Raith Rovers -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody posted this photo on P&B:

MP_v_Inverness_130210_McGurn_Rooney.JPG

It looked like a clear hand-ball at the time and Raith have every right to feel hard done by as that was the moment that changed the game. Until that point, we had created very little, partly due to a succession of woeful hoofs form the back and partly due to the organisation of the Raith team who prevented our creative players from finding any space.

As well as that handball, it looks as though Rooney wrestles the keeper to beat him to the ball and poke it into the net. Fortunate that the goal stood, but tough. Time we got a wee break.

Delighted with the result on saturday. Wasnt the best of performances for 65 mins (the pitch didnt help) but the way they grew in confidence after the first goal was very impressive. Ive said it before but its really promising and a good sign when we are getting results when not playing at our best.

We were really solid at the back and everyone worked so hard for the victory. I have to agree with pele is god about foran and his attitude though. He does drift in and out of games. He worked hard on saturday but at one point he went in for two tackles, never got the ball and just completely gave up and stopped running. He could do better cos in my opinion he is our best player.

Ive got to give a mention to the away support on saturday. I slated the support down at airdrie on a previous thread but i have to say it was brilliant. We turned out in good numbers and everyone got right behind them.

I was particularly pleased at full time when a chant of "there's only one terry butcher" was started. He deserved that. He has had a lot of slack from this forum but its clear that he is building a very strong team. He gets my full backing.

The ball may well have hit Rooney's hand or arm, but that doesn't necessarily make it a foul. Was it intentional? When the ball was blasted at him could he have got his hands out of the way?

I'm sure somebody with refereeing knowledge can clarify the rules on this.

The ball may well have hit Rooney's hand or arm, but that doesn't necessarily make it a foul. Was it intentional? When the ball was blasted at him could he have got his hands out of the way?

Think this would be fair enough if his hands were by his side, but the fact that he's got his arms in the air would blow it out the water methinks.. Not totally sure though.

Somebody posted this photo on P&B:

MP_v_Inverness_130210_McGurn_Rooney.JPG

It looked like a clear hand-ball at the time and Raith have every right to feel hard done by as that was the moment that changed the game. Until that point, we had created very little, partly due to a succession of woeful hoofs form the back and partly due to the organisation of the Raith team who prevented our creative players from finding any space.

We get harsh decisions made against us a lot of the time so we were finally getting some good luck :lol:

what goes around comes around!!

Think this would be fair enough if his hands were by his side, but the fact that he's got his arms in the air would blow it out the water methinks.. Not totally sure though.

Ball to hand, he was perfectly entitled to challenge for the ball and the goal which followed.

For the fact he raised his arms and gained an advantage from it the goal shouldn't have stood..... ah well.... 5hit happens :lol:

I'm quickly coming to like Starks. The setup is nice and relaxed and the stewards are dead on.

I agree, so friendly.

As we approached the ground one of the many loitering stewards pointed out the appropriate turnstiles and said, 'Hope you enjoy the game...' Brilliant!

Others we encountered were just the same, as was the copper standing at the top of a stairwell inside the ground. Very genial. A refreshing change good.gif

I'm quickly coming to like Starks. The setup is nice and relaxed and the stewards are dead on.

I agree, so friendly.

As we approached the ground one of the many loitering stewards pointed out the appropriate turnstiles and said, 'Hope you enjoy the game...' Brilliant!

Others we encountered were just the same, as was the copper standing at the top of a stairwell inside the ground. Very genial. A refreshing change good.gif

Agree. As we approached the ground the steward pointed out the parent and child gate and also wished us to enjoy the game. It was the same at Dunfermline the police told us not to go into the ground right away in case it did not go ahead due to the snow and to go and get a cup of tea at the neighbouring garage. The stewards were also really pleasant and when we paid to go in the gateman told us to hold onto our tickets in case the game was abandoned and we needed to get out money refunded. Seems to be really friendly set ups at both grounds.