FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dearest Terry,

You may or may not know but my job on the lifeline ferry service between the Scottish mainland and the Shetland Isles sees me away from home for a good portion of the season. I have only two matches left during my leave, QOS away and Dunfermline at home, whilst I would dearly love to make the QOS match I fear that there is only a 10% chance but nothing could keep me away from the Dunfermline match. I am just asking a wee favour, which I would gladly return (within reason) at your beckoning, can we please wrap up this league on the 10th of April? It would surely take away the headlines from Dross C*unty who will be valiantly battling to keep their deficit down to under double figures at Hampden Park and I would have a great excuse to fall out with my liver again.

Many thanks for your understanding big man,

The (not so) Reverend birdog.

Dont think we can possibly have the league mathematically won by the 10th due to County's games in hand.

Yes, the most points we can get to by 10/4 is 64, and even if all results were to go our way, C*nty could get to 65 and QoS could also get to 64.

This is UNBELEIVABLE!

Four points clear with the other team's still with up to 27 points to be won and theres people talking about how soon we can win the league and when theyd like to win it. And this is the SECOND thread like it. Can you imagine the delight that other club's fans (especially Countys) will have if ICT dont actually win this and they can wave these threads in your face?

This is cockyness in the extreme and its downright daft. Do youre celebrating when and if the title is won.

And by the way to put some people out of there misery, acording to my uncle whose very good at maths the 13th IS the earliest that ICT could win the league - BUT JUST DONT GO THERE!

This is UNBELEIVABLE!

Four points clear with the other team's still with up to 27 points to be won and theres people talking about how soon we can win the league and when theyd like to win it. And this is the SECOND thread like it. Can you imagine the delight that other club's fans (especially Countys) will have if ICT dont actually win this and they can wave these threads in your face?

This is cockyness in the extreme and its downright daft. Do youre celebrating when and if the title is won.

And by the way to put some people out of there misery, acording to my uncle whose very good at maths the 13th IS the earliest that ICT could win the league - BUT JUST DONT GO THERE!

100% agreed. It's in our hands and we are playing well but there is still plenty of games to go and nothing has been won yet.

Who cares about the maths?

Let's have belief - not fear.

We are SPL.

I BELIEVE !!!!!

Quite right - cautious optimism is all very well, but we ARE an SPL team. We've proven it before, and we will prove it again.

We just have to make sure that when we get there next time we stay there!!!

Not a wind up at all, I BELIEVE we are capable of winning all our games up until after the Dunfermiline match full time whistle, I also believe C*unty will drop 6 points and Dundee four points, job's a good 'un.

Iain what have I got to lose? I am happiest I have been as an ICT supporter for a long time, when we win the league I am going to be happier, if we throw it away then at least I have enjoyed the time until it becomes mathematically impossible to win it, others however will have missed out on a large amount of joy during the time we are flying high.

Why so many nay sayers? If Birdog wants to believe then what's the problem? If it makes him happy why does it bother so many people? As he said at least he is enjoying himself. If he is setting himself up for a fall then so be it. He's a big boy he'll get over it. There are too many people who don't want to accept that it is possible. Is it because they would have to accept that TB has done what no-one thought he could? Until it is physically impossible to win we should have faith in TB and the team and believe that it can be done.

sport-smiley-5537.gif