FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Wick V ICT 17th April?

Joe DiMaggio

Speaking to some Wickers at the weekend, this game is part of the transfer deal for signing Shane Sutherland - it's taken a few years to arrange, but they're looking forward to it. I hope ICT take some first team players and give any recovering from injury a run out???

I broke my smart phone so can't do it during the game but will write up something after the game when I get home.

Rain and wind here today though....hopefully it dies down a bit before the game.

Oddquine, is it Wick you live in?

I'm in Lybster....but have hopefully rustled up a lift through.......or more importantly given the buses (or lack of them)....a lift back! Lol! It has calmed down weather wise here now. Fingers crossed it's the same in Wick..and that it lasts.

Would one of you folk going like to keep the rest of us informed with what happens in this game? Thanks

I would.....but my phone just texts and phones.

Failing any other more high tech option, happy to text team, subs and scoring to anyone one who wants to post it on here if they give me their number.......but be warned......at my texting speed, Joe DiMaggio will have arrived home, produced and uploaded his game report before I get the final score sent out. :blush:

Speaking to some Wickers at the weekend, this game is part of the transfer deal for signing Shane Sutherland - it's taken a few years to arrange, but they're looking forward to it. I hope ICT take some first team players and give any recovering from injury a run out???

Pretty sure they have played each other in Wick sine Sutherland went to ICT. Think this might just be a bounce game since we haven't played in a while.

Dont rush - from Wick Academy web-site.

Wick Academy v Inverness Caley Thistle

Tuesday 17th April Postponed

The friendly between Wick Academy and Inverness Caledonian Thistle on Tuesday 17th April is postponed due to a water-logged pitch.

Academy's next scheduled game is home to Huntly on the 21st April. Last Updated ( Tuesday, 17 April 2012 )

Don't usually postpone bounce games (or advertise them come to that).....just call them off..so it does look as if it was part of the transfer deal for signing Shane Sutherland and still to be fulfilled.

Though not I don't suppose very soon. With my kind of luck, I'll bet it is the next time I'm away from home and not able to make it...like the 2nd week in May. :cry:

how can the pitch be waterlogged? its at such a slop its almost a mountain. id imagine all the water would slide down the pitch to the road at the bottom.

It slides down and makes a huge puddle in the bottom right hand corner of the pitch! Loads of games were switched to oppositions venues over winter as the pitch was waterloged. That is why Wick have something like 6 out of their last 7 games at home or something around that.