FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Charlies comments

Bridge_Ender

Charlies comment on tomorrows game (Inverness Courier

"When you go to places like Ibrox you have to frustrate Rangers and make life difficult for them and we'll be going there on Saturday to do just that."

What kind of attitude is that?! Every bloody team does that and when you sit and let them come at you they will over run us... We should be going to Ibrox to try and take the game to them which has been proved to work by any team that has the balls to actually challenge them!

Maybe you have not noticed but for the last  two and a half seasons that is what we have been doing for away games, and itys been quite successful has it not, only Celtic had a better away rcord than us last season.

I think CC is quite right to play the way we know best, the way to get humped by the old firm is to try to play open football against them.

I'm sure Walter Smith said something very similar to that before the Scotland match!!

There is fine lines between optimism, realism & pessimism

Charlie has it spot on IMO, we have to frustrate the team by not loosing an early goal, the crowd gets on their back because they haven't scored and then we give ourselves a chance to grab a goal.  If we went out at Ibrox all guns blazing and then Rangers catch us on the counter attack (and they have more than adequate players to do that) then we could end up loosing 4 or 5 goals.  The key is to keep it a tight game and grind out the result.... that is just being realistic!!!

how do we know thats actually what he's gonna do ? it could be truth, bluff, or double-bluff .... Would you reveal your full tactics truthfully to an opponent the day before a game or just give the journos a soundbite and then tell those that matter - ie your team - how its gonna be ?

I can see it now ....

Pepe Le Pew in the Rangers dressing room before the game ... "bonjour mes amis, Aujourd'hui we play Caley Thistle ... Charlie has given us his 'Tactique de jeu' and this is what we will do ......"

at half-time "Oh merde .... "

at full-time "Charlie est un bâtard adroit"

of course, Barry understands every word  :015:

I would be disappointed to see us with a 4-5-1 formation for the whole match, should just see what happens in the opening 20 minutes.We should have nothing to fear we are more than capable of getting the three points if we believe in ourselves. :003:

TBH - the best overall Away displays that I have witnessed in the SPL have been at Castle Greykull, Easter Road and Tynecastle. You have to play it tight fer the first 20-30 minutes as they usually come out with all guns blazing. Of course you frustrate them but we have the stamina and the energy to start going forward on the break, especially wide on the wings - where I hope Rankin and Wilson will be - with holding midfielders in between. Rangers are also dangerous out wide. The longer the game goes on in a stalemate the more the chance of an upset there is..and ya can go fer 2 attackers in the last 15-20 minutes as we usually do.

OK, I take on board that this is the way we have played away from home and it has gained success. Don't understand the point about not revealing our tactics though, you can't have it both ways! Surely by saying that Charlie is giving away the tactics?!

I still think the attitude is overly negative though... why come out and say that?? I think we should always be stressing we are going to have a go and take the game to the other side. I've just always hoped we would never have the attitudes of, for example, Kilmarnock or a Motherwell where the primary object is not to lose and pile 11 men behind the ball...

Guest Sandy Cromarty

When Andrew Carnegie made it from railway clerk to multi millionaire with his company, which is now US steel, he made more than a few enemies along the way with his sharp business practices, so some of these rivals managed to take him into court on some trumped up charge, during the course of the trial the proscecuting lawyer attempted to show Carnegies ineptness at the day to day running of a big business and he showed a set of company accounts to Carnegie and asked him to explain what they meant, Carnegie looked at them and said he couldn't, the lawyer then dramatically said, 'You mean you don't understand how a set of company accounts works?'  Carnegie then famously replied ' No, but I pay a man who does!'. the case was thrown out.

So, the moral of the story? we the fans know everything about tictacs and Charlie knows feck all??

Let our Charlie get on with it, thats what he's paid for, is the story.

Suprising that everyone has interpreted the use of the word "Frustrate" as meaning we are going to sit tight and hit on the break.  Surely it would be far more frustrating for Rangers if we were to go out all guns blazing and get the first goal (and perhaps the second aswell)???

Frustrating the Rangers fans, as well as their players, is the key here - once 45,000 start attacking their own players, it won't do our lads any harm.  The longer the game stays goalless the better for us.

I agree with IHE on this one.

De temps en temps tout va bien pour le Rangerrrrs. N'est ce pas?

I zink that ze Caleeeeeee will get ze roasting eeef my playerrrs do as they are telt ....and melt them..

On ze other hand, de temps en temps je ne sais quoi--c'est un sine qua non, oui? :016 :012:

C'mon Caley Thistle.......yesss! :016: :clapping04:

Charlies comment on tomorrows game (Inverness Courier

"When you go to places like Ibrox you have to frustrate Rangers and make life difficult for them and we'll be going there on Saturday to do just that."

What kind of attitude is that?! Every bloody team does that and when you sit and let them come at you they will over run us... We should be going to Ibrox to try and take the game to them which has been proved to work by any team that has the balls to actually challenge them!

- Still unhappy about this approach, Bridge Ender?!  :003:  :003:  :003:

Just back from the game Yngwie and absolutely delighted with the result!

As for tactics, I don't think we really sat in and invited Rangers to come at us. Nor did we put 11 behind the ball at all times. What we did was counter attack fantastically and we always had 2/3 options when breaking out. Well, until the last 15 mins when it was all hands to the pump!

MY gripe was with the attitude of just going to frustrate and not saying we were going to have a go. The tactics today were spot on