FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

That was the year that was

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

2010 was a vintage year for Inverness Caledonian Thistle and in respect of attending away games will undoubtedly never be equalled. I have to say that 2010 will live in my memory as the year that my spirits were raised again and again - days out like Dumbfries, the Ship Inn and the SPL travels were the finest anti-depressant known to mankind.

So many thanks to TerryandMo, the players and staff of ICT and to all my muckers who have travelled along the long and winding road with me. I will continue to travel on the TerryandMo express and await the Caley D T-shirt to remind me of 2010.

And special New Year felicitations to Mr Bennett, Mr Sutherland and Mr Fraser - I am pleased to note that you have began to learn and are losing the Muppet tags. Can I be feckin kinder than that !!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

• Agree 5

Can safely say this is the greatest year i have ever had as a supporter of Caley Thistle.

We have acheived so much and long may it continue, may the next 12 months be just as fruitful a year.

Roll on 2011!

I doubt there really could be a better time to be a Caley supporter, through 2010 and, hopefully, onwards! Great time to get behind the club! Great first division outings, unbeaten in 22 was it? Beating all 9 other teams straight, getting promotion, every single SPL away game and Rangers at home, 5th in the league at the turn of the year.....what a time!!:ictscarf:

2010, well where do I start,

Killie in the cup, one of the few defeats in 2010 but still one of the most memorable games i've ever been too.

Dundee away, leading 2-0 and nearly blowing it. And not forgetting Mrs Dude being threatened with being thrown out :rotflmao:

Dumfries, Palmerston lounge, what a place. Dispite Rooney scoring a late goal that cost me a few ?. Singing ICT songs at 3.30am outside Jumping Jacks and singing to the police on way to Taxi. Brilliant :thumbup:

Ayr, First in to Ship inn, Last to leave, interupted by the party at Somerset. Being "tripped" on the pitch and being helped 2 my feet by stewards, conga, singing, Terry's speech.

Dundee at home and the Promotion party, and Caley club after. My head hurts just thinking about that hangover.

Fleetwood/Stockport games weekend, just brilliant.

Aberdeen at home, great result, and best ever train trip in evening.

Rangers away, great day, result, and very embarrassing :oops:

Just a few of the great memories from 2010, Thanks to all involved.

2010 has come to an end. Overall we've had a pretty good year! Didn't start off so well however we managed to get to the top of the table and grab the first division :D Our first game was a let down :( however we didn't go to Utd and pick up 3points and score some fantastic goals! We also went to both old firm grounds and picked up points and also got a point when rangers visited tcs thanks to a fantastic goal from Jonny and a penalty save by Esson. It's not ended as we hoped it would. 2 loses in a row and Hayes is out injured. However hope we get All 3 points at st Johnston on the 2nd! and Jonny gets back to full fitness soon All the best for 2011. X x x

Dinna be daft mun, that was one of the funniest bits of banter of the season...and good to catch up with you on a couple of occasions this year.

Happy New Year to all and special thanks to the girls and boys at CTO for another year of online distraction.

:ictscarf:

Raith at home on April 3rd.

County at home.

Almost every away day of 2010. Paticuarly Ayr and Pittodrie.

Winning the league.

Johnny's strike vs the Gers.

Away day weekend in Fleetwood.

Just a few to name...

Dinna be daft mun, that was one of the funniest bits of banter of the season...and good to catch up with you on a couple of occasions this year.

Happy New Year to all and special thanks to the girls and boys at CTO for another year of online distraction.

I thought you may have made sportscene with that one Dewsbury Dude.

I thought you may have made sportscene with that one Dewsbury Dude.

Fortunately not T6NY. More likely to be on Fat Families!! :nanananana:

yip. happy new year to all and sundry. 2010 what a belter. long live ict. the lack of pies maybe relative to results at home this season by some accounts.however the quality away. the quality away. the quality away. i get to few games. that's the way it is. (not far from chorley really but for some reason that place fills me with fear) i got ayr away in tho. cherry pickin ******. can i tell you a story? a few wispy months ago i heard 'chat' that ict maybe playing down in stockport. i live in stockport, infact in the shadow of edgeley park. guess what? the mrs managed to come up with a wedding in cumbria that day. oh well. it was just a pre season friendly (she got off with it in the end cos it was somewhere in northwich). just postin really to wish you all, yes all of you, even the county fans that post on here for a little bit of excitement, a magic 2011.

Can't say much more than has been said already about events on the park.....truly a year to remember and I look forward to us building on that in 2011.

I think it only right that I also make comment about things off the park also. Despite not always agreeing with the way the club do things I think they too deserve their share of the credit for bringing us through our season in Div 1 and keeping things together to allow Terry and Mo to do what they are doing on the playing side. The fans also played their part and despite any "opinions" about what happens home and away, you can't have one without the other and when all is said and done......well there's nothing more to say :lol:

Moving on to CTO and thanks to the moderators. Whether people have noticed it or not, the vast majority of the work that's now done in keeping the forums ticking over on a day to day basis, dealing with queries, laying the odd smack down where it's needed etc, is all done by these guys. Also special mention to everyone who has chipped in on the Editorial Team to bring us some very entertaining, interesting and informative match previews and reports....with extra special mention to TM4TJ who runs a tight ship and ensures everything is done and in place on time every week. Please don't take what these guys do for granted because without them doing what they do then CTO would not be half the site it is today.

For the first time in many years all parts of ICT seem to be pulling in the same direction and long may that continue.

A very Happy New Year to the HMS Sneck and all who sail in her.

• Agree 3

Many thanks to all of you. I've had many laughs on the Forum and, eventually, have learned not to rise to the bait! difficult though it has been on occasions. We all enjoyed the SFL in 2010 - what a journey - what memories - I enjoyed ALL the away games, especially Dumfries and counting the trains passing at Kirkcaldy!, but 2011 is another year and it is to be hoped that ICT will continue onwards and, hopefully, upwards.

Many thanks again to CTO and Happy New Year to you all. Lol x

Unforgettable!

And Caley D, I have given you a star or a point for a timely reminder of the great work obviously done behind the scenes throughout the year.

Some great preview reports there and TMFTj has done an exceptional job as you rightly say

:bouncyred::wave::canada:

Have great New Year.

Scarlet

When you consider the amazing year we've had, contrast our fortunes with those of Dundee. A year ago their fans were programming their stolen sat navs with the postcodes of SPL grounds.

Since then we leapfrogged them by about 24 points in 4 months, their latest rogue backer backed away leaving them to face administration and a 25 point penalty. So spare a thought for them.

Here's mine:

:nanananana:

A very Happy New Year to all from myself and Caleyjag, we hope 2011 is as good to all as 2010 was.

2010 will be a year I will remember greatly for obvious reasons which have all been mentioned above but for me the away days will live strong forever and be the mainstay of many stories for many years to come. I'm sure 2011 will bring some of it's own but not sure it can beat the likes of Ayr . My new year resolution is not to rise to the bait on here which I have been known to do once or twice and choose my words carefully at other times.

I hope everyone has a very prosperous 2011 and that ICT can continue to build and grow from the position that is in now and become a formidable SPL force for many years to come.