FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

really disappointed with result. we were all over them and definitely the better team. hey ho. at least it is a point but I still can't believe that deflection that gave them the equaliser. keep seeing it again and again! Foran for captain.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's gonna be an affy ticht feenish tae the season! Dundee are not the best and Jocky's tic-tacs oft leave the rational among us baffled! Big result for Dundee today all things considered, and again you boys played us off the park and shat yir breeks at the end! See you for the last game of the season when the thousands of Dundee supporters descend upon Inverschneckie and take over the town...

Get_out_of_jail_free.gif

Great result for us today, ICT outplayed us for 70 mins nae arguments fae me, but confidence seems to go oot the windae when yer put under pressure,cant believe we came away with a point but felt like a winner when Harkins deflected shot dribbled in. Think i'll come along on Tuesday night , not sure who i want to win,spose a draw would be nice :005:

Of all the garages in all the world, i had to pull into the one where Manni and Caley100 were filling up :011: nae luck lads :)

The biggest disappointment is that ICT yet again fail to win a must-win game. Is it a question of bottle, or are we unlucky. We were certainly unlucky today, and those questioning Munro's captaincy are a joke. A captain leads by example, and a good captain doesn't need to bawl at his players.

Agreed, a good captain doesn't need to bawl at his players.... except when they get stuff wrong. He also needs to rev them up and encourage them to victory. Munro does none of that.

Nor can they spell Danni Sanchez's name right. It has two Ns.

You are right of course. According to most sites, there are two N's, one in Dani, and one in Sanchez. Instead of criticising openly, do a little research, or has he told you personally that they all spell it wrong. Or am I wrong???

Regarding Rooney missing the "sitter" from Erics "mishit" cross..............what utter tosh. Eric picked out a ball to the far post, unfortunately when Rooney arrived the ball was very close to the goal line and just beyond the back post. It would have been very difficult to score from that angle, but it would have looked like he missed an open goal from different viewpoints. The free kick that ultimately led to their opener. Cox stood his ground and I don't think he even jumped to nod the ball forward. The Dee player appeared to bounce off of Cox as he flexed his muscles for the impact, ref awards a free kick. Harkins hit a rubbish one which bounced back off the foot of the wall and Kerr hit a screamer down the centre of the goal which was swerving a bit. Unfortunately for Esson he was caught flat footed by the ferocity of the shot or maybe just on the wrong bounce of his toes, but the ball whistled into the net at head height.

Eric was woeful at the start and took half an hour to control the ball. His touch was non existant. He could not tackle a fish supper. He looked better as we started going forward and it was his turn on the edge of the Dee box that enabled him to feed Rooney for the cross to assist Foran. Our defence was coping brilliantly with the talented Dundee forwards and they had littl opportunity to trouble Esson, although he had to palm one over after we stopped playing when the ball appeared to go over the side lines for a throw in to us. We looked superior to Dundee in all departments and came out of the blocks in sensational fashion with Foran netting early. Dundee were on the ropes and it was no surprise that we scored a good second, Eric getting the tap in after good work by Foran and Rooney. Russell Duncan was having a ball, ably assisted by Coxy. Rooney was fantastic again, really growing into the lone striker role. Foran as ever worked his socks off. Hayes was fairly quiet, but reasonably effective when he got on the ball, although he seems to have gone off the boil a little. Defenders coped well until the late freak show.

I did however take something back from Dundee. Food poisoning. Anyone else struggling after eating a steak pie???

Was at the Game very Disappointed we did not win Golabeck was all over Griffiths in the whole of the game the only major let down was Bulvites what a load of rubbish he is, it was pointless trying to get him signed until the end of the season. we threw 2 points away and unfortunately probabley the chance of bouncing back up to the spl which will not happen unless we beat the rest including the double against county.

Steak Pie/Guinness Combi................no ill effects Mannie, more likely to have choked on the "free" Kitkat from Naelifts!!

Bit harsh on Bully US2, the lad played pretty well over the peice and could do nothing about the ball deflecting of his erse for the equaliser.

Lack of self belief once again did for us against this pretty ordinary lot, they seem to continually carry all the luck and get every dodgy decision going.

You are right of course. According to most sites, there are two N's, one in Dani, and one in Sanchez. Instead of criticising openly, do a little research, or has he told you personally that they all spell it wrong. Or am I wrong???

TM4TJ, you might want to look at that screenshot again. In the report it has one "n" but in the squad list on the right it has 2!

The report is correct.

As has been pointed out on here before (several times) all the stats/table info etc on the official site is controlled by a third party company which is centralised for all PremiumTV sites and it isn't all that reliable. It is therefore very likely that the error on the squad list is not of the clubs doing.

I'll check later, I'm, busy just now.

A lot of the naysayers and doom and gloom merchants were not at the game. The guys played decent enough and once again more than matched Dundee. They will be just as gutted at not taking all three points. It's unfair some of the knee jerk reactions to us not holding on, disappointing as it is, but Dundee take some of the credit for battling back instead of dropping their heads.

Why do people insist on typing their "accents". Its as bad as text speech.

First of all, when you posit a question you must finish with a question mark (?).

'It's' is an abbreviation of 'it' together with 'is' so therefore must be punctuated with an apostrophe.

Furthermore, why does accents require to be put into inverted commas?

Please don't be pedantic about the writing styles of others, when you fail miserably to punctuate a simple sentence!

At the game yesterday and thought we played well. Looked like we had a game plan and as the game wore on we grew stronger and looked like it was going to be our day. As our previous encounters with Dundee we seem to lose composure when we gave away the first goal then and panic sets in. Dundee then seem to have a belief they can beat us and rack up the pressure. It's at times like this you are looking for the players to step up to the plate and be counted but unfortunately the ball is like a hot potato and nobody seems to be able to control/hold/pass it.

I don't think we will go up this season (hope I am proved wrong) but I think there are signs the team will be a force next season. Rooney is one player who has improved immensely and looks physically stronger. If they can add a playmaker, somebody who can take control of the game within midfield I am sure we very difficult to beat.

Absolutely gutted we were the better team up until the 75th minute where we crumbled. Munro is not captain material from what I saw today. Golly will you please work on your passing it was absolutely atrocious, good crunching tackle on Griffiths though 2nd half. We still have a chance... Oh and Richie Foran was the best player on the park by a country mile, quality, aggression and lots of effort.

JC_gimmefive.gif

Everyone can sum things up better than me, so I'll just jump on the back of Pele Is God's report and say I agree with every point he's made.

We more than matched Dundee and were unlucky with their equaliser.

It's still all to play for and, like Wilson, I BELIEVE victory.gif

I did however take something back from Dundee. Food poisoning. Anyone else struggling after eating a steak pie???

After the warnings on another thread about price and standard of pies, I was prepared, I bought a couple of lovely pies (95p each) in a great bakers in town before heading up to the ground. Unfortunatly my irn bru was confiscated from mrs dude,( if ever anyone looked like a trouble maker, its her!!!) by the ever happy and helpfull Taysides best.

I have heard a lot about the standard of stewarding at Dens Park over the years, and unfortunatly its all true. I would also add, the Tayside polis into the same category, USELESS!!!!

Edit because h key is knackered, needed to use ammer on it

Edited by Dewsburydude

Yes you are wrong. I've just checked the back of last weeks Ayr programme and his name is quite clearly spelt as "Danni".