FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Boo's to players !

Fanoffooty

Unfortunately the said player would maybe have heard the boos but not the folk that supported him. I know you pay your money and all that but I would never boo one of our own personally. Team confidence needs building after the last few games and this will definately not help at all.

• Agree 7

Some people need reminding that ICT have been a revelation this season, they have played magnificently and so has the management. Still second in the league they have made a lot of people sit up and take notice.

Rome wasn't built in a day neither is a football team, this side have been and still are on a learning curve that was obvious today by the nervousness in the front line and the many chances missed. They out played Celtic in many spells in the game and only apprehension stopped them from giving Celtic a real hiding, this can and will be overcome as the season progresses I feel certain of that. Just take a long look at the excellent football they were playing, it has got better and better each match. I for one was proud of the whole team, management again included.

So we don't have our local lads playing all the time but come on, we are very much a premier league side striving for the top six and even the chance of playing in Europe so we need to fit the right blend into the side, not at all an easy task but one that is being undertaken by TB in a very professional and yes successfull way.

We have lost some very important games, yes, disappointing yes but the rest of the season is equally important and ICT can recover from the results of these last few games and get back the winning form of the first half of the season.

As for the boo boys all I can say is they haven't got the inteligence of  brain damaged rats and know little about football.

An angry bughtmaster

• Agree 5

Total disgrace. He is an overweight **** (in a red jacket today) and has been seen wearing stupid head gear which I gues is good to put his stupid head in :tosser:  A few of us gave him a shouting down. He only appeared this season (in that seat anyway) and has been shouting crap for some time. Seems to have a wee team of moronic pals who go along with his comments. I just hope the guys around him shout him down in future or he might find out what it feels like to be thrown from the top row....

• Agree 3

Some people need reminding that ICT have been a revelation this season, they have played magnificently and so has the management. Still second in the league they have made a lot of people sit up and take notice.

Rome wasn't built in a day neither is a football team, this side have been and still are on a learning curve that was obvious today by the nervousness in the front line and the many chances missed. They out played Celtic in many spells in the game and only apprehension stopped them from giving Celtic a real hiding, this can and will be overcome as the season progresses I feel certain of that. Just take a long look at the excellent football they were playing, it has got better and better each match. I for one was proud of the whole team, management again included.

So we don't have our local lads playing all the time but come on, we are very much a premier league side striving for the top six and even the chance of playing in Europe so we need to fit the right blend into the side, not at all an easy task but one that is being undertaken by TB in a very professional and yes successfull way.

We have lost some very important games, yes, disappointing yes but the rest of the season is equally important and ICT can recover from the results of these last few games and get back the winning form of the first half of the season.

As for the boo boys all I can say is they haven't got the inteligence of  brain damaged rats and know little about football.

An angry bughtmaster

Sorry but we have been tactically sussed out - it was clear too many weeks ago - This has been a GOOD season but it is in danger of falling apart. We have ONE system - we are trying to put replacements in to that system who do not fit - we have not got anything other than Plan A - we are sticking to some players instead of looking at alternatives - we can not adjust to counter the formations and danger men of the opposition - we have become predictable to every other coach in the SPL. We are basically tactically inept.

• Agree 3

No place for the booers.

I think we might have produced more if there wasn't so much pressure on the team. Sadly we will never know if it would have made any difference.

Fact is I couldn't believe that we went into the new year in second place, now we are in Feb and still there regardless. Hopefully we have had our blip and we can build on what we have!

Oh shut up with all your moans IHE, it is doing my head in!!!

Well I'm not surprised as it wouldnt take much :wink:  Have you forgotten that this is a fans football forum and it is all about opinions. And if you ever bother to read in to many of my comments I often try to focus on some positives as well.Unfortunately I am also passionate and I shoot from the hip - but I aint alone in my views about our tactics. I suppose Bughtmaster took this thread in another direction - which from a psychological perspective - shows that he is frustrated as well. As fer the second last line of his post then I would have given him a like. If you are going to give out criticism then do it on here, away from the game, and provide a feckin rationale.

An angry bughtmaster

Sorry but we have been tactically sussed out - it was clear too many weeks ago - This has been a GOOD season but it is in danger of falling apart. We have ONE system - we are trying to put replacements in to that system who do not fit - we have not got anything other than Plan A - we are sticking to some players instead of looking at alternatives - we can not adjust to counter the formations and danger men of the opposition - we have become predictable to every other coach in the SPL. We are basically tactically inept.

Must disagree here IHE, the system does work is working and will work all that is missing is clinical finishing. The chances have been made but spurned and that is why you are not heaping praise on the set up at the momment,. We have torn defences apart, left keepers stranded, frightened the s**t out of other managers, done everything but put these chances away. Why ?  imo lack of self belief.

At the other end we have lapses of concentration through an overeagerness to keep the attack flourishing, when a team breaks through you can feel the apprehension in the defence.

Fortunately both attack and defence issues can be resolved and T&M will make sure they are.

We have never been in such a high position before at this stage, liken it to a game of poker when you are holding a really good hand, you are just a little bit scared the others have been dealt good hands too, the stakes are high, more than you can afford, you get nervy.

