FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

FAO caley100 ... re HASTINGS

clacher_holiday2

noticed over the past few weeks youve been banging on about us getting new wingbacks, roscoe has obvious fitness issues but is far more than capable (in the bobby mann mould, plenty of ability but no athleticism, except without the attitude probs!) of doing a job for us when on his game and hastings i have always commented upon as one of our best players.

personally, i rate him as the fittest, strongest and easily the most techniquically gifted player in the first team squad at the moment, with rankin and black next in the list.  i honestly think we could play him anywhere and he'd be good enough, i know some wont agree, but i personally think hes superb.

ill write a bit more about his game and what he gives us in terms of our overall structure and creativity but id seriously love to know how you think we could do better than him at left back.  explaination needs to have at least one point i agree with to be taken seriously!

yes im picking on you

Guest caradoll101

i agree with you 100% on this matter.i have noticed that he has really been caleys best player never mind best defender!i think he is doing verry well and i hope he contienly does us all proud!

As I have said before, I would love to see us with a better option at left back, nothing to do with Hastings ability there, that is not in question (for me), but purely because I would love to see him (Hastings) played on the left wing.

I've made no secret of my admiration for Hastings.

One of his strengths is his ability to get forward up the left wing while still performing his defensive duties.

Great vision too - it's fascinating to watch his movement off the ball.

Dunno if he's the MOST technically gifted, but he's certainly up there.

When he came back to us he seemed very reluctant to get forward as he had done previously - seemed to lack confidence. Seemed a bit out of his depth too. But he gradually got there. With increasing confidence he established his place in the team and improved beyond anything he'd achieved before to become the great player he is today.

I have to say I'm quite surprised by the criticism he gets on these boards - do these people know anything about football?

its unbeleivable how far hastings has improved since rejoining ict,but yes we need a new left and right bask what happens if either hastings or tokely get injured/suspended we havent got ideal cover(gollys past it/and caff isnt any good at right back)

Din think my comments regarding Rossco and ******** would come to much notice, but there ya are, its just opinions.

Rossco starts every week, whether he plays good or bad, and for the last 8- 10 games he has to me, been off the pace.

Just count the goals we lose from crosses from our left back area.

Should have added that Rossco should have a player breathing down his neck - wanting his place, i think he has become a wee bit complacent.

To be fair Dicky has done no bad, but if you remember he was only brought in for cover for a fine ( at the time ) Golly, we could do with better if we want to improve.