FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Alba cup final

That was shocking. :lol:

County 2-0 up at half time can history repeat itself like last year?

Not like last year, no. The losers went on to win the league.

Can anyone remember what happened last time County won the Challenge Cup? I hope it's not an omen, another year in the second division could have a major effect on them financially. Although it would be funny to watch Tangoman explain himself, you can't buy success without money Jimmy.

to refer to the Challenge Cup as a diddy cup is disrespectful to teams outwith the SPL.

Very true, and I well remember how delighted ICT fans were to win this cup in 2003 - as well as how disappointed they were to lose the 1999 and 2009 finals.

A big well done to Ross County and it was good to hear Jimmy C in his post match interview give credit to Derek Adams who took the team through the earlier rounds and who was watching the final from the BBC commentary point.

I would now like to think that this cup final victory can give Ross County the boost which will finally take them away from any threat of the relegation playoffs, a danger which they should not be facing in any case.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 4

The diddy cup was meant to be ironic as last yr thats what was being said on here after we lost. My aon is now calling it the cursed cup so we will see.

I got the irony ocg.....dont worry....it didnt go whoosing above EVERYONES head :twothumbsup:

am i the only one that was surprised barrowman scored that? :tongueincheek:

He took his time about it though. If any of the defenders had been doing their job they just might have got back in time to block or at least put pressure which might have caused him to pull it wide from 2 foot.

He took his time about it though. If any of the defenders had been doing their job they just might have got back in time to block or at least put pressure which might have caused him to pull it wide from 2 foot.

If i was a Queens defender i would be wondering why Hutton felt the need to take so many touches.

If i was a Queens defender i would be wondering why Hutton felt the need to take so many touches.

He saw Barrowman close by and naturally concluded there was no threat.

• Agree 1