FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fleetwood Town v ICT matchday thread

caleyrule

So are we expecting to win this one?

We really ought to, but its always hard to predict pre-season friedlies, especially against a "foreign" team.

They are a non league team, we should be beating them comfortably!

:slap:

Guest Mahonio

According to Fleetwood match centre, we were on top in last few minutes with Rooney (more than once) and Innes coming close.

We really ought to, but its always hard to predict pre-season friedlies, especially against a "foreign" team.

We should be putting 4 or 5 past a non league team with ease. Disappointing showing.

Guest Mahonio

We should be putting 4 or 5 past a non league team with ease. Disappointing showing.

No, that makes us sound cocky and sound like Old Firm fans :_thumbdown:

Also, don't you think we should credit there resolve because we were all over them near end supposedly?

Not too concerned about the result. It's only a friendly, to be honest we haven't exactly set the heather on fire so far in pre-season.

This. Can't set too much store by a friendly result, especially with Foran and Hayes missing. Will be interested to read IHE & Red Card's thoughts on the game - if they can remember any of it after their Russian-themed breakfast.

Edited by alternative maryhill

Can't remember the last time I felt like this :_thumbdown:

the horribal sinking feeling.

well that one has brought us back down to earth with a BUMP

Dear, dear, I'd hate to think how you'd feel it was a real game!

Can't remember the last time I felt like this :_thumbdown:

the horribal sinking feeling.

well that one has brought us back down to earth with a BUMP

Dear, dear, I'd hate to think how you'd feel it was a real game!

Sorry, just annoyed today.

Hopefully stockport will be better.

Wakey wakey folks, it's a pre-season kickabout. We lost, big deal. Lets not all get our knickers in a twist about this one. When the big games start, the big players will be playing and that's when to judge them. Fleetwood Town are probably a decent side and the SPL is just an average league, we have no rights to be talking about thrashing these kind of teams and if it is a wake up call then good.

• Agree 1

Exactly, I've heard people say that the Conference is about SFL1 standard, so it's not really much of a big deal. It would really be no different to a semi-strong ICT side losing to say Ross County or QOTS in a pre-season friendly. Remember, a pretty decent standard SPL ICT side got beat 2-1 Peterhead a couple of years ago.

Edited by Renegade

Whilst I agree it is only a pre season friendly it is also good to start playing together as a unit again

Think this still emphasises we struggle when Foran and Hayes not playing, esp Foran.

Wasn't there so would be interested to hear how those who have made the trek down thought we actually played, as I think we lack someone up front who can hold up the ball consistently as we will generally play with 1 up and support coming from midfield

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I can't believe so many folk are getting wound up over a friendly result. As has been said the key thing here is fitness and getting the players used to playing together again as well as integrating any new signings into the starting XI. Man City were beaten 2 - 0 by Sporting Lisbon the other day and their players aren't fussed because they know it's just about the fitness. The same applies to ICT.

• Agree 2