pudding ?

Great day out yesterday if you blank the first half out! Raith were poor but these are the games we still need to win so a good result and also a fantastic support. This season is starting to have a feel of the last season we were in the 1st division. Starting to put a good run together let hope it continues.

Big thanks to Rooney for signing the program at the train station for my daughter (even though it wasn't for her!) and an ever bigger thanks to the child minding facilities on the train home!!!!

Looking forward to more days like yesterday.

It was a leeds song.

Marching on together

We're gonna see you win

Na na na na na

We are so proud

We shout it out loud

I.......C.......T !

Yeah they were, certainly English anyway.

It was a leeds song.

Marching on together

We're gonna see you win

Na na na na na

We are so proud

We shout it out loud

I.......C.......T !

Yeah they were, certainly English anyway.

He has a lot of Welsh blood in him but drinks John Smiths :)

Great day out in Sunny Fife yesterday. Loved it A_THUM~1.GIF

Hayes' and Stratford's goals were beautiful ~ hard-hit and unstoppable.

Odhiambo was clear through a couple of times and should definitely have had a pop rather than a pass.

Didn't see any lack of effort or poor attitude from Foran. As always he was defending as much as he was attacking. He doesn't half cover some ground. He lays off some excellent balls too. Very intelligent player. Unselfish.

Horrendous amount of hoofing out of defence. Ugh stop.gif

Having spent many years down south where I followed (Dirty) Leeds home and away I was chuffed/amazed to hear 'Marching On Together' adapted for ICT! Sounded great clapping.gif

Excellent result. Am loving this weird feeling of optimism dance3.gif

Was an incredibly boring first 65 mins. We only had one chance from Foran early on in the first half and Raith only had one chance as well where Esson made a good save

The goal came out of nowhere as well but Raith fell apart after that and it turned out to be a great day.

You just get the feeling that the league is going to burst into life during the next few weeks. If we win our next 2 home games the away day at Dundee is going to be massive

First half was only memorable for a great Esson save. Hayes looked dangerous but got no service as the defence were humping aimless hoofs as far as possible. Rooney was totally isolated & had no support. Eric looked like he had no business being on the pitch.

Second half was a complete change (tactics from Butcher shock!). Eric played just behind Rooney & Foran was pressing up the left wing. We were still trying to pass the ball when a shot was needed but then the Raith keeper kindly allowed us to score (excellent chasing by Rooney) & the opposition slowly crumbled. Could easily have been 5 or 6 by the end.

Thanks to Raith Rovers for a very fair edit, it must have been hard to do.

Nice physical work fro Rooney, pushing the keeper like that, I knew these chargedowns would work eventually.

Storming kick from Hayes and Stratford and good cleanup from Bully wish I was there to hear the train!