FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Signings in January

dougal

where has gary mackay-steven ended up???

i know it was mentioned a lot at the end of the summer, and i think he was offered a contract (pay as you play?). if he is injury free i see no problem in taking a six month look at him again?

We should definately sign GMS - he is what's needed for us to push forward in our hunt for the title.

Why is it? He's injury pron look at who's yet to even feature this year really due to injury.

someone on the supporters bus was saying he was asking for too much money, which seems weird considering he is injury prone and been without a club for a while now.

The same guy said there was a wolves scout at the accies game looking at two of our players who i would suspect to be rooney, ross or hayes.

I woudln't mind seeing gregory tade in a caley strip although i can't see it happening as we rarely go for the obviously choice.

I wouldn quite like if we were to extend mccanns loan and possibly get him on a pre-contract but if not we will need to sign a right back ASAP

• Agree 1

Rather than wasting cash on 'squad' players who are no better than what we have right now, we should be using the cash to keep Rooney on a long term deal. If we need to fill the bench, give some youth players a chance.

If we cant get Rooney on a long term deal though, perhaps we have to consider what fee we can get in Jan (controverisal I know) and look towards Dundee & Griffiths - although we may not be able to afford him & compete with the bigger clubs that will circle, but retaining Rooney for the next few years should be top priority.

Any gaps in the squad we should look to bring in loans from elsewhere, look at Motherwell with Blackman etc - consolidation this year is the key and retaining SPL status which Rooney will greatly help with rather than 'splashing cash' on wages/fees for bit part bench warmers.

• Agree 6

Rather than wasting cash on 'squad' players who are no better than what we have right now, we should be using the cash to keep Rooney on a long term deal. If we need to fill the bench, give some youth players a chance.

If we cant get Rooney on a long term deal though, perhaps we have to consider what fee we can get in Jan (controverisal I know) and look towards Dundee & Griffiths - although we may not be able to afford him & compete with the bigger clubs that will circle, but retaining Rooney for the next few years should be top priority.

Any gaps in the squad we should look to bring in loans from elsewhere, look at Motherwell with Blackman etc - consolidation this year is the key and retaining SPL status which Rooney will greatly help with rather than 'splashing cash' on wages/fees for bit part bench warmers.

Good post!

Rooney doesn't appear to be in a big hurry to sign a new contract, and if he doesn't we should listen to offers for him in January.

In total agreement with bdu. Main priority should be retaining Rooney just now and should we have to cash in on him it wouldn't suprise me if we had the kind of money to sign someone like Griffiths. Only player i feel we lack is an attacking midfielder. I heard about Mackay-Steven rejecting us as well, though if we were in a position to get him i would give him a chance, showed a great deal of potential when he was on trial here and would be great to test him against bigger teams.

I honestly think Mackay-Steven was just a lot of hype and thinks he could do better but didn?t, he is also injury prone, we don?t need that risk, Gil Should be back soon enough, Sanchez is IMO Attacking Mid/F Obi too I honestly don?t think we need anyone, just secure those we need to keep, I mean look at what The team have done with the Injuries we have just now... the futures bright.. The futures Caley!

Use any money we may have/get to give those Key players a rise.

Good post!

Rooney doesn't appear to be in a big hurry to sign a new contract, and if he doesn't we should listen to offers for him in January.

Totally agree Johnboy. Rooney could get ?2k-?3k a week in English Div1 so I really don't think there is much chance of us keeping him.

extend johnny's contract too.....he has been running alot of deefnces ragged this season and if were not carefull he could go, would much rather it was outside scotland but think he and adam must both be attracting attention

I wanted GMS at the start of the season with Hayes and Foran both out and Ross unproven (can't remember if Gill was out too). No desperate need now. If he's cheap (and it would seem, he isn't), take a chance and let him prove himself. No need if he's expecting to come in and command an important position (and salary) when there's still so much to prove.

• Agree 1

Act in haste, repent at leisure.

McCann may get better and better as he goes on, It's only fair to allow a player to settle in and get really comfortable with the other players and the system.

Some on here say he is not fast enough; but I saw him on the highligts move really fast off his mark to intervene in the nick of time to stop the opposing player scoring almost on the Caley Thistle line. It was a very timely intervention.He wasn't sleeping, that's for sure.

Give him some more time lads.