FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Signings in January

dougal

Can't help but thinking we can use the situation Dross County find themselves in to our advantage

With no manager there players will be at best restless and it's the ideal opportunity to send out our intent even if it's to unsettle them even more

I would like to see us approach Gardyne,Brittain and Vigurs(he shouldn't have been allowed to leave in the first place)

I feel if we don't get in there now we could lose these guys to Hibs

Thoughts?

Dougal

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 4

Can't help but thinking we can use the situation Dross County find themselves in to our advantage

With no manager there players will be at best restless and it's the ideal opportunity to send out our intent even if it's to unsettle them even more

I would like to see us approach Gardyne,Brittain and Vigurs(he shouldn't have been allowed to leave in the first place)

Thoughts?

Dougal

It'll be interesting to see if Butcher is given any money to spend in January but even if he is I can't see him getting enough to buy any of the above. All 3 mentioned would be good signings though

Whats the point? none of these players are better than we have imo, Gardyne better Jonny? Brittain better than Russell? Vigurs any better than Eric??? leave it out mate. :yellowcard:

Edited by caley100
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

Whats the point? none of these players are better than we have imo, Gardyne better Jonny? Brittain better than Russell? Vigurs any better than Eric??? leave it out mate. :yellowcard:

IMO they would be good replacements when hayes and co get taken out by BIG Bamba or someone. Its going to be a long time till the end of the season. If any of the players leave in Jan/Summer then you have instant cover. No?

• Agree 2

Leave what out mate???

Where did I say any of them are better than what's there at the moment??

I'm talking about strengthening the squad as we strive towards a sixth place

All three would be welcome additions only a walloper would think otherwise

• Agree 5

As far as I know (which is very little) in all of the comparisons you've mentioned the alternative player plays in a different position.

• Agree 1

Getting Rooney Exstended for me is a priority, I think that Duff sliding back in to RB from RM and Proctor being RM would cover for us, I dont think we really need to Add to what we have at the moment, and everyones skint.

As far as I know (which is very little) in all of the comparisons you've mentioned the alternative player plays in a different position.

It was never meant as a direct player for player comparison, more as a skill/skill issue, and we have Nick Ross (now under21 choice) Morrison and Sanchez waiting for games so we really have midfield cover without taking gypo's on.

But thanks for your pedantic reply...

I think a decent right back should be the first priority

McCann on a permanent deal?? or at least until the end of the season.

I'm hoping McCann gets sent back to Hibs. Apart from his wonder goal against United he's been pretty poor

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

It was never meant as a direct player for player comparison, more as a skill/skill issue, and we have Nick Ross (now under21 choice) Morrison and Sanchez waiting for games so we really have midfield cover without taking gypo's on.

You're welcome

If you said is Gardyne better than Odi?? Vigurs better than Russell?? or Brittain better than Hayes?? your point would be made but instead you have made yourself look like a fool.

I'm hoping McCann gets sent back to Hibs. Apart from his wonder goal against United he's been pretty poor

Harsh mate, he has been injured as well mind.... superb performance at Ibrox as well

Only my opinion but he's been poor in all the games I've seen him play. Perhaps he performs better away from home?

Actually thinking about it more depending on which games you attend you can have quite a skewed opinion of the team in general.

Edited by kencar

Thoughts?

Dougal

Why would we want to unsettle them even more? Their not even in the same league. I couldn't care less about these players and whether or not they went to Hibs. Sign up our own players first.

The only places in our squad that needs covered is attack and out on the wing. If we were to lose Rooney i don't think Sutherland would have enough experience to come in as a straight replacement. Also if we were to lose Johnny Hayes then i think we would really struggle creating as many chances as we do. I would take any of those three county players mentioned for improving the squad, most signings we make aren't expected to walk into the team anyway.

If we had the choice though i'd rather secure our current players for another couple seasons instead of spending that money on new players. Overall i have no problems with our current squad and i think its the best team we've ever had.

• Agree 1

I like Brittain but probably covers the same ground as Duff. Maybe not January but I would keep a look out as to how strong our squad is in July.

David McNamee is still looking for a club. I hope we can bring him in on trial perhaps to see if he's even half the player he was. RB position solved. Yeah, I know he's injury-prone but McCann isn't?

McCann has been pretty poor IMHO , his performance against Aberdeen was woeful .

I was starting to think he was an away day player as the times i have seen him at home Duff's been alot better and McCanns been terrible, sorry I'm trying not to slag players off this season, but he is not IMHO worth buying....

You're welcome

If you said is Gardyne better than Odi?? Vigurs better than Russell?? or Brittain better than Hayes?? your point would be made but instead you have made yourself look like a fool.

Pedantic again....:******: