FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Typewriter makes a comeback

Scotty

I could see Mr Bannerman, or perhaps Mr McAllister typing their stories or press releases on an item like this ......

Alex ... its "retro chic" ... or in other words, completely f****** useless :lol:

• Agree 1

The best typewriter thatI ever worked with was a very old Olivetti where you really had to type the buttons hard . But this had great advantages. Nearly always, what you thought that you were typing was in fact what appeared on the page so I got up a ferocious speed.

Now, on this cissies light- fingered computer variety I spend more time correctiong the mistakes than I do almost to type the words. It's awful, especially when you can hardly see the keys. I am thinking about going back to the old guy again because I LIKE IT.

By the way, once it reaches 100 years old I will be in possessiono of an antique which will fetch a lot of money I will wager.

Any takers?-of course, you will have to pay the postage , however. I mean, Canada Post wanted me to pay $54 for sending a DVD to the U.K. before Christmas including a tracking code and Registration. Without tracking it was going to cost me $46 which you can roughly divide by 1.50 to get the pounds. The weight was 0.57kilos. I am still recovering from the shock.