FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Season's expectation

Doofer

With butcher rebuilding the team (again), where are ICT expected to finish this season. Is it anywhere as long as it's not 12th for those with the glass half empty? Is it 6th for those with the glass half full? Is it higher than 6th for the dreamers or is 8th or 9th which i think is where we shall finish for the realists?

Sorry mate but I really think your in some sort of dream world. Glass half empty is relegation. Glass half full is survival. We are, and always will be, a small team from a small city many miles from the heart of Scottish football. We went against all odds to get to SPL. We dont have the finances to make high league positions a goal but by f*ck we will do our best. Every season anything above eleventh will be a bonus.

It's going to be an exciting season I think. Lots of teams can beat others, so I'm not too sure about expectations. I'm really buoyed up by the comments previous teams have made about King and Warren. I'm also really looking forward to Oswell. Some players can just score and score, no matter the league. I'm hoping he's one.

I expect to avoid relegation but I also expect some really exciting matches as I think we can match St J, the Dons, RC etc but with no easy matches*. I think the difference between 10th and 6th might be only a couple of points. A missed penalty. A rookie goalie. That could make or break it.

*except Hibs of course.

Obviously I'd love a top 6 finish. Realistically though I'd be delighted with 7th to 9th place. As Luke alludes to, injuries (or lack thereof) due to our small squad will play an important part in our season. Oh and of course above the caravan dwellers!

I would very much like to finish above Ross County.

Why set our sights so low? the unwashed caravan dwellers are the leeches of north football.

They rely on Inverness for 80% of their business suppport, they are sending buses to Inverness to collect fans, the players all live in Inverness (or closer to sneck than dungwell) part of their signing on deal is that they get to stay in Sneck.

They would be fecked if it were not for Inverness.

Feck Ross county.

• Agree 2

Its difficult to judge just now as we've not played many games, but, on the basis of what I've seen (Cov 0 at home and Midden away) I feel we may do quite well. Both games had good passing football but the end product needs fine tuning. I think we will do quite well this term and will be hanging around the mid-table for most of the season. Not so sure about a top six though as other teams have a bigger squad than us and injuries / suspensions will play a major part. We've had four bookings already after game one so the writing could be on the wall if discipline isn't brought under control. Over to you TB.

What happens on the pitch will take care of itself and the only thing we can do as fans is get behind the team and give them as positive and vocal a backing as we can and hope that spurs them on to the odd extra goal and point on the board. My only expectation for the team (as I say every season) is that they go out there and give it their best shot in every game.

Our target should be survival, our expectations should be to improve on last season and our hopes should be for a top six finish.

I also largely agree with 12th Man, insofar as giving a little more focus to the off the field operations. That is where the non playing side of the club and the fans have real opportunity and can make great inroads into improving the overall matchday experience (home and away) and get more bums on seats.....that in turn puts a few more pennies in the kitty to allow other things to happen and some of that inevitably rolls over into the playing budget and allows for improvements there.

"TOGETHER"....should be the buzz word for this season.

I have no idea to be honest. I only saw the team once in pre-season and judging from the highlights of last weeks game we were unlucky not to get three points. After today I'll make my mind up but I would love some sort of cup run. It would generate money for the club and give the fans something to get behind.

• 9 months later...

My expectation at the start of the season was eleventh place. Given where we were at the turn of the year, my expectation then was second place and a League Cup final.

Surpassed expectations in 2012 but, given the standard we set from October to December, 2013 has been a bit of an anticlimax. Sunday represents the final opportunity to put that right.