FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dargo Airs his Views

davieB

From todays P&J

Craig Dargo fears he will be made a scapegoat for Caley Thistle's barren run in front of goal after it extended to 372 minutes at the weekend.

The Highland side has not scored since Graham Bayne's diving header during the 1-1 draw against Aberdeen at Caledonian Stadium on November 6.

Four matches have passed since then, with three of them, including Saturday's 1-0 loss to Motherwell, ending in defeat.

The 0-0 home draw with Hearts nine days ago has provided Charlie Christie's team with its only point since the stalemate with the Dons a month ago. The run of more than six hours without a goal is the longest Inverness have suffered since they made their SPL debut in August 2004.

Dargo, who is the club's leading-scorer with five goals, is wary of being cast as the man responsible for their dip in form.

Motherwell won in Inverness with an 89th-minute penalty, converted by Richie Foran, after Darren Dods brought down Scott McDonald in the area and was sent off for the foul.

Dargo said: "I am not saying it is the team's fault for not giving me enough service because last season they did well and I felt I did well because of it. But in the last couple of weeks, I have not been getting many chances to score and you can't get goals if you don't get the ball into the penalty area.

"If the forwards don't get any chances, there isn't much they can do and maybe that is why I am getting taken off more than others. I am not saying I am being made a scapegoat and I certainly don't want to be.

"I would hope people are wise enough not to point the finger, because it is not just one individual's fault. It wouldn't be right, for example, to say it was Darren's fault we lost this game because he gave away the penalty. Football is a team game and we are all responsible."

Of the 17 matches he has played this season, Dargo has been substituted in 12. Graham Bayne has finished the 14 games he has started. It clearly irks the former Kilmarnock player, particularly as half the league goals Caley have scored have come in the final 15 minutes of matches.

Dargo added 'it always seems to be me who comes off first, but I don't know why as I'm not the only one not scoring. I am still the clubs leading goalscorer but when we are looking for a goal I am being taken off and I'm not happy about it'

'I have not spoken to the manager about it yet, but it does seem as though it is my number which comes up on the board all the time'

I do feel sorry for the wee man. He is head and shoulders above any of our other attacking options, yet as I pointed out in a previous thread, he's the one who's constantly getting hooked. I thought Saturday was the low point....allowing him just 15 minutes of the second half??? No wonder he's fecked off....

Unless he gets better service he isn't going to be able to score. Simple fact

I doubt many people would be able to explain why he is constantly subbed. He is obviously our most potent goal scoring threat and he has a bit of pace about him as well.

Not really providing him much incentive to resign either  :006:

Dargo is right there is no service, the ball is just punted upfield missing out the mid- field, its all hit and hope.

We used to be able to pass the ball with speed, teams coming to caley park had a job finding the ball it was passed so quickly, now its the reverse. The style we are playing reminds me of when Balthat---- was manager, defend the last third then release Wilson Robertson, unfortunately we have nobody with that kind of pace.

Dargo and Bayne have to fight for every ball instead of finishing of the moves, having said that they have missed a few good chances.

Things might change with the introduction of Macaffery since dodds is suspended

Don't think anoyone here will blame Dargo. I certainally don't. He had a long spell last year when he didn't score, then became the second highest scorer in the league. He'll pull through it.

I predict five past United next week.  :021:

I back Dargs to get back on the scoring form again... but as said above midfield are not pushing forward enough to create space with the result that there are 3-4 defenders covering Dargs = no space.

Bayne needs to be dropped, he doesnt give anything special up front, get Denzil back on, and give wee Sutherland a chance, i waould have liked to see him on instead of Mcallister on Saturday!!

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

The crowd actually started booing when he was subbed against Well.

Dargo and Wyness are both players who we've signed as failures from other clubs who have transformed with regular games and confidence. Charlie seems to be doing everything he can to undermine their confidence.

Don't think many will disagree with what he has to say, but as he said himself he has not spoken to the Manager about it yet and that should have been the FIRST person he spoke to, not the press.  So, although I agree with most of what he says I am disappointed to see him running to the press crying about it the way he has here.

I've said this before and I'll throw it into the ring for discussion.  Given Barry' s slowing down and the need to try something different, I'd like to see Dargo play as more of a right winger, He's got the pace and the skill to link the midfield and the other two forwards (possibly Wyness and Bayne).  Is this not the position Aberdeen play Darren Mackie in? Look at the goals he's been banging in.

Must admit I was very surprised to see Dargo saying his bit in the papers.

You very rarely see any problems like this at the club.

Maybe I'm overreacting but I feel the end is nigh between Dargo and Inverness

I've said this before and I'll throw it into the ring for discussion.  Given Barry' s slowing down and the need to try something different, I'd like to see Dargo play as more of a right winger, He's got the pace and the skill to link the midfield and the other two forwards (possibly Wyness and Bayne).  Is this not the position Aberdeen play Darren Mackie in? Look at the goals he's been banging in.

Nope Mackie plays as a centre forward for Aberdeen.

We tried him as a right winger when he was on loan and it didn't really work.

Dargo would be wasted on the wing

Must admit I was very surprised to see Dargo saying his bit in the papers.

You very rarely see any problems like this at the club.

Maybe I'm overreacting but I feel the end is nigh between Dargo and Inverness

Bit Harsh to criticise Dargo for saying his piece.

Wasn't Hart saying a few weeks back he might have to consider leaving if he couldn't get a game as did Duncan the month before