FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

PLayers Roles

BornCaley

First of all my experience of Football Management is FM, so im not an expert, but im sure we all agree having a players who are ace at taking Free kicks, long throws or corners can win games. Do ICT have players who are cabaple of filling these roles at the moment. In the past we had Imrie & Black who were a dab hand at free kicks, but not sure where we stand now. A good long throw is as good as a corner, so i would love to see ICT throwing that ball at the keeper.

thoughts or answers please?

Have we had a set piece expert (corners and free kicks) since Barry Robson?

As for long throws in attacking positions, Munro is the best we've got. However, he has taken hundreds of them over the years and I can't recall a single goal resulting.

Our last season in the SPL was a disaster as far as long throws were concerned (apart from relegation) Grant was the only player that could throw near the box, and they were most of the time totally wasted... and left him way out of position.

Unless another player comes forward with the ability to chuck it into the box i would forget it.

I read an article somewhere saying that Blumstein hits a cracking free kick, scored an absolute belter last year in a trial match

I think the problem with our throw ins last year was that we were too slow. Too often by the time we were ready to throw the ball we had waited too long and the opposition had time to mark our players

We have been lacking a decent set-piece taker for sometime.. Hayes takes corners at the moment only because he's too small to win a header but some of his corners have been absolutely mince.

That was really why I was shouting my mouth off that Butcher should sign Bob Harris.. as well as filling a position he is more than capable of scraping us the odd point or 3 from dead ball situations.

I hope that one of our new signings is capable of scoring a freekick or 2 because it could be the difference between keeping us in the league.

We have been lacking a decent set-piece taker for sometime..

I completely agree, would love to see a player in the team who has a dangerous set-piece, adds more scoring potential

That was really why I was shouting my mouth off that Butcher should sign Bob Harris.. as well as filling a position he is more than capable of scraping us the odd point or 3 from dead ball situations.

It all seems to have gone quiet with him, last i heard Dundee were buying him, any word on whats going on with him?

We have been lacking a decent set-piece taker for sometime..

I completely agree, would love to see a player in the team who has a dangerous set-piece, adds more scoring potential

It all seems to have gone quiet with him, last i heard Dundee were buying him, any word on whats going on with him?

na not heard anything... I doubt he'll be coming here though if Butcher isn't wanting to spend cash... also he seems to prefer players from down south