Keep your chin up IHE trust me, I am not a doctor. :smile:

You only get clinical finishing when you get a final ball of quality - there is no use in looking pretty but not scoring. The system worked fer 15 minutes and then Lennon changed the shape and approach of his team. He changed the Cellic system 3 or 4 times during the game. That is what I am going on about - we dont have a Plan B far less a Plan C or D. We have become wholly predictable. And I have watched three of the last 4 games and in all three the opposition have changed their systems to combat ours and we have not done likewise.  Are you telling me that you were not surprised that we stuck to the same system during the game - are you telling me that you were not surprised that we sat deeper after we scored - are you telling me that you were not surprised that Roberts was the first choice substitute and put in a wide role - are you telling me that you were not surprised that we didnt put another sub on until the last few minutes and that it would be Shane being put in to a wide position ?

I admire yer confidence though and I again agree that we have the players and both the attack and the defence issues could be resolved but I am not sure if T&M have the nonce to do that. As fer poker - we are holding a good hand and we are still got more chips than many of the others. But that is when you "bluff" or you suss what the others are holding. I am worried that it has become clear to the other players what we are holding.

And there again - a win versus Killie, a draw at muvversmell and a win down the Gorgie Road - and who knows. We have the technology but will we use it ?

• Agree 1

Guest Mahonio

You can have an opinion but don't repeat yourself, that's what annoyed me about your post.

And as for your point about it being "Celtic(s reserves", Celtic don't have such a thing as their all good players who can become regulars and in the case of Commons, Stokes and Forster are 1st team players with Rogic and Gershon contenders to start some games this season.

I disagree that Celtic team yesterday was guff and we all know it - Stokes, Miku, Rogic, Gershon they are all poor compared to Hooper, Wanyama, Brown, Forrest etc - as I posted elsewhere I'm glad NL never started with Watt.

As for the boo's, I never noticed tham but suspect the player that they were directed at. Now I disagree with the boo'ing of a player but the lack of effort IMO when on the pitch was worthy of it, if he was boo'd entering the picth based on the cup history then thats unacceptable. When you see a team of players bursting to get back in a game, the last thing you expect is a player to be casually strolling around the park expecting the ball to be played to him compared to other forward players who on several occaions were defending open play back at the 18 yard line.

• Agree 1

You can have an opinion but don't repeat yourself, that's what annoyed me about your post.

And as for your point about it being "Celtic(s reserves", Celtic don't have such a thing as their all good players who can become regulars and in the case of Commons, Stokes and Forster are 1st team players with Rogic and Gershon contenders to start some games this season.

You just repeated yerself !! It is what is called dialogue and is the art of polite clarification - Answer one question - How many of those players will start the game against Juventus - apart from Commons who was given a 45 minute run out ?  If they arent in the first team they must be in the reserves.

By the way a contender is a challenger for a first team place or in other words a reserve at the moment.

You only get clinical finishing when you get a final ball of quality - there is no use in looking pretty but not scoring. The system worked fer 15 minutes and then Lennon changed the shape and approach of his team. He changed the Cellic system 3 or 4 times during the game. That is what I am going on about - we dont have a Plan B far less a Plan C or D. We have become wholly predictable. And I have watched three of the last 4 games and in all three the opposition have changed their systems to combat ours and we have not done likewise.  Are you telling me that you were not surprised that we stuck to the same system during the game - are you telling me that you were not surprised that we sat deeper after we scored - are you telling me that you were not surprised that Roberts was the first choice substitute and put in a wide role - are you telling me that you were not surprised that we didnt put another sub on until the last few minutes and that it would be Shane being put in to a wide position ?

I admire yer confidence though and I again agree that we have the players and both the attack and the defence issues could be resolved but I am not sure if T&M have the nonce to do that. As fer poker - we are holding a good hand and we are still got more chips than many of the others. But that is when you "bluff" or you suss what the others are holding. I am worried that it has become clear to the other players what we are holding.

And there again - a win versus Killie, a draw at muvversmell and a win down the Gorgie Road - and who knows. We have the technology but will we use it ?

The questions you pose are all valid in their own right to a certain extent I will concede that.Do remember though we are virtually the poor relation in the league. We do not have the luxory of having game changing players available to switch tactics so easily as some. We are predictable yes but it is a system where all our players can adapt to and fit in to the scheme of things. As I said before we still get in to the scoring positions ripping defences apart with this system all we need are strikers that are brim full of confidence to put these chances away.

Yes I was surprised at first at the choice of your little Rastamouse coming on but on reflection I thought about the mess he made of Celtic in the last match so imo it was a very fair gamble. We haven't seen Pepper for some time T& M have so I go by their judgement rather than my own.  What I do bow down to is the matter of Shane I do grant you that wholeheartedly.

Incidentally my frustrations arise at negative attitudes and booing not the team performance.

Love your last line, thumbs up to that.

I go for two wins in a row.    Raise you five, your call.  :wink:

• Agree 1

Guest Mahonio

I ain't going to argue with you IHE because its just pointless.

How many of these guys will start v Juve you ask, well Forster, Matthews, Commons (as you said), then you have Pat McCourt, Tony Watt, Anthony Stokes, Rami Gershon and Tom Rogic that may make bench.

Then you have the young boys Joe Chalmers and Marcus Fraser who will one day be the future for Celtic so for us to lose to them is no disgrace.

I am saying no more in this as this will then end up as a thread with us arguing.

By the way, you are one of the good guys so don't want to fall out with you :-).