FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Orion Group are the new sponsor

caleyrule

My dad just phoned to say MFR have just announced that the Orion Group are the new ICT sponsors and have signed a new 2 year deal with the club but he can't remember how much they said the deal was worth

http://caleythistleonline.com/news/footbal...t-sponsor-orion

Great news that we've managed to secure a new sponsor so quickly. Aside from the fact that it throws a bit more money in the pot early doors (helps with planning), it also means that we're not, fingers crossed, likely to face too many delays when it comes to producing the home kit for next season (one less hurdle if nothing else).

Looking down my "big news outstanding" list, that just leaves details/pics of the new home kit and season ticket prices to be announced. Pretty good going with only 10 days of the close season under our belt. At this rate, we'll be running out of stuff to talk about and no cause for any moans or complaints come June...what on earth am I going to do with my Summer!!! :lol:

Great news indeed.

I am sure that we will manage to find something to moan about, but not sure if it can be catering RiG as the issues are already being addressed.

Please to see Orion back involved with the club and it does suggest a better working relationship with Orion over the period.

I am sure that we will manage to find something to moan about, but not sure if it can be catering RiG as the issues are already being addressed.

Boooooooooo! Ma pies ernie hot enuff :lol: :angry: :angry:

Will it be the same tops with the orion logo stuck on them?

The home top will be a new design and will sport the Orion logo.

The away kit will be the same as last seasons one but will have the Orion name on it instead of Flybe.com.

Not surprised by this in the slightest. I had heard a rumour that this was actually on the cards just prior to Flybe extending their deal by a further year.

Alan Savage, as well as being a shareholder of some 12 or so %, is also a fan of the club. This is an excellent way for his company and ICT to benifit without him being seen as furthering any quest to increase his shareholding, and thus, powerbase within the company.

Seems to suggest that relations between messers Savage and Sutherland might not be a poor as might once have been the case.

Get the inference from the press release that the deal might not be just as lucrative as the recent Flybe sponsorship but very welcome news nontheless.

In the current economic climate I would be very surprised if the deal was as good as we'd had with Flybe. In fact, the Flybe deal was considered to be extremely generous comparable to what clubs of a similar level to ourselves had been/are getting. I forget who it was I was talking to (a fan of someone like Falkirk, Pars or something) who said that they considered ?50k/?60k a year as good business for them on the shirt sponsorship front....so 6 figures over 2 years would seem like it's decent enough.

Further to that, having a Sponsor with a genuine interest in the club will hopefully bring benefits in other areas as they prove more willing to work with us as opposed to just throwing some cash at the club in return for name on shirt and whatever else they can squeeze from the deal for themselves. Not suggesting for one second this was the case with Flybe (far from it) or any past sponsors, but I have seen it happen in other sponsorship situations where companies expect almost as much back in perks as they hand over in cash.

Delighted with this news for sure, cant say i saw this one coming though, maybe the rumours of a rift between DS and Alan Savage are not more than just a rumour eh?

The good thing about this of course, is the last time Orion/Savage were involved, new ideas seemed more likely to happen and a more progressive stance in running things was taken up. Remember it wasn't that long ago Savage wanted to build a real shop at Caley Park.

Edited by Renegade

Alan Savage, as well as being a shareholder of some 12 or so %, is also a fan of the club. This is an excellent way for his company and ICT to benifit without him being seen as furthering any quest to increase his shareholding, and thus, powerbase within the company.

:bighug:

Getting a sponsor, any sponsor, is great news. The fact that it is Orion and a local company is even better.

If there is/was a rift between AS and DFS - and there is plenty of material to suggest there was - then hopefully this either signifies that it was not as great as it was made out to be or if it was, that the main parties involved have put aside any differences to do what is best for ICT. I certainly hope so as I have often said that I felt ICT would move forward if these two local businessmen could work together for the good and benefit of our club.

Will it be the same tops with the orion logo stuck on them?

The home top will be a new design and will sport the Orion logo.

The away kit will be the same as last seasons one but will have the Orion name on it instead of Flybe.com.

Thankyou :bighug:

Getting a sponsor, any sponsor, is great news. The fact that it is Orion and a local company is even better.

If there is/was a rift between AS and DFS - and there is plenty of material to suggest there was - then hopefully this either signifies that it was not as great as it was made out to be or if it was, that the main parties involved have put aside any differences to do what is best for ICT. I certainly hope so as I have often said that I felt ICT would move forward if these two local businessmen could work together for the good and benefit of our club.

Delighted as stated previously.

Not sure I can agree with the "plenty of material to suggest there was" though. Lots of "Benny Hill" type innuendo but when asked to give any example or substantive evidence that our new sponsor was so badly treated, the silence was deafening. His commitment to the club would suggest that the "innuendo merchants" were wrong and the his treatment couldn't have been that bad despite pages of posts suggesting the contrary.