FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

They are top of the League below.

CELTIC1CALEY3

Looking at their last few games Luke, I dont think they've been showing frailties so much as the other teams are trying harder knowing the championship is slipping away from them.

I would hardly call 16 points out of 18 for County in their last six games a frailty (the two they dropped were the product of a 93rd minute penalty for Morton last midweek). But if anyone especially wants to use the word, maybe they could instead apply it to Dundee who have taken just 10 points out of 18... or Falkirk who have managed just 8.

The reality is that County... who have actually gone 26 and not 24 games unbeaten..... far from being pegged back, have actually stretched their lead quite dramatically in recent weeks.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Oh well, seems I was wrong. County have managed to avoid their traditional February/March collapse.

They're coming up to the SPL and this is very bad news for us.

Hope I'm wrong about that too!

• Agree 1

As things stand right now County could be champions next week

Yup.... if County win next Saturday and Dundee don't County are champions. And I would imagine the ICT "squeaky bum" squad are also much reassured by their cushion now extended to 11 points with a game in hand?

Charles, I fear that some bums are simply unsqueakable. If people don't believe that we are now safe and looking to next season, they are simply so tightly clenched that reality is no longer registering. I'm looking forward to the derbies already.

• Agree 1

Oh well, seems I was wrong. County have managed to avoid their traditional February/March collapse.

I too thought/hoped they would suffer a monumental collapse after xmas. But...it pains me to say it....they deserve to come up. If only Dundee and Falkirk had made more of a fist of it

Edited by SMEE

I too thought/hoped they would suffer a monumental collapse after xmas. But...it pains me to say it....they deserve to come up. If only Dundee and Falkirk had made more of a fist of it

Falkirk is a terrible away day. Dundee... well we already do that! Dingwall away will be a much better away day than Dunfermline. I hope Hibs don't go down as it is a great stadium to go to.

I'd rather see St Mirren go down - Paisley is a tragic away day experience. Pity we're going to lose one of the east coast teams. Especially Dunfermline - the bridies = nom.

Isn't that biased since you have a bet on the Buddies going down? Are you saying that you don't enjoy your trips to the Alamo? :lol:

This thread title is starting to bug me every time I log on. They're top of the league.... but we're still above them!

With County currently on 62 points and with 7 to play, the maximum total they could get would be 83. Hibs' First Division record points tally of 89 from the 36 games in 98-99 is safe but when a club of the size of Hibs goes into the First Division, this kind of outcome can certainly happen. On the other hand Hibs lost three games that season (but with very few draws) so County are still on target to go through the season with the smallest number of defeats.

The second biggest tally is Falkirk at 81 points in 02-03. Caley Thistle totalled 70 when they won in 2004 and 73 second time around in 2010.

What a bunch of knicker-wetting pearl-clutchers we have on this thread. We'll be fine with County coming up, it'll be good to have a derby game and we'll benefit from having more away fans than we get from Dunfermline or Hibs.

• Agree 1

I'd rather see St Mirren go down - Paisley is a tragic away day experience. Pity we're going to lose one of the east coast teams. Especially Dunfermline - the bridies = nom.

Isn't that biased since you have a bet on the Buddies going down? Are you saying that you don't enjoy your trips to the Alamo? :lol:

This thread title is starting to bug me every time I log on. They're top of the league.... but we're still above them!

I'll fix it for you