FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT v Peterhead

12th Man

This game was a stroll in the park for us and Peterhead were as feckless as United were on Sunday. They never troubled Tuffey. Jonny Hayes never got involved in much but Rooney and Eric continued the good work.

Duncan did hit the post with a belter, one was cleared off the line and Eric sliced one over from close range. We never exerted ourselves too much and the game just petered out at the end.

ZZZZzzzzzzzzz

1001 fans at the game.

Just back from the most one-sided game I've seen in years. Very quite night for Tuffey with just the odd back pass to deal with. Got the impression in the second half, minds were very much on the Hamilton game.

Rooney well deserved MoM. This wasn't one of Eric's better nights, but it didn't matter.

Good performances from Cox at right back, also Munro, Ross and Hayes.

Bring on the Hamilton!

Leisurely performance tonight.

3rd goal was superb, great turn by Odi and then he threaded through to Rooney and skinned a defender before placing into the far corner.

Gavin Morrison played well when he came on and Nick never stopped working all game, good showing for the youngsters.

Looking forward to Saturday.

Totally agree with the above - With Russell hitting the post, Eric shooting over from about 9 yards and their goalie making a good save from Shinnie and a couple of others it could have been more but this was a canter for ICT with the lads strolling through the game in a proffessional way as all good teams do. Rooney was superb in both attack and defence, young Nick Ross made some lovely runs down the left and the others didn't do much wrong also the strike by russell the goalie tipped over the bar was terrific.

Aren't the nights getting colder now too - a very autumnal feel to them. :ictscarf:

Jnr reports its all Peterhead at the mo' Denzil has come close too.. :irritated:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Gotcha!!! :thumbup:

Just back from the game. Decent enough performance and would say Peterhead were only really in it until the penalty.

Agree that we were only on a canter for much of the game and a far cry from the amazing specticle of United on Sunday. Still, a win is win. Clean sheet a bonus. Bring on the next round.

I also kept my eye on Denzil who had one or two decent touches, but he seemed like he was a lone striker tonight and not able to get too involved. A shame really, and even some of the lads near me were wanting a denzil goal :clapping:

The boys in the north stand with the vuvuzellas worked up more sweat than the ICT players had to.First half was pretty pish and we were lucky to go in 2 up but we looked decent second half. 3rd goal was a peach with great play from Eric and Rooney.

Roll on saturday and lets send wee fat Billy Reid packing.

Really boring game. The only exciting part was the build up play and Rooneys new party trick to tie their centre back in a knot before cooly putting our third away.

I thought Nick Ross had a fantastic game - he just didn't stop running!

Duncan - Oh dear. Considering his (flukey) goal last week and his consistent level of performance in the latter stages of the first division, to perform like that against Peterhead is criminal and entirely unprofessional IMO. Butcher could see he couldn't be arsed being on the field so hooked him for Morrison. Good call Butcher.

• Disagree 1

Well that was about as exciting as watching an episode of "Murder She Wrote"! ICT weren't exactly going all out, so long stretches of the game were nothing but snoozefests. I thought Eric played well, Rooney took both goals efficiently and Hayes was good in the second half. Ross was okay, but I feel that he should either be on the right, or not on at all. Tuffey had little to do and Duncan may have hit the post, but he said in the week that he doesn't practice shooting, and I doubt he practices passing either! Gave the ball away time after time. A good result, but not exactly a brilliant performance. And by the way, did anyone notice much of Wyness? No, me neither!

Nothing much to add except that Lee Cox is no right back!! He was awful there, the number of times their winger skipped past him was embarrassing.

Other than that...comfortable win, dull match.

He's a good stand in for when proc has to go to centre back. Didn't think he was awful.

Yet again i think everyone is overpraising ross. He was not one of the players that should be getting praise from this game IMO

Really boring game. The only exciting part was the build up play and Rooneys new party trick to tie their centre back in a knot before cooly putting our third away.

I thought Nick Ross had a fantastic game - he just didn't stop running!

Duncan - Oh dear. Considering his (flukey) goal last week and his consistent level of performance in the latter stages of the first division, to perform like that against Peterhead is criminal and entirely unprofessional IMO. Butcher could see he couldn't be arsed being on the field so hooked him for Morrison. Good call Butcher.

Nothing much to add except that Lee Cox is no right back!! He was awful there, the number of times their winger skipped past him was embarrassing.

Other than that...comfortable win, dull match.

Hey ho! IMHO, Duncan had a storming game in the middle, couple of passes went astray and he did as much as he had to against an opposition that was never going to trouble us and 48 hours after a brilliant display against DUFC. If you watch the highlights, he looked over his shoulder before he planted the ball, so "fluke", maybe not. Dunno where the rest of your critique comes from.

Cox, again IMHO wasn't embarrassed, but you are right - not his position.

I thought the game was actually not too bad. You could see where we were coming from, in pulling them all over the pitch so that fitness would eventually tell. It did in the 2nd half. After the first goal, Peterhead had to change things to a 4-3-3 and you saw what happened. Further two goals. I'm glad that the foot was taken off the gas after that, because I'm pretty sure that we'll be in better shape for saturday that St. Midden for instance. Watched the game from the main stand (behind the home dugout) in front of what I suspect might have been a family who complained constantly, drawing a couple of extremely dark responses from TB and MM. It was so far off the radar it was laughable, but there you go.

Well that was about as exciting as watching an episode of "Murder She Wrote"! ICT weren't exactly going all out, so long stretches of the game were nothing but snoozefests. I thought Eric played well, Rooney took both goals efficiently and Hayes was good in the second half. Ross was okay, but I feel that he should either be on the right, or not on at all. Tuffey had little to do and Duncan may have hit the post, but he said in the week that he doesn't practice shooting, and I doubt he practices passing either! Gave the ball away time after time. A good result, but not exactly a brilliant performance. And by the way, did anyone notice much of Wyness? No, me neither!

But whodunnit ?

But whodunnit ?

The Butcher.

:cool: