FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

But What About the Pies?

MacBandy

Great game and not wanting to put a damper on these good times but......how hard can it be to get the refreshments situation sorted?

Huge queues for over or undercooked pies that mean you either have to miss 10 mins of the first or second half to get served. The price has gone up astronomically for a much reduced service (and it wasn't much cop before).

Today in the main stand they simply stopped serving one of the lines as they were 'understaffed' no apology, no solution. People who had been waiting for ages were left to either start again, give up, or the more assertive to negotiate access to another line who had already been waiting far too long themselves. The attitude of the staff to the understandable frustration was one of bad language and hostility.

When I finally got served my order was wrong and the pies were way overcooked.

The half time queue at the Bridge side was far longer than I have EVER seen it. With a crowd of just 3.5K this is silly.

if we can put a man on the moon....we can sort this....if we really care about the fans. A half time pie and drink is a major part of the footy experience.

How hard can it be?

i dont usually bother buying anything from the kiosks but was going to yesterday until i seen the que. the guy that sits next to me had the misfortune of getting a pie though which looked totally nuked so im glad i never bothered. what happened to bringing the cabin in between north and main stands?

It's not rocket science to get this sort of thing right. If fans are left feeling they've been ripped off and are being given a sub-standard product then it reflects badly on the club. When it comes to customer service and customer satisfaction, Scottish football clubs are in the dark ages.

Just read report in the paper - Headline was : Caley scrape through in Pieless thriller - Inverness Caledonian Thistle stayed at the top of the SFL with last gasp Richie Foran winner. The result and the celebrations were marred by the lack of pies on offer at half time, apparently a result of staff shortages which led to lengthy queues and overcooked pies.

Terry Butcher, in his after match interview said: "It was a great game and a great result but the queues for the overcooked pies took the icing of the cake. Some of the players were distraught afterwards and many went straight home. I will ensure that a full investigation will ensue. This club is all about providing edible pies. I would have traded Richie's winner for a hot tasty Tattie pie maself.

Just read report in the paper - Headline was : Caley scrape through in Pieless thriller - Inverness Caledonian Thistle stayed at the top of the SFL with last gasp Richie Foran winner. The result and the celebrations were marred by the lack of pies on offer at half time, apparently a result of staff shortages which led to lengthy queues and overcooked pies.

Terry Butcher, in his after match interview said: "It was a great game and a great result but the queues for the overcooked pies took the icing of the cake. Some of the players were distraught afterwards and many went straight home. I will ensure that a full investigation will ensue. This club is all about providing edible pies. I would have traded Richie's winner for a hot tasty Tattie pie maself.

:angry: :angry: :angry: Fair Play. Tidy. Off to cook me own pie for breakfast!

It's poor. It seems that Lindley's aren't committed to providing an acceptable service. The area manager said there would be changes/supervision, etc. Yet understaffing is what actually happens.

Why are these people running it? Because they gave ICT the biggest cut. Poor show.

It's annoying that the service is so bad, i avoided the queues by getting a drink during the game, i missed their goal and was forced to pay 2 quid for a watered down coke. Really bad, when you consider clach have the best pie's in Britain (according to four four two magazine) that are cheaper than the ***** we pay for. If we used their pie's, we would be supporting a local buisness, rather than some weegie company.

Just a couple of things to say on the subject.

ICT fans (and away support) are being RIPPED OFFF big time with the prices

Lindley are trying to tell us that we are being served award winning pies. Thats Bullsh1t IMHO.

I reckon the awful steak pie i had was a reheat from tuesday...and i am serious!

My steak pie was the opposite. Doughy pastry and lukewarm. Lucky Caley100 paid for it and no me.

I reckon the pies were the reason the ref added on time and Foranisgod got the spectacular overhead kick.

Or maybe it was the goalie's fault the time got added on as we were shouting getitupyeyatimewastingbassa after the spectacular overhead kick went in.

All too often forgotten on the subject are the serious public health aspects of serving up badly heated, reheated and half defrosted pies to the fans.

They better watch out in case the local food hygiene people get wind of this sort of thing going on.

When this new company started I was quite eager to try them out and see what the hype was all about. I personally have bought a pie before matches pretty religiously over the last few years, but after the rip off price I paid for it and the shoddy product I received, I haven't had one since. I think since then I've bought one bovril a few months ago, and a Coke against Motherwell (which tasted about 90% old water). Haven't had anything since, and nor will I until things change in a big big way.

How have they alleviated the situation of a congested concourse - by getting the customers to start queuing outside! That was the situation in main stand "away" end servery pre-match.

As for half time, I've certainly not seen queues like those yesterday for a long long time. I've only used them once, will never buy anything from them ever again. Another vote for Macdougall and Hastie from me!

My mate bought a steak pie also yesterday. He got it from a different grill than mine. The difference between the two pies, visually and texturally speaking was quite amazing! I was actually planning asking for a different pie...but didnt wanna look a douche, so just took the one i was given.

Really bad, when you consider clach have the best pie's in Britain (according to four four two magazine) that are cheaper than the ***** we pay for. If we used their pie's, we would be supporting a local buisness, rather than some weegie company.

Too right - stuff the contracting out to corporate profit makers, get in local pies, and support the Inverness economy! Better all round.

Its MacDougall and Hastie who make the best pies in the UK football stadiums. They are the champions and the best all round pies. However if they pies we are getting are the runners up as we are led to believe, no wonder MacDougal and Hastie won.

I would not mind the cost being the same extortionate rate at the moment IF they used our own local butchers best.

COME ON CALEY, PULL THE PLUG ON THESE RIP OFF MERCHANTS. THEY THINK THEY CAN PULL THE WOOL OVER OUR EYES, YOUR INCOME AT THE PIE STANDS WILL GO DOWN IF WE KEEP GETTING THIS CRUD

mocking.gif Brilliant!

I had a barely warm pie at the game too...

Even with that, there was still some burnt gravy all round the crust & that was before the game started....

I'm really surprised that nobody had asked environmental health to check them out...

:022: :toilet01: :toilet01: :toilet01:

I dont know why ICT can't just employ the staff & run it themselves...

How difficult could it be??? And then all profits made would go to the club..

Did anyone else notice that from a couple of weeks ago, they are now serving the coke in smaller cups